[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
May 19, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #2,026 of 2,991
Could be the different frequency response on android. Maybe worth a read:

https://www.soundguys.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-bluetooth-headphones-aac-20296/
They cite lack of processing power for bad SINAD readings. Their best readings on android are from a 2017 model - I can say with certainty that the M11 Plus smokes any of these processors.

Maybe my iPhone just needs a wipe and fresh install. Maybe it's the signal processing from the iPhone's H1 chip as the M11 Plus uses regular Bluetooth - perhaps with less interference of the signal?

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #2,027 of 2,991
They cite lack of processing power for bad SINAD readings. Their best readings on android are from a 2017 model - I can say with certainty that the M11 Plus smokes any of these processors.

Maybe my iPhone just needs a wipe and fresh install. Maybe it's the signal processing from the iPhone's H1 chip as the M11 Plus uses regular Bluetooth - perhaps with less interference of the signal?

Yeah, I've generally avoided AAC bluetooth on my Android devices because of these issues. It certainly makes sense that things have gotten better with time. I can't personally hear much above 12,000 Hz anyway... :wink:

I do think that people tend to over-rate the SD 660. While it's as good as it gets in the DAP market, it's still a 5 year old mid-grade processor. My LG V30 (again 5 years old) is noticeably faster.

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #2,028 of 2,991
I do think that people tend to over-rate the SD 660. While it's as good as it gets in the DAP market, it's still a 5 year old mid-grade processor. My LG V30 (again 5 years old) is noticeably faster.
Yes, it is. The smartphone must perform many other functions - the telephone part, messaging, calendar, GPS location, etc. Unfortunately, the M11+DEV processor is doing the same thing. Although there are no hardware components in the player, their functions remain in the firmware, and continue to load the player with unnecessary work. And unfortunately, Fiio does not want to deal with firmware more deeply - to remove all unnecessary but wasted components.

May 22, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #2,029 of 2,991
Sadly, will be returning my M11 ESS this week. Still not a word if and when USB DAC delay can be fixed. Rest is fine, but the DAC mode is very important for me and it is unusable with 0.3 sec delay.
I sold mine for the same reason, from my own testing it seems the M15 is the only Fiio that doesn’t have the delay, the M15 has a XMOS chip in it. Perhaps wait for the new M15s

May 23, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #2,030 of 2,991
What would be the best way to hook the M11 Plus LTD to the K9 Pro AKM……USB-C cable ?

It wouldn’t have to be one of those silly OTG cables would it ??

May 24, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #2,035 of 2,991
I haven't received the M11 Plus LTD yet.....should have it today. I didn't know it had Coax out on the M11.
Oops, my bad , I thought that it was the M17...
Sorry, in your case there is a coaxial output but via the 3.5mm socket.
So you can either use the USB output with a cable from USB type C to type B or a 3.5mm to RCA coaxial cable like FiiO L21.

May 24, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #2,036 of 2,991
Oops, my bad , I thought that it was the M17...
Sorry, in your case there is a coaxial output but via the 3.5mm socket.
So you can either use the USB output with a cable from USB type C to type B or a 3.5mm to RCA coaxial cable like FiiO L21.

The K9 Pro has USB-C input on the side.

So will USB-C from the M11 Plus to the K9 Pro work ?

May 24, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #2,038 of 2,991
Oh I thought that only the ESS version was with the USB type C input.
In this case the only thing you need is a good quality USB type C to C cable.

OK, because it's a FiiO to FiiO product......the cable doesn't have to be OTG ?

May 24, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #2,040 of 2,991
I asked myself this question - the FIIO M11 Plus has better or worse sound than the FIIO K9.

If it is worse, then connecting the M11 Plus to the K9 will significantly improve the sound quality?
Have you had the opportunity to compare the two devices in one listening session?
Of course, not being guided by the functionalities because they are two different devices - but so purely sonically which is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back