Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Aug 11, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #91 of 839
Tried the fiio M11 with the sony z5, and really liked how some of the instrumentals and voices were rendered. But somehow still felt it was a little fatiguing with the songs that tended to have more treble and louder/more dynamic range! Thankfully the m11 pro was launched as I was just about to pay for the m11. Really hope it will be cleaner, more musical and less fatiguing with the M11 pro!

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #92 of 839
Well to be fair if we're going by only those aspects you could argue that the M11 is an even better deal at near half the price
The m11 would compare to the upcoming r5. The r6 pro has a more powerful amp. It's more just not necessary for a number of people so the r5 would be a better choice. The r5 also has a better processor, for the same price, with the hiby system wide dta tech. So imo, fiio should either upgrade to a similar faster processor, or charge less for their products now that there is competition on the market.

Unless you want to argue that you as a customer should pay more for less which hey if you want to do charity for a corporation that's your choice.

You're welcome to like whatever product you like, I only argue in the consumer favor....

I'm saying the m11 pro should launch at a lower price, especially given what's on the market, what makes you against that?

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #93 of 839
The m11 would compare to the upcoming r5. The r6 pro has a more powerful amp. It's more just not necessary for a number of people so the r5 would be a better choice. The r5 also has a better processor, for the same price, with the hiby system wide dta tech. So imo, fiio should either upgrade to a similar faster processor, or charge less for their products now that there is competition on the market.

Unless you want to argue that you as a customer should pay more for less which hey if you want to do charity for a corporation that's your choice.

You're welcome to like whatever product you like, I only argue in the consumer favor....

I'm saying the m11 pro should launch at a lower price, especially given what's on the market, what makes you against that?
Well I'm not necessarily against you there, I was hoping the Pro would be $600, but Imo $700 still shouldn't be too bad, besides aren't we jumping the gun by comparing DAPs that aren't even released yet? And we aren't taking sound into account either, some may prefer the sound that FiiO has over Hiby's as well as vice versa

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #94 of 839
Aug 12, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #96 of 839
I'm a daily user of an R6 PRO, and I prefer the sound quality from M11 Pro than the R6 Pro; the non-Pro M11 sounds a bit dry IMO (No wonder some users pair M11 with a tube amp).

Despite having a slower CPU, the M11/Pro actually has a smoother interface and operations. You can easily tell the differences. After all, it is all down to execution, not specifications alone.

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #97 of 839
Despite having a slower CPU, the M11/Pro actually has a smoother interface and operations. You can easily tell the differences. After all, it is all down to execution, not specifications alone.
True, same idea applies to smartphones, if we're going by pure processor performance Apple's A12 is the best but some Androids are still more smoother with their OS

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #98 of 839
I'm a daily user of an R6 PRO, and I prefer the sound quality from M11 Pro than the R6 Pro; the non-Pro M11 sounds a bit dry IMO (No wonder some users pair M11 with a tube amp).

Ooh tts cool! Can you elaborate further how the m11pro n r6 pro differs in terms of sound? Thx!

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #99 of 839
At that price, I don't understand why you would go with this over the hiby R6 PRO. It's a more powerful amp, powerful cpu, both dacs on either product are stellar enough, there isn't a good reason to go with the m11 pro unless you think thx amp tech is magical although the r6 pro has more power.
$600 is the top most they should charge, and I think even that's too expensive.

Just my take, I'm not sold on all of the "magic" each manufacturers claim that the dac /amp /fairy pixie dust they use makes each product that unique. But a good processor, screen, amp power, special features, the obvious....
At that high of.a price I couldn't justify it given the r6 pro
The M11 Pro is all about THX. They should have called it M11 THX as that would be a more accurate moniker. If you’re not sold on THX technology then the M11 Pro isn’t for you, especially since the M11 is so good already (and competes very well with the HiBy R6 and R6 Pro). Sure the R6 Pro has more power, but it’s also got a very impractical output impedance of 10ohms, which makes it useless for sensitive IEMs without an add-on like IEMatch. At $700 most people will take M11 Pro over the R6 Pro and DX220, and it may even surpass the more expensive Cayin and AK DAPs in SQ with THX. Let’s wait and see if THX in DAP format is as good as they claim it to be...

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #100 of 839
The M11 Pro is all about THX. They should have called it M11 THX as that would be a more accurate moniker. If you’re not sold on THX technology then the M11 Pro isn’t for you, especially since the M11 is so good already (and competes very well with the HiBy R6 and R6 Pro). Sure the R6 Pro has more power, but it’s also got a very impractical output impedance of 10ohms, which makes it useless for sensitive IEMs without an add-on like IEMatch. At $700 most people will take M11 Pro over the R6 Pro and DX220, and it may even surpass the more expensive Cayin and AK DAPs in SQ with THX. Let’s wait and see if THX in DAP format is as good as they claim it to be...

This sums it up perfectly. I use my DAPs with IEMs 99% of the time, thus making the Hiby useless for me. If I used my DAPs with high impedance headphones the Hiby would be on my short list.
If this industry has proven one thing it's that there's no such thing as one size fits all.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #103 of 839

No, the R6 Pro output impedance is very low - from memory something like 0.28ohm. The previous R6 had the 10ohm OI.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #104 of 839
Aug 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #105 of 839
I own and owned both R6pro and m11 and I prefer the R6pro for audio, infact I sent the M11 back...
The dap itself is fantastic, excellent build, smooth ui compared to x7ii or previous fiio android and all the audio sockets you could need, but I found the audio a bit too bright, now I know the top end of the Hiby is a bit rolled off but I also have owned Dx200 with amp8 and x7 and x7ii and I still felt the M11 was a bit much on the top end, paired with neutral iems it was at times just too much..
But I am still going to give the pro version a go as If for my tastes the audio is a bit more to my liking it will be one killer device, and I reckon knock holes in most out there.... The Hiby R6 Pro is a great dap too though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back