[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Nov 29, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #8,566 of 9,288
I bought a similar one off e-bay - it was a fake - I got my money refunded though :)

I think the only companies legitimately making 1TB micro SD cards are SanDisk, Integral and Samsung (?). If you buy from the actual Amazon store you should be OK - Black Friday prices (in the UK) show they are available for about £190 - still too expensive for me...
Bought a SanDisk from Amazon. Was tempted by a second one but 1.5tb should be enough!

Nov 29, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #8,567 of 9,288
If you ear like that, it must true for you, though I feel a bit sad for if you can't enjoy Hires .. I have heard the same story with CD and LP in the 80s for a decade or two I never understood.

On my side, I hated all my scratched LP records and I never went back again to listen those, I hated CD with mostly a permanent background breath disturbing low volume music and black background between tracks.

And I love most of these last ten years mixing with deep clear powerful impacts in sub-bass between 15hz to 60hz (like I get with my speakers/sub) or crystal clear high frequencies totally whistling free.

It's so easy to ear the differences with appropriate hardware and qobuz between any recordings before more or less 2010 and than properly remastered after.
Steven Wilson is remarkable with making an amazing job with some old stuff (1970-2000) which could be even already remastered once or twice before these last ten years from like => Chicago, Gentle Giant, Hawkind, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Roxy Music, Rush, Simple minds, XTC, Yes ...
So If you don't ear any difference till now, go and compare those old stuff mixing in 320kps and actual mixing with 990Kbps, and you will probably understand why Hires is a huge improvement.
Luckily your hardware can be easily be tested with your own ears, assuming you have good headphones to move clearly between 10hz to 20Khz (even if you are limited like I am to more or less 15/16khz, easy to check too with Online Tone Generator - generate pure tones of any frequency (szynalski.com) ) ....

I love actual times, I would have really enjoyed en the70's that hires music and mixing were available !! I loved owned the first Sony's walkman and many portable players.. but I rediscovered music these last years (with WM1A/IER-Z1R/Z7M2) with remastered or totally new stuff !!

Remastered tracks definitely will have audible improvement, but it has nothing to do with music format. You can check as example Pip Milet - I like it like that track on spotify and against highest hi res file and PM me what differences can be heard, don’t want to go offtopic here :) I own a transparent and high tier iems/hp and my ears are decent, not the best but I can spot the difference using different DAP, that’s the reason i went for fiio M11 pro :)

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #8,568 of 9,288
Guys, sorry for resurrecting my question but hoping for some advice before the sale on Fiio M11 goes away :)

My current set up is Amazon Music HD and iPhone X (AAC) into bluetooth ANC headphones. I am wondering if FiiO M11 would bring tangible benefit in sound quality over bluetooth when used with Sony XM4 (LDAC), B&O H95 (Adaptive Aptx), Sennheiser Momentum 3 (Aptx HD)?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #8,569 of 9,288
Guys, sorry for resurrecting my question but hoping for some advice before the sale on Fiio M11 goes away :)

My current set up is Amazon Music HD and iPhone X (AAC) into bluetooth ANC headphones. I am wondering if FiiO M11 would bring tangible benefit in sound quality over bluetooth when used with Sony XM4 (LDAC), B&O H95 (Adaptive Aptx), Sennheiser Momentum 3 (Aptx HD)?

Thanks in advance!

Where are you using this? If on a train/plane/bus, the answer is probably not. Otherwise, organise an M11 trial to make sure you can get a good connection with AptXHD, etc.

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #8,570 of 9,288
Hi all

Had a quick search of the thread but could not find an answer,:

I've just bought a new M11 updated to the latest FW 1.1.0 (via 2 previous versions).

I just tried to play via my DAC/Amp, but could not get any sound out. I am using a USB C to A OTG cable which worked fine with the M3 Pro, but nothing with the M11...

I've had a look through the settings and have selected the ones that seem logical to me, but could someone let me know what I need to do to get this working?

Many thanks

@JamesFiiO
@FiiO

I have played with the settings and I can now get USB Audio to work for all file types except for DSD/DSF. When I try DSD/DSF fields I can hear the music very quietly (sometime - other times nothing at all) over a hissing sound. I don't know why this is not working, as I am using the exact same set up that I used with the M3 Pro which worked (except no gapless working) - USB C OTG adaptor into the M11, then connected to the USB lead into my DAC/Amp.

Could someone let me know what settings I need to be using / the order of commenting the M11 to the DAC/AMP starting the Fiio Music App etc?

Also, if I touch the volume button it 'returns' to 50, which means that the music playing is very low. I thought that USB output would be a fixed volume which would be controlled by the Amp?

Thanks

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #8,571 of 9,288
hi guys - how do I move my music from Android system to memory card? and is there a way of using memory card as default for adding music in the future? I am using the wifi transfer method at the moment, as a way of getting my files from my computer to the M11
cheers
Si

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #8,573 of 9,288
How have people been finding LDAC on their M11?

I just got a pair of Shure Aonic 50s so time to experiment! In normal mode mine's been pretty good - definitely a step up from AAC on my iPhone. Alas the sound priority mode (or whatever its called) proves to be a bit glitchy. When it works, its great, but shame it's not rock solid. Battery preservation is pretty damn good, I had read some positive feedback on this, but I was nevertheless surprised. Good option!

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #8,576 of 9,288
Dec 2, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #8,578 of 9,288
Finally tried the Neutron player, Trial version.

Not for me. Back to the stock player for 90% of useage and occasional Poweramp depending on my headphone/IEM useage.

Strange as it's a player which is not limited to android 44.1khz 16 bits but, I think, it's one of the few players able to use fully the M11 Hires Procs .. and can apply a fully functional PEQ even as DLNA renderer !!!
Unfortunately, UAPP can't do as much even if it can be a good Qobuz player whith PEQ applied.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #8,579 of 9,288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back