[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 11, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #8,598 of 9,288
When you delete an album, and that album was used as the cover for that group's album list, even after rescanning that folder, it still uses the album artwork for the album which has been removed @FiiO
Dear friend,

I am afraid I failed to understand clearly. You have deleted the album files, but you could still read its album art in the 'Album' category after rescanning? Please try to reset the data base and scan again for check?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 11, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #8,599 of 9,288
@FiiO No.

1. Delete an album from the library and the device whose album art was used as the default album cover in the artist and/or album list view.
2. Even after rescanning the artist folder and rebooting, that old album cover is still used in the above places, even though the album no longer exists on the device. It seems it is kept in cache somewhere and not removed when the album is removed from the device and the library is rescanned.
3. Rescanning the whole library of 28,000 tracks on two 400GB cards is not really an option and not even sure that would work without resetting the database for the sake of an erroneous album cover.

Edit: I did in fact in the end rescan the whole database after resetting it and the album that isn't on the cards is still shown as the cover for the artist and album list.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #8,600 of 9,288
Hi

Still quite new to the M11 (and Android), I have got 2 SD cards in the player and in the directory for each card there are the following folders 'Android', 'Found.000', 'Lost Dir' and 'System Volume Information'. Is there any way I can hide / delete these folders, as I am not using them? Can someone explain what they are for anyway?!!

Thanks

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #8,602 of 9,288
FiiO music player app suddenly running extremely slowly. Launching takes 10 seconds, artwork loads at a trickle, selecting and item has a large delay in doing anything.

I've done a hard reboot several times, closing everything down first, but same results after booting up.

Thoughts ?

Edit: seems to be back to normal after it misbehaving. Will keep an eye on it over the next few days. Maybe the SD cards were not home true as I took them out after the last reboot and reseated them again.

2nd Edit: back to running like a slug

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #8,603 of 9,288
@FiiO I get this error now and then "Offline page could not be found : Press "retry" to download the missing offline page." When I try to play my album in offline mode and I have to turn on online mode and click on each album manually to fix this and it takes me 10minutes to click on all of the albums. Are there any fix to this?
sorry forgot that its in Tidal app and not fiio player sorry.

Dec 14, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #8,604 of 9,288
Good news on the SRC-bypass. Are their any Roon users here that can check if it's playing bit-perfect for FLAC and DSD? Might buy one if it does...

Dec 14, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #8,605 of 9,288
FiiO music player app suddenly running extremely slowly. Launching takes 10 seconds, artwork loads at a trickle, selecting and item has a large delay in doing anything.

I've done a hard reboot several times, closing everything down first, but same results after booting up.

Thoughts ?

Edit: seems to be back to normal after it misbehaving. Will keep an eye on it over the next few days. Maybe the SD cards were not home true as I took them out after the last reboot and reseated them again.

2nd Edit: back to running like a slug

Back to behaving itself over the last 36 hours. Let's hope it continues. Whether it was the cards not seated perfectly or the cold I'm not sure but it was odd behaviour with the slowness of the player. Held off reinstalling the firmware and the player software but that was my next port of call.

Dec 14, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #8,606 of 9,288
Back to behaving itself over the last 36 hours. Let's hope it continues. Whether it was the cards not seated perfectly or the cold I'm not sure but it was odd behaviour with the slowness of the player. Held off reinstalling the firmware and the player software but that was my next port of call.

Try to clear the data in the app settings:

> settings > apps > fiio music > storage > clear data (you won't lose your music files)

This should help

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #8,607 of 9,288
Try to clear the data in the app settings:

> settings > apps > fiio music > storage > clear data (you won't lose your music files)

This should help

Thanks HiFi47. Will try that if the issue rears its head again. I don't want to do anything too drastic as it takes so long to rescan to build the database again on the two 400GB SD cards.

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #8,608 of 9,288
Thanks HiFi47. Will try that if the issue rears its head again. I don't want to do anything too drastic as it takes so long to rescan to build the database again on the two 400GB SD cards.

DONT CLEAR DATA. IT WIPES EVERY THING INCLUDING PLAYLISTS.
IT DOESN'T WIPE THE MUSIC FILES, JUST THE ENTRIES IN FIIO APP.

Just tried it, as was going to scan music again due to reorganising music folders so was prepared to rescan.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #8,609 of 9,288
sorry forgot that its in Tidal app and not fiio player sorry.
I've had this issue since using Tidal, for no apparent reason it will show the message, you mention.
I did find that Playlists were still available.
The only solution is to restore your downloaded content in Settings, which takes a long time.
I got fed up so have saved all my music to a sd card and use Powerpamp.
I did persist with using the Tidal app, but I also had a problem where a track would play but there was no sound, that was the final straw !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back