fiio m11 vs q5s vs q3
Oct 8, 2020 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

grooveriders

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, Im more of a fullsize guy but ocassionally I do prefer iem. My main portable device is the fiio btr5, great for portability but I was looking for something with better SQ. I mainly stream from Tidal on my Iphone (AAC bluetooth to btr5). If I only use bluetooth streaming which one would be the best pick for me ? And If I decided download songs onto the m11 will it sound better (noticeably) than the bluetooth streaming on q5s.
Also in my country, the q3 is about half the price (new) vs the second handed m11 and q5s, would it be a better value and would it be a great improvment from the btr5?
thanks guys

Oct 12, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 7
While I like my M11 I find it kinda blah. I think the technical term is neutral. Or dead below the waist, depending on your outlook. Plus, it's very chunky and the battery isn't that good for being so big and heavy. Not fun to carry around on a nice day. The UI is just okay. My advice is if you can get one for a great price fine, otherwise keep on looking.

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 7
While I like my M11 I find it kinda blah. I think the technical term is neutral. Or dead below the waist, depending on your outlook. Plus, it's very chunky and the battery isn't that good for being so big and heavy. Not fun to carry around on a nice day. The UI is just okay. My advice is if you can get one for a great price fine, otherwise keep on looking.
Thanks, thats what I heard about the m11, the only reason Im looking atit because I can get a secondhand for $220 and the 2.5+4.4mm output port. I have tried the cayin n3pro and I like it but it is almost twice the price. Considering I mostly listen to Fullsize can, Im not sure to throw alot into DAP just yet but I may change my mind. Thankyou for your opinion.

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 7
One thing to consider is that the q5s allows AAC bluetooth streaming and the m11 only does SBC for ios devices. I was kind of blindsided by that when I had my q5s stolen and thought to use my m11 as a replacement at the time. You can line in with the q5s but can't with the m11 as well. Two weird quirks of the m11 IMO.

If you plan to only stream from the m11, I don't think the sound difference will be noticeable. Especially if you use the m11 or iphone on the go. I rarely do critical listening unless I'm sitting on a plane or at someone's house when I go portable. You can however use the "all to dsd" feature that will upscale all audio.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 7
One thing to consider is that the q5s allows AAC bluetooth streaming and the m11 only does SBC for ios devices. I was kind of blindsided by that when I had my q5s stolen and thought to use my m11 as a replacement at the time. You can line in with the q5s but can't with the m11 as well. Two weird quirks of the m11 IMO.

If you plan to only stream from the m11, I don't think the sound difference will be noticeable. Especially if you use the m11 or iphone on the go. I rarely do critical listening unless I'm sitting on a plane or at someone's house when I go portable. You can however use the "all to dsd" feature that will upscale all audio.
Thanks for the reply ! I got the m11 about a week ago and was not dissapointed by it.

Oct 27, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 7
My review of the Q3 might help here, though I think the previous posters covered the main points.

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 7
Same option on the sound. way too neutral and dead sounding. I do like the features that it brings, including the double sd card lot. That being said i cant use it alone with my headphones and iems, i have to connect it to the mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back