Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Nov 6, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #620 of 839
Ok, I got the M11 Pro and I’m testing it with the fh7s and wow, this sounds pretty darn good!! I was worried about the fh7s some people found them fatiguing and I think they are far from that actually! And the M11 Pro is darn sexy player, I love it hope it works ok with no problems!

I like the "vocal" filters on the FH7 with the bass or vocal tips. Reference filters make the highs seem like they're sibilant at times but with the vocal filters you get all the details and no sibilance.

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #621 of 839
Ok, I got the M11 Pro and I’m testing it with the fh7s and wow, this sounds pretty darn good!! I was worried about the fh7s some people found them fatiguing and I think they are far from that actually! And the M11 Pro is darn sexy player, I love it hope it works ok with no problems!
Are you already started reading about other daps ?

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #622 of 839
Are you already started reading about other daps ?

Are you reading about every new dap coming out? Because your gear listed in your signature is kind of weak to be honest, doesn't even take up 3 lines on a 1080p browser. I heard that there's a $4k dap coming out that will be able to satisfy the most materialistic of audiophiles for more than 30 days and that no review copies would be released. So will you pull the trigger for us and let us know if we should sell our M11 Pro and kidneys to acquire it?

Thanks

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #624 of 839
Are you reading about every new dap coming out? Because your gear listed in your signature is kind of weak to be honest, doesn't even take up 3 lines on a 1080p browser. I heard that there's a $4k dap coming out that will be able to satisfy the most materialistic of audiophiles for more than 30 days and that no review copies would be released. So will you pull the trigger for us and let us know if we should sell our M11 Pro and kidneys to acquire it?

Thanks
I got too lazy to type what I bought. Think I spent 10,000 usd last month. Its an addiction.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #627 of 839
Despite the other misinformation you just got, going balanced on the M11 is considered much improved and NOT just because you get more power. The audio path is completely different and uses different op-amps inside the device. The balanced path uses two OPA926's which is some Fiio custom job. The single ended uses an OPA1642, so not the same amplifier. I make 4.4mm cables for all my headphones because I like the sound and I really haven't used the 3.5mm port to say if it is worse or similar. All I can tell you is the truth which is that it is not the same signal. You can see it in the block diagram here:

https://www.fiio.com/m11

I decided to bite the bullet and bought this balanced cable: https://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-premium-cable-for-focal-elear-headphones-v2.html

I am waiting for it to arrive. I really went overkill with my setup (Elegia and m11 pro), but I honestly love music so much that I think I can justify it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back