[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jan 14, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #2,506 of 2,984
Hi folks.

I'm having an ongoing issue with the FiiO app on my FiiO M11 Plus. Both are using the latest firmware.

On many of the songs, when I play them it sounds like there's a slight fade in or a fraction of a second missing from the start of the song which is annoying. It doesn't happen when I use the Neutron, Onkyo or HiBy music apps. All songs play flawlessly using those.

For example, if I play the song Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles, the hard C of the first word is missing. If I hit the back arrow it'll play fine just not when first selecting it.

I have gapless playback enabled, don't have crossfade switched on and am using a SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card. I have posted about it on the FiiO forum and they asked me to email them a few FLAC files which I did but have had no response.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any idea of what might be causing it?

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #2,507 of 2,984
Hi is it possible to use apple music on fiio m11 plus?

Some user reporting they can't use apple music successfully on their m11 (not plus). They said because it's google/android is china version or something.

Thanks.

Just supporting what others have said.

I have a Fiio M11 Plus LTD and use Apple Music streaming with it nearly every day.

It works flawlessly and for my use case it works equally as well as Apple Music from an iPhone X, iPad Mini 6 or an older 2014 MacBook.

Jan 15, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #2,508 of 2,984
@FiiO - a feature request..

- Add a switch for the user to be able to select which output ports to use if multiple output ports are connected to a plug.

Right now the only way I can switch from say coax to Bal. LO is to unplug the coax so the software will auto switch to balanced port.

Besides the benefit of extending the ports' lifespan/longevity I think it is also useful if the user has the option to override this auto detection of ports for cases where the software fails to detect which port should it switch to (even it is the only port that is plugged with a jack) which has happened to me at least twice already within almost a year if owning the M11+. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #2,509 of 2,984
Just supporting what others have said.

I have a Fiio M11 Plus LTD and use Apple Music streaming with it nearly every day.

It works flawlessly and for my use case it works equally as well as Apple Music from an iPhone X, iPad Mini 6 or an older 2014 MacBook.

Agree but the FiiO does not support Atmos which you can get on Apple devices (and a few high-end Android phones). Lossless and high-resolution does work.

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #2,510 of 2,984
This is the mid-fi FiiO player to get, right? I'm confused about the existence of an M11 Plus II, just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. M15 is going to be supplanted by an M15S later this year if FiiO's predictions are any indication (was meant to happen last year and didn't), and the M17 is certainly a beast but is really stretching the definition of 'portable' which is what I'm in the market for. Any advice would be great :)

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #2,511 of 2,984
This is the mid-fi FiiO player to get, right? I'm confused about the existence of an M11 Plus II, just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. M15 is going to be supplanted by an M15S later this year if FiiO's predictions are any indication (was meant to happen last year and didn't), and the M17 is certainly a beast but is really stretching the definition of 'portable' which is what I'm in the market for. Any advice would be great :)
Yes, M15S would be in the next price bracket above.

M11 Plus LTD uses the the AKM chips, which was a limited run and now surpassed by M11 Plus ESS with (you guessed it right) ESS chips.

Jan 15, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #2,512 of 2,984
Fiio has released 3 M11 DAPs over the past year. M11Plus LTD (AKM Chips), M11Plus (ESS chips, the M11+ II in your link), and the M11S. The plus is a little bigger than the S version. It has a little better DAC chips and higher output amps from what I can figure out. I have the plus ESS and drive IEM's with it. Operates great. Sounds wonderful.

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #2,513 of 2,984
For the M11 Plus II:
Wait some days (the french will ship them next week) and you'll (perhaps) see it also in the Fiio shop.
The current M11 Plus is current in discount and for me (the new one seems to have the same hardware, but can handle DSD512 for plus 100 bucks) this is s great deal.

Jan 15, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #2,514 of 2,984
For the M11 Plus II:
Wait some days (the french will ship them next week) and you'll (perhaps) see it also in the Fiio shop.
The current M11 Plus is current in discount and for me (the new one seems to have the same hardware, but can handle DSD512 for plus 100 bucks) this is s great deal.
The s came out after I got the plus. I think you need to determine what you are going to drive. I am only IEM for portable. I only run the plus ESS on its lowest gain as it has that much output. If your only going to use easy to drive IEM's the s could be enough. If your throwing in some over the ear HP's, go plus.

Jan 16, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #2,515 of 2,984
@FiiO - a feature request..

- Add a switch for the user to be able to select which output ports to use if multiple output ports are connected to a plug.

Right now the only way I can switch from say coax to Bal. LO is to unplug the coax so the software will auto switch to balanced port.

Besides the benefit of extending the ports' lifespan/longevity I think it is also useful if the user has the option to override this auto detection of ports for cases where the software fails to detect which port should it switch to (even it is the only port that is plugged with a jack) which has happened to me at least twice already within almost a year if owning the M11+. Thanks!
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer for assessing about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 17, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #2,516 of 2,984
Hi folks.

I'm having an ongoing issue with the FiiO app on my FiiO M11 Plus. Both are using the latest firmware.

On many of the songs, when I play them it sounds like there's a slight fade in or a fraction of a second missing from the start of the song which is annoying. It doesn't happen when I use the Neutron, Onkyo or HiBy music apps. All songs play flawlessly using those.

For example, if I play the song Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles, the hard C of the first word is missing. If I hit the back arrow it'll play fine just not when first selecting it.

I have gapless playback enabled, don't have crossfade switched on and am using a SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card. I have posted about it on the FiiO forum and they asked me to email them a few FLAC files which I did but have had no response.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any idea of what might be causing it?
Weird... discovered tonight that if I plug in the KA1 all songs play perfectly well from the beginning. Same if I select the All To DSD option.

Got me baffled why this is happening.

Jan 18, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #2,517 of 2,984
Fiio 3.1.6 app update is live
https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202105071626425774349&tid=17

1. Updated multi-language translation;

2. Added controls for the K9, Q11 and FW5;

3. Added PEQ, codec display, and codec selection functions for the UTWS5;

4. Added support for DTS tracks;

5. Optimized the online update function;

6. Fixed the registration problem;

7. Fixed other bugs.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,518 of 2,984
Not available OTA it seems mines still reporting it’s on the latest version.

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #2,520 of 2,984
Can anyone check if the android accessibility setting for mono audio is in the settings options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back