FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jan 15, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #932 of 1,931
For all you much more in the know Re: DAPs.

Will mostly use it to stream Spotify off Wifi around the house. Play some stored music, but yeah, mostly Spotify streaming.

Is the M11 Pro the best bet? Anything same price or less worth looking in to?

I was going to go DAC/amp from phone, but think a DAP will suit me better.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #933 of 1,931

Will mostly use it to stream Spotify off Wifi around the house. Play some stored music, but yeah, mostly Spotify streaming.

So, I've just started looking at DAPs recently myself, but I think the HiBy R5 and R6 Pro are also worth a look. You could also go for a A&K SR15, there where openb units on sale on headamp, if I'm not mistaken. I'd also take a look on Shanling's and iBasso's DAPs, I dunno much about those, but maybe they'll suit you.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #935 of 1,931
I'll check out the Hiby, cheers. And did see the SR15 too.

Most important is good Spotify integration and overall SQ.
Happy to help ! Also, if you're using Spotify only on the WiFi, there were open box A&K Kanns on headamp as well, for about as much as a new M11 Pro, that might also be worth looking into. Just remembered about those.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #937 of 1,931

You might want to rethink that. I was like you for the past several months, but I reconsidered based on all I have read on this thread. Spotify isn't natively supported on Fiio. Thus, you would need to download it via a 3rd party app, since you can't download it via Google play, since Google play isn't an option with Fiio daps (or any of their bluetooth wireless portable dac/amps like Btr3/Btr5) either. So you're forced to download Spotify via a sketchy 3rd party app which may cause issues with the M11/Pro operating system. It also has the potential to corrupt your M11's OS and the SD card you might have installed. If you want to use Spotify as a music source, I'd suggest you keep using a smartphone and use a verified app from either Google play or from the Apple store (if you use an Apple phone). Get yourself a Radsone Earsonics ES100 dac/amp and you won't have to deal with these issues. If you really do want a dap, I would also rec some of the other daps from other brands, that were previously mentioned. Personally, I'm sticking with my S8+ smartphone, with a fast Android processor and Google support, plus an SD card slot for a 256mb card. I have a Fiio Q1MK2 dac/amp and the ES100 for driving my iems and they both work without issues.

Jan 16, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #939 of 1,931
Wireless charging the FiiO M11 PRO. It works :)
20200116_080024.jpg
20200116_080206.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #941 of 1,931
How's Spotify integration mate?

Spotify integration is fine. Keep in mind however that Spotify delivers maximum 320kbps at "Spotify Extreme" level .. Especially on higher end equipment, the difference between Spotify and the lossless streams from Tidal, Deezer, Amazon HD and (especially) Qobuz is quite audible .. I still have Spotify for my children's sake, but otherwise I would have ditched Spotify long ago. They are now just about (one of the) the last remaining streaming provider(s) not to offer lossless audio streams ..

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #942 of 1,931
How's Spotify integration mate?

Don't listen to that man my dude, He must be some kind of technology illiterate, Spotify & Tidal works perfectly on my M11PRO, hell even with the laggier brother M9, it still works fine. None of the "sketchy third party app" problems has ever happened to me.

20191229_180821.jpg 20191229_181914.jpg 20191229_223549.jpg

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #944 of 1,931
Yeah ok. I've found 320kbs to be ok, really. Been doing digital files for a good 18 years or so, the FLAC phase came and went. 320 good nuff for me these days.

Spotify might go lossless at some point. Probably.

And thanks mate. If they plug it surely it does ok, any issues just return the thing.

Other thought is use the phone and go a Mojo or whatever. But just be easier to have a separate device so I can browse my phone with no cables or BT connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back