[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Sep 3, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #994 of 2,984
Okay, I am back to Roon and the M11 Plus not talking. Basically getting "Audio device failed to open", which is the same I had before. I noticed Roon was converting the output back to 44K if the file was higher. I open the device under Roon / Settings / Audio and really did not make any changes. It seems the Roon interface is flakey with the M11 Plus as Roon has to find a working driver and this seems inconsistent since the M11 Plus is not Roon Ready.

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #995 of 2,984
What kind of music are you playing? Streaming or files stored on the device?
I've been listening to 24/192 flacs stored on the sd card for about an hour now, and it it's just slightly warm, barely noticeable.

Tidal masters for a couple of hours (in the leather case) with TFZ Galaxy T2s, medium gain. The M11+ takes the term "burn-in" literally.

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #996 of 2,984
While comparing the M11+ to the M11 with Tidal over bluetooth in my car, I noticed the bass is a little bit boomier with my original M11. Just a bit. Same song, same volume.

In it's defense, the M11 has been used for a longer time prior.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #997 of 2,984
Introduction to FiiO's Product Line and Update Plan in 2021--From James

Chapter 5 M11 Plus LTD, LTD for Real

For special situation this year, you can see many devices are tagged LTD. FiiO, for example, has Q5S TC, M11Plus LTD, K9Pro LTD, FDX LTD and so on. Of course, this tag has also exerted negative influence. Because the so-called limited edition does make the customers feel “being ripped off" sometimes, and it is usually used as a marketing tool after all.
However, the LTD tag on the M11 Plus is not marketing this time, it is indeed a limited supply caused by various factors such as the fire broke out in the Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM) and chips discontinuation. The aftermath of the fire occurred at AKM semiconductor plant has created supply chain interruptions for many products including AK4497, the chip that the M11 Plus used.
Therefore, in order to remind customers to purchase in time and distinguish it from the future version with different DAC, the currently on sale version is named M11Plus. It is a honor to say that M11 Plus LTD has become the last glory of the 4497 chip. Because FiiO gets 4497 more than 70% of the total amount that AKM produced, and we use all of it for M11 Plus.
At present, Thousands pieces of M11Plus have been sent and sold around the world, except for hundreds pieces among them still waiting to be put into production for the lack of display screens. Even so, we still bear the blame from distributors and consumers for failing to provide enough goods. So I sincerely hope you can understand our difficulties.
M11 Plus LTD can be considered as a re-design based on its successful predecessor M11 Pro with a new display screen and CPU model. Its operating experience is greatly improved while retaining the excellent sound quality of the M11 Pro. The main vision of M11 Plus LTD is to provide users with a good experience and excellent sound quality anytime and anywhere, as well as a portable music player capable of driving almost any earphones and most over-ear headphones. This device is aiming at those who think highly of both sound quality and portability.
We have started currently the research and development of M11 Plus that using ESS 9068AS DAC. And it is planned to be launched by the end of this year. So, if you are interested in the M11 Plus and prefer the sound of AKM, go and buy while the few amount available now.
For official introduction of M11 LTD, see: https://www.fiio.com/m11plusltd
The picture below shows the situation of chip supply in AKM downloaded from its official website. EOL refers to END OF LIFE, and the affected models of FiiO are also marked below.

M11Plus.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 5, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,000 of 2,984
I ordered it from a well-known french website. They say that they will be refilled in a 7-10 days time frame...I hope that it is true because even if sounds is good, using my iPhone is too distracting at work that is why I bought a dedicated DAP (I owned a Sony Walkman some years ago which I gave to my father), especially this M11 Plus which had Android 10 and all the features I want. Did you really shipped more units ? I also saw from another french website the "back in stock in september" information.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #1,001 of 2,984
Time to save those pennies for the new M11 plus with ESS 9068AS. :alien: :money_mouth:

Hopefully, with a premium bright daylight color screen this time. :nerd:
M11+ is okay,but I wouldn't save money for the ESS 9068AS version,get a mid range phone and dongle or a portable dac/amp to go with it, you'll make out better, Software game over at Fiio is not up to par for the prices you're paying and it's not just Fiio.

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #1,004 of 2,984
Hello @FiiO
i wish to report an issue : on Fiio music app
when i choose Settings
set Language field as Italian on the "i" present on some fields for example USB output to see more info the Language is spanish not italian
it doesn't happen if for example i choose English or French , i see the added info in the corrispettive language setted
BR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back