[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 5, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #8,791 of 9,288
I have the same issue with the volume wheel..! It just started 2 days ago and it's quite annoying, it just makes random jumps up and down.. What's the problem? I'm using my player just at home and my player didn't get any hit or other kind of mistreatment. Seems to be a quality issue. Unfortunately my warranty is expired..

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #8,792 of 9,288
So i think i came across a 'nice' reproducible bug with playlists :

If you have an invalid filename in a .m3u playlist (ie pointing to a non existing song), and you're listening in 'normal' mode, the player will briefly display 'file not found' and will jump to the next file in the playlist, which is fine.

Now if you're in random/shuffle mode (and still reaching a non existing song in your m3u playlist), the player will also display the 'file not found' message BUT it will then just stop playing without searching for another random playable song in the playlist. Moreover, if you manually switch to another song in the same playlist by yourself, at the end of the song, the player will again be stuck as it seems to always try to reach the previously-non-found song. And clicking the 'Next Song' icon or pressing the dedicated physical button will produce the same effect : displaying briefly 'file not found', but not switching to any another song, thus being stucked.

I must add that most of my playlists are manually built by myself outside of the player.

poke @FiiO

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #8,793 of 9,288
Still would love a way of leveraging the embedded lyrics in my 28,000 plus songs in the FiiO player to display in the same way as downloaded .lrc files.

Really don't want to download each songs lyrics when they are already potentially readable in the metadata by the player.

Reading the metadata also reduces the amount of needless files in the storage.

@FiiO any chance of this simple feature being added ? Other players read the metadata without issue and without the need to have an external .lrc text file ( eg. Poweramp )
We will recorded your feedback to the tech team for check first. Thanks.

Best regards

I second @Airsculpture 's request and just for the record @FiiO, you already replied it would be reported to the tech team 3 months ago here , just sayin :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #8,794 of 9,288
Like most here, I use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). Unfortunately, it does not work with multiple genre tags if that is important to you.
Looks good. I've tried so many since I bought this player and nothing has lived up to my expectations. Multi-genre isn't a deal breaker by any means, so I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #8,795 of 9,288
I've been noticing some performance issues when using the M11.
It seems that the CPU Scheduler (default interactive governor) is not boosting the CPU frequency much at all.
So if I'm browsing the web or reading news in Google etc, it becomes quite laggy.

Screenshot_20210308-184454.png

The screen shot shows the big CPU cores staying in the lowest state most of the time.

I've just started using tidal as well, and the performance can be quite bad when using the app.

I have root access on the device, so have the ability to adjust the governor tuning

Screenshot_20210308-185605.png

Is someone from Fiio, or someone with experience with tweaking these settings, please provide some guidance how the settings can be improved?

@FiiO

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #8,796 of 9,288
This is the normal behaviour of a M11. M7 -> M11 are designed for minimal overall performance and best battery performance. This includes the worst bluetooth performance of all three models. You can increase the overall performance with a rooted system. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #8,797 of 9,288
Whoops, Double post

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #8,798 of 9,288
I second @Airsculpture 's request and just for the record @FiiO, you already replied it would be reported to the tech team 3 months ago here , just sayin :wink:
We did report your feedback to the tech team:

1615345023874.png

But we could not promise whether the requirement will be added and when. The tech team need time to assess and arrange their schedule in different project.

Thanks for the understanding in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 11, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #8,801 of 9,288
Does the Tidal app on the M11 bypass Android re-sampling while streaming and offline?

Yes, if you have firmware 1.1.0 or later (will have full MQA support).

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #8,802 of 9,288
Like most here, I use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). Unfortunately, it does not work with multiple genre tags if that is important to you.
Do you know if there's a way to set the default library folder location? I've tried searching and haven't found the answer I'm looking for, though my Googling skills are pretty insufficient.

Edit: Is it possible to set the default file location and have the library auto update as files are added/removed?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #8,803 of 9,288
Do you know if there's a way to set the default library folder location? I've tried searching and haven't found the answer I'm looking for, though my Googling skills are pretty insufficient.

Edit: Is it possible to set the default file location and have the library auto update as files are added/removed?

Not that I'm aware of. You can choose which folders to scan from the "Library, three-dot-button, Scan, Manual" menu. I'm not sure that's what you are looking for?

Just saw your edit. Is autoscan not working? UAPP, right?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #8,804 of 9,288
Yes, if you have firmware 1.1.0 or later (will have full MQA support).
You need to turn off loudness normalization or you will have problems with the mqa fold.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #8,805 of 9,288
Not that I'm aware of. You can choose which folders to scan from the "Library, three-dot-button, Scan, Manual" menu. I'm not sure that's what you are looking for?

Just saw your edit. Is autoscan not working?
I've found how to add specific files, but was wondering if, instead of navigating to my sd card each time, I was able to have it automatically load up to my music folder.

I just saw the setting for auto scan on startup. I guess I was wondering if it can auto scan while it's open so if I delete something from the device on my computer, it would pick up the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back