FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Aug 5, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #1,381 of 1,931
Received my M11 Pro today
IMG_20200805_162622.jpg

Initial impressions are very positive. It's a clear step up from M11 and X7II (AM5) in sound quality, it's fast and fluid.
The build quality is better than X7II and no cases in the box a is big miss and I can't find softcase for this on FiiO India website.

Aug 5, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #1,382 of 1,931
A problem with MOOV music streaming service everything play at 192K or whatever the last sample rate is for example I play music from Neutron last song is 96K than I play music on MOOV everything will play at 96K.

192K happens when I restart my M11 Pro and the first music I play is from MOOV than everything play at 192K.

Please fix the problem I think is not detecting the correct Bit and Sample rate for MOOV.

9AC65C94-7485-499A-8097-97348AAA28F7.jpeg

Aug 5, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1,383 of 1,931
Agreed. Also I don’t think BGGA is biased towards FiiO, he just correctly points out that FiiO DAPs like the M11 will get you 90% there compared to the big guns for 50% or less of the price. At least for now, until the others catch up (which they’re trying to do with the R5 (HiBy) and DX160 (iBasso) but aren’t quite there yet). The M11 Pro, at $700, should be even closer in terms of SQ, but just makes too many compromises over the M11 design in my opinion so the value prop won’t be the same.

Speaking of big guns, I have a medium-sized gun from 2018, the A&K SE100. It sounds good, It originally went for $1,600, and was the top of A&K's mid line at the time.

Does anyone know both and can compare the sound from the SE100 to the sound of the FIIO M11 Pro?

Thanks.

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #1,385 of 1,931
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

The clear case doesn't comes with the M11 Pro. Due to the limitations of process design and material supplier, we cannot produce a clear case that meets our quality requirements. Beides, beacuse of the production technology and quantity, the supplier is not willing to cooperate. In addition, we got some complaint of the product quality and workmanship from some users before. Please understand that we have tried our best to coordinate with the supplier, but the result is still unsatisfactory. Therefore, considering comprehensively, the M11 Pro is not applied with a clear case.

Best regards

Gosh, it's an inexpensive soft plastic case that is intended to last until a user gets his regular case. How much quality and workmanship is needed? Just make it fit, let the buttons stick out where they need to, and be done with it?

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #1,386 of 1,931
Three years ago the X7ii that cost about the same as the M11 Pro came with two cases. Whether future FiiO DAPs come with a case will be a big deciding factor and I had most of their daps for the X3 MK1.

Aug 5, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #1,387 of 1,931
Because as long as there are suckers out there buying ‘the latest and greatest’ - starting with the M11, then Pro, then 15, then... then FiiO will keep splitting up the product line. Also keeps them ‘fresh’ and in the mind of greedy consumers. I would also prefer a 1-2 year release schedule of a ‘family’ of DAPs (like Apple does it), but I’m not the product manager. Personally I don’t ‘need’ more than the M11 and rather invest in the best IEMs I can buy. I promise you the FH7 will sound better with an M11 than a T2 with an M15 Pro :wink:

Being a new person on this group, I see only one unit on B&H site. So we ended up with only one?

Aug 5, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #1,388 of 1,931
Sweet, thanks for educating me. I will order some balanced cables and get back to this thread with an update on how it works.

M11Pro + FH7 are a match made in heaven at this price point folks, if you're on the fence about the same combo I'd say go for it immediately. :)

I have the Sennheiser SE535 (non-bluetooth) which is (or was) in the same price ballpark. Would you say that the FH7 has better sound quality for use with the M11Pro?

If so, is that because it's inherently better, or because it matches up well (intentionally or otherwise) with the player?

Aug 5, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,389 of 1,931
Balanced is 4x the output power, so for hungrier cans the difference is significant.

I see you have the Focal Utopia
While I absolutely understand why people like the option of two card slots, it is quite funny when I put it in the perspective of growing up with cassette tapes and CD's. Apart from the space on a single tiny little card for multiple albums (even if DSD), it never seems to occur to people that you can have multiple cards and just switch them around if you want different music... :D

ps. Yeah, I am starting to feel old. :p

I am used to SDXC cards as implemented on every A&K player, as well as IBasso, and even the intro little M3Pro. When I bought the M11 Pro it was a shock at how finicky and fragile the insertion and transport mechanism is for the SDXC card. I had to watch a youtube video to figure out how to open the thing, and I felt as if I would break it the first time I inserted a card. I had a lot of trouble getting the transport to open the first time even though I saw the video. Do I just push in? No. I push in and try to pull...? I still don't know how I opened it. And I wonder if I could open it again at some future point.

There is no way I can imagine myself opening and closing and inserting and re-inserting a card on this unit any number of times. It *will* break.

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #1,393 of 1,931
Anyone know where I can get a nice soft case for the unit? Amazon doesn't have anything that will ship earlier than 2-3 months from now.
I have this one, seems to be a few listings on eBay for it: https://fiio.com/productinfo/436441.html

As to whether using the Q5S with the M11Pro is worthwhile I’d say just give it a go and let your ears be the judge. How it sounds to you is what matters most anyway.

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #1,394 of 1,931
I have this one, seems to be a few listings on eBay for it: https://fiio.com/productinfo/436441.html
OresI ca
As to whether using the Q5S with the M11Pro is worthwhile I’d say just give it a go and let your ears be the judge. How it sounds to you is what matters most anyway.

thanks. I don’t buy from eBay. I am surprised that there are no regular stores I can buy it from or fiio itself.

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #1,395 of 1,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back