FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jul 18, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #1,876 of 1,931
I prefer the HyBy Music app on my M11Pro. I cannot say for sure it will solve your cover art issue, but the app can exist side-by-side on the M11Pro. No need to reload your FLAC files
I like the EQ functionality.
Thanks, maybe I’ll give this a try. At least until someone is able to help with the issue. I might try a couple other things first like adding with no artwork to see what happens. Wonder if the only way is just uninstall the Fiio app and reinstall.

Jul 18, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #1,877 of 1,931
Thanks, maybe I’ll give this a try. At least until someone is able to help with the issue. I might try a couple other things first like adding with no artwork to see what happens. Wonder if the only way is just uninstall the Fiio app and reinstall.
I am sure you will enjoy the HiBy Music app.

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #1,878 of 1,931
I asked this question once before and had no response...so I thought I would try again:

I'm perplexed by the idea of the "convert all to DSD function". Why would you want to upconvert a FLAC file or anything less than a native DSD file? Wouldn't this be the same as upconverting a 128KB mp3 lossy file to a lossless FLAC file? You will now have much larger FLAC file... but the sound quality would be no better than the original mp3 file. You can't produce more data from data that isn't there originally??? Why would you ever use this function if it increases heat and reduces battery life?

If this "All to DSD" actually offered an improvement, why not just convert all your files to the smallest possible mp3 or WMA format and then just let the "all to DSD" magically restore the lost content. Sure would increase your storage space!!!

All comments welcome! Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the music!

Jul 21, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #1,879 of 1,931
Dear friend,

When All to DSD is turned on, the various kinds of harmonic distortion in music are more uniformly distributed for a more comfortable and fatigue-free experience.
And due to individual preferences, you could try out by yourself. If you don't like this function, you could just turn it off.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #1,880 of 1,931
For those of you using a Fiio M11 Pro in the second half of 2022, and given all the firmware and software updates, how do you like it? I am considering getting a used M11 Pro as my first DAP.
Can you upgrade the version of Android on the M11 Pro to a newer version such as Android 10 or Android 11? And how is using Tidal, Qobuz, or Apple Music on it, especially with regards to offline playing of music?
Thanks.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #1,881 of 1,931
I still use my M11 Pro almost daily - i'm not a real analytical listener, I like to have minimal number of devices and hang out in my backyard listening to tunes and I love it! As far as I am aware, you cannot upgrade the Android OS on the unit though - the UI isn't quite as fast as a modern phone, but it works just fine IMO. I use Deeezer, YT music and my own extensive library run through the Fiio music app and i've rarely had any issues or complaints. IMO it works great as a standalone device for someone who doesn't need to be at the bleeding edge of whats new and hot. I think it powers my ZMF Eikons just fine, for my ears, gets plenty loud. I bought mine off ebay, lightly used (like maybe it was a store demo unit or something) for around $500 last year. I bought a leather case for it also on ebay (an Easecase A6 - I've been very happy with it). Prior to that I was listening off my Galaxy Note 9, so it was a big upgrade for me.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #1,882 of 1,931
For those of you using a Fiio M11 Pro in the second half of 2022, and given all the firmware and software updates, how do you like it? I am considering getting a used M11 Pro as my first DAP.
Can you upgrade the version of Android on the M11 Pro to a newer version such as Android 10 or Android 11? And how is using Tidal, Qobuz, or Apple Music on it, especially with regards to offline playing of music?
Thanks.

Apple Music does not work on the M11 Pro (or M11 and M15) due to an issue with the Exynos CPU which apparently can't be fixed. Tidal and Qobuz are fine though.

Edit: You can't upgrade Android either.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #1,883 of 1,931
Thanks.
I do not believe you can update the Android OS, however this will not become a problem unless Tidal stops supporting older Andriod versions like it did with iOS :frowning2:. This trashed my use of older iPhones as cheap streamers.

I enjoy Tidal on my M11 Pro.

With album downloads, you need to visit the album in your downloads every so often, so it is “refreshed” in your download collection. I do this before leaving home if I wnt to be sure the downloaded album is available outside WiFi.
on the other hand downloaded playlists do not seem to need this “refresh”. I find older downloaded playlists with no issues.

For uploaded FLAC files, I use HiBy Music app. The UI and EQ functionality works well for me.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,885 of 1,931
Does anyone know how to disable the scrolling lyrics in the Fiio Music player? Not really sure what happened but all of a sudden, on the now playing screen where it used to show just the album title, all it shows are scrolling lyrics, and I can't figure out how to change it back so that it just shows the album title again. Does anyone know? I imagine there's a way I just can't find it.

Sep 7, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #1,886 of 1,931
Does anyone know how to disable the scrolling lyrics in the Fiio Music player? Not really sure what happened but all of a sudden, on the now playing screen where it used to show just the album title, all it shows are scrolling lyrics, and I can't figure out how to change it back so that it just shows the album title again. Does anyone know? I imagine there's a way I just can't find it.

A couple times when songs in mine have had wrong lyrics, i've tapped the screen to pull up that lyric window where you can kind of choose the different ones - I just find one that is blank and it seems to reset it to no lyrics.

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #1,887 of 1,931
A couple times when songs in mine have had wrong lyrics, i've tapped the screen to pull up that lyric window where you can kind of choose the different ones - I just find one that is blank and it seems to reset it to no lyrics.
Good lord, FiiO, seriously.

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #1,888 of 1,931
I wanted to watch a downloaded Youtube TV show on a flight today. The app loads fine and all works well until you go to view the program. Then you just get the spinning wheel and the video never plays. Is this an android issue? Has anyone else used Youtube TV successfully? Thanks!

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #1,889 of 1,931
I wanted to watch a downloaded Youtube TV show on a flight today. The app loads fine and all works well until you go to view the program. Then you just get the spinning wheel and the video never plays. Is this an android issue? Has anyone else used Youtube TV successfully? Thanks!

I can't get Youtube TV to work on my M11 Pro either. In my case it can't seem to verify location for local playback. As best as I can tell "location services" aren't working on this device.

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #1,890 of 1,931
Gesture Controls Fixed :)

Swipe up (half way to show all open apps) stopped working for no apparent reason.
I have rebooted, and I have switched from bottom controls back to gesture controls. Only the left bottom control works.

FIXED:
Settings > General > Navigation Control > Gesture Control on.

then...

Accessibility > Gesture Control on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back