FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jan 6, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #887 of 1,931
Hello!

Could i use this also for desktop like a laptop? Im thinking that the battery might take damage in the long run, though.

Im new in hifi.
I would be apreciative to hear what you think or if you have any tips.

Thanks!

you can, but it may have very very slight delay, i dont know about battery tho, i always use it in my desktop, not hot when using it

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #890 of 1,931
Is the M11 Pro powerfull enough for planars like the Audeze LCD2 and Sennheiser HD800s?

I use mine to power the 150ohm HD660s and I had to get to 110/120 in quieter songs/female vocal. So in that aspect, driving 300 ohm cans might be a little hard for M11pro.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #893 of 1,931
Do you connect the HD660s through a balanced connector or from a 3.5 connector?
the HD660s comes with two cables, one 6.3mm with 3.5 adaptor and one 4.4mm. Of course I will be using 4.4mm balanced on these. I'm not saying it sounds bad either, I hear details and dynamics similar to a desktop setup due to the AK4497chip and obviously THX amp. However, when pushing higher ohm cans, I'm sure you'll need to full volume it 100% of the time.

Attachments

• 20191229_223549.jpg
    20191229_223549.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #894 of 1,931
Hmm. Why building in thx when it can't handle Power hungry headphones. I need a Player which can handle all kinds of headphones expect the real hard to drive stuff like he6 or susvaras.
Regarding the high-impedance headphones and headphones sharpened for stationary equipment - I don’t see the point of listening to them with a portable sound source, this is, as for me, a perversion!:smile_phones:
Of the full-size headphones, I would consider something specially made for the portable, like the HD660s and similar models

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #896 of 1,931
There are some players which have enough power. The Kann or Kann cube for example.
well, in that case, you should go for the fiio q5s, much powerful, and I've heard they have a thx module coming. May be that's something more for your need. I like the m11pro for the portability and all in one factor.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #897 of 1,931
Hello,
Any news regarding MQA support in 3rd party apps? Especially the TIDAL? :)

Also small question - while in DAC USB mode - will MQA be fully x8 unfolded as well? (still waiting for mine so can't test yet)

Thanks!

Dear friend,

1. The MQA format on our DAPs will support Tidal soon after Chinese lunar Spring Festival.
2. Actually, M11Pro and M15 has already support MQA 2x on Tidal, and they will support MQA 8x on Tidal in the near future.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 11, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #898 of 1,931
I wanted to become the owner of the steel version, but that’s why I didn’t succeed:
I am very glad that in the official Fiio store on AliExpress M11Pro appeared on sale in the steel version, but the purchase of this product was not profitable for a resident of the Russian Federation, since now we have a duty on purchases from abroad in the amount of 200 euros, that's all which exceeds this amount is taxed at 15% of the value of the goods. In addition, delivery to the Russian Federation is carried out by only one DHL service and the cost of delivery is $ 179, that is, when ordering, the amount for the device including shipping, including tax, will be approximately $ 1,127.18
If the delivery was free, such as ePacket or AliExpress Standard Shipping, then I would close my eyes to the local tax and buy the device, but the delivery price is high for me.:pensive:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #899 of 1,931
I wanted to become the owner of the steel version, but that’s why I didn’t succeed:
I am very glad that in the official Fiio store on AliExpress M11Pro appeared on sale in the steel version, but the purchase of this product was not profitable for a resident of the Russian Federation, since now we have a duty on purchases from abroad in the amount of 200 euros, that's all which exceeds this amount is taxed at 15% of the value of the goods. In addition, delivery to the Russian Federation is carried out by only one DHL service and the cost of delivery is $ 179, that is, when ordering, the amount for the device including shipping, including tax, will be approximately $ 1,127.18
If the delivery was free, such as ePacket or AliExpress Standard Shipping, then I would close my eyes to the local tax and buy the device, but the delivery price is high for me.:pensive:
You are good, 15% is something super reasonable! In my country, the tax is 60% AND an extra fee for someone to “import” it... So, the regular M11 Pro with free shipping to my country would be 1190, add in some shipping and you are paying well over double the price hahaha

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #900 of 1,931
You are good, 15% is something super reasonable! In my country, the tax is 60% AND an extra fee for someone to “import” it... So, the regular M11 Pro with free shipping to my country would be 1190, add in some shipping and you are paying well over double the price hahaha
What a horror, a nightmare! Sympathize with you)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back