[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 21, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #8,072 of 9,288
The cutting-off of the beginnings of songs is starting to drive me nuts. This is unacceptable in a DAP in this price range (or any, really).

Can this be fixed in a future firmware update?
It happens to me too... every time I start a new album, I either have to hit play again for the song to actually start or it cuts off a couple of seconds in the beginning...

May 21, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #8,073 of 9,288
Curious. When does this happen? I haven’t run into it so want to avoid it. It would drive me nuts.

It happens to me too... every time I start a new album, I either have to hit play again for the song to actually start or it cuts off a couple of seconds in the beginning...

Same here. Every time I start a song from a different album, whether streaming Tidal with UAPP or playing FLAC with the Fiio app, it cuts off a second or two at the beginning.

(This is with M11 Pro.)

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #8,074 of 9,288
Same here. Every time I start a song from a different album, whether streaming Tidal with UAPP or playing FLAC with the Fiio app, it cuts off a second or two at the beginning.

(This is with M11 Pro.)
If happens on my M11 too. See my post #8037 regarding this issue.

May 22, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #8,075 of 9,288
Said it before that if a Chinese electronics item doesnt do everything you need when you open the box dont plan on it ever doing it.

It might, but in my experience usually not, no matter what the company PR droid says.

May 22, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #8,076 of 9,288
My M11 starts to stop playing at random times. Seems it crashes apps instead of just pausing my music. I’m using the latest firmware and listening Spotify and stock FiiO music app.
I have M9 and Spotify is pretty bad on it. Very sluggish and locks up if I try to do too many things on it. How does the M11 handle Spotify? I'm thinking of getting the M11 for off-line Spotify.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #8,077 of 9,288
I am not a spotify user but Qobuz, I imagine the M9 is more or less as limited with both providers.

I am a WM1A user first but for streaming music easily on the way (I use the Iphone connected to the WM1A), I bought the M9 last year, and I found it almost unusable, too small screen, slow, sluggish, Qobuz not really operational (almost impossible to record many playlists on the SD without failing), Neutron player getting down often when playing, impossible to install Bubbleupnp .. so I used the M9 these last month as a simple little DAC in my office connected to my computer... not expansive, but not functional too as any DAP should be.

So, because of that failure, I was obliged to buy a much more usable Hiby r6Pro .. a lot of very good qualities but it's out of subject here (I find it's a really recommendable DAP anyway) .

But, for two week I found on amazon a 400€ M11 and luckily after downloading the last firmware including Google Store, the M11 is fully functional as any DAP should work in my mind..
I bought the M11 just for the 2 x microSD cards available with is sufficient with 2x 1TB for all my DSD and flac files.

Qobuz is still limited to record a lot of playlists offline music (Android 7 limitation with 1Tb SD cards ?). But every thing else is fully functional as expected :
-> Neutron fully working with using the hires Chips including with the most complete PEQ and a very good dlna renderer (working with mconnect and my Iphone included DSD/Hires Flac),
-> Bubbleupnp with qobuz which is rendered with neutron and so the advanced PEQ fully available (only way to get a good EQ on music streaming).

So, for sure, I will keep the M11 and it will replace the R6pro, which in my office which will replace the M9 (almost useless).
I am also using a WM1A, as I liked the EQ function, but the lack of WIFI with upnp/dlna function made this DAP uncomfortable in 2020.

Concerning the sound on Qobuz or DSD files, without EQ .. I don't fell any noticeable difference between all my DAPs WM1A, M9, R6Pro and the M11. They are basically all very very good and all can be connected to my portable amps PA3S+ 4.4mm (2W) or Xduuo XD5+ (1W)
Those amps are necessary with my new headphone the German Heddphone and amps are sometimes interesting too with my Z7M2 or Ultrasone Ed15 Veritas.

Actually I would recommend the M11 as the only DAP available on the market fully functional with 2 micro SD slots for 2Tb of DSD/Flac files combined as good DLNA renderer to get an effective PEQ (via Neutron) for music streaming like QObuz.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #8,078 of 9,288
The cutting-off of the beginnings of songs is starting to drive me nuts. This is unacceptable in a DAP in this price range (or any, really).

If happens on my M11 too. See my post #8037 regarding this issue.

Any info about a fix for this, @FiiO?

Thanks.

May 23, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #8,079 of 9,288
I have an issue that after searching I cant solve. Hope someone here can. It involves Poweramp.

On my M11 using Poweramp when I push the Next Song Button the player advances one song, theres a beep, then the song playing mutes. I cant get it to unmute without unpluging the headphones and reconnecting them.
This only happens with Poweramp.

Ideas please?

Update. After talking to Alex at Poweramp the solution was to reset the output and direct volume control options. Bingo! That fixed it

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #8,080 of 9,288
I have M9 and Spotify is pretty bad on it. Very sluggish and locks up if I try to do too many things on it. How does the M11 handle Spotify? I'm thinking of getting the M11 for off-line Spotify.
M9's are significantly underpowered compared to an M11, so I think most things work a lot better on the M11.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #8,081 of 9,288

Does it happen with other apps?

May 24, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #8,083 of 9,288
I didn't understand exactly what is the issue (due to my poor english probably) ..
But I am using NeutronPlayer (player or dlna renderer), Bubbleupnp(player) and sometimes Fiio standalone player (Android mode or Direct) but all 4 buttons are working fine with all 3 players or renderers.
I am using the latest firmware available on Fiio support section which is M11 FW1.0.9 2020-03-27.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #8,084 of 9,288
No, it's ex-fat, and since the M11 is working for all the non-aac files on the card, there was no reason to suspect the card. The FiiO app sees the files, but if I click on one to play it it will say "file not found". Very strange.
Did you ever get this resolved. I've noticed this is happening for me twice now. I rescanned it the first time and everything worked but now it's occurring again. Haven't played it since I rescanned it the first time. All songs are compatible with the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back