[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 15, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #8,041 of 9,288
Mine does that as well.
I hope our M11s aren't defective and it's a software issue that can be addressed in a future firmware update.

May 15, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #8,043 of 9,288
If Fiio's past behaviour is a guide you'd better hope there are any firmware updates coming at all.

Yeah... That's one thing I've picked up on pretty-quick with FiiO - they primarily look forward to the next thing versus refining the previous through firmware patches, etc. If there hadn't been such an uproar about the lack of a Google Play store, I doubt they would have released the most recent patch for the M11 anyways. Or... they created the patch for the M15 and realized it could also be applied to the M11 and M11 Pro

May 15, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #8,044 of 9,288
Mine does that as well.
I hope our M11s aren't defective and it's a software issue that can be addressed in a future firmware update.

I believe this is a ‘feature’ where the DAC is switching between different bit/sampling rates.

mine does the same if changing from 16bit/44 and say 24/96 and visa versa

if there isnt a change, no click, hence why if you rewind there isn’t a click

May 15, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #8,045 of 9,288
I believe this is a ‘feature’ where the DAC is switching between different bit/sampling rates.

Thanks for the clarification.

May 15, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #8,046 of 9,288
Yeah... That's one thing I've picked up on pretty-quick with FiiO - they primarily look forward to the next thing versus refining the previous through firmware patches, etc. If there hadn't been such an uproar about the lack of a Google Play store, I doubt they would have released the most recent patch for the M11 anyways. Or... they created the patch for the M15 and realized it could also be applied to the M11 and M11 Pro
Nope someone else came up with the ability to put Google Play on the devices. You can look back on the post where someone translated it off a Russian website. Fiio just refined it and called it there own. So I guess we can hope the Russian hackers come up with firmware fixes.

May 18, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #8,048 of 9,288
Same Album Title different Album Artists

Have had the M11 a couple of months now and getting to grips with various aspects of the FiiO Music Player. Updated this weekend to latest firmware V 1.0.9.

I have structured my music by Artist folder >> Album Name folder >> Album track files. These are imported into the M11 and no problem in maintaining the Albums with the correct tracks, unless the Album has the same name.

The FiiO Music Player when scanning my M11 music library puts all the Albums under one collective database folder, e.g. "Greatest Hits".

The attached image shows the "Greatest Hits" album with 66 tracks - this is a combination of various "Greatest Hits" albums from 4 different artists.

Why can't the FiiO Music Player v 1.1.9 differentiate between the different albums. All track information has been inserted into the ALAC / FLAC files. The "USB Audio Player Pro" with the same music files on the M11 can differentiate the albums with no problem - see screenshot below.

I could change all of my 20+ "Greatest Hits" albums to unique names but the artist metadata is in the tracks so I would expect the FiiO player to work this out.

@FiiO: Do you have a fix for this without changing the Album tag contents?

FiiO Player:

M11 Greatest HIts Albums lo.jpg

UAPP:

UAPP_GreatestHits.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #8,050 of 9,288
I had a similar issue in the Onkyo app I use over the Fiio app on my M9.

I would have multiple artists with album titles the exact same and when I would go in to the folder of one artist, another artists' songs from their greatest hits albums were mixed in there, but only some of the songs, not all. I reviewed tags via MP3 tag and they were all correct, so not sure what was happening, but I did "re-do" and save them via mp3tag to be sure I was doing what I could.

Media Monkey did not do that with the same files, so it was app specific, but I can't weigh in on the Fiio app since I disabled and dont use it.

After removing my music library and re-loading a lot of the same stuff, the issues seemed to solve itself *knocks wood*

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #8,051 of 9,288
When using the 3.5mm phone output on my M11:
*With every playback I notice a slight click just a split-second before, or simultaneously, as music begins playing. Most times I "rewind" back to the start of the first track to hear the beginning of the music without this click.

Along with this behavior, occasionally the player won't output sound at the precise start of the track, rather just a split second after the track begins.

**However, the player does not exhibit this click when using the 2.5mm balanced output. (Unfortunately, my favorite earphones are unbalanced.)

Info/settings:
Beta FW: M11-ota-2020041802. zip
FiiO Music App version: 1.2.0 AND/OR UAPP version 5.5.6
Local Music Library: FLACs (44.1kHz/16 bit) Size = 9954
Pure Music mode or Android mode
WiFi/Bluetooth OFF
Gapless ON
EQ OFF
Slow Roll Off filter
(no DSD / no streaming)
SD Cards: Samsung Evo "Select" 256 GB / both slot 1 and 2 / both approx 50% full

Any technical advice/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

My M11P does this, too.

That makes sense. It is kind of annoying, though. I’m always pressing back to hear the start of the song properly.

May 19, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #8,052 of 9,288
Same Album Title different Album Artists

Have had the M11 a couple of months now and getting to grips with various aspects of the FiiO Music Player. Updated this weekend to latest firmware V 1.0.9.

I have structured my music by Artist folder >> Album Name folder >> Album track files. These are imported into the M11 and no problem in maintaining the Albums with the correct tracks, unless the Album has the same name.

The FiiO Music Player when scanning my M11 music library puts all the Albums under one collective database folder, e.g. "Greatest Hits".

The attached image shows the "Greatest Hits" album with 66 tracks - this is a combination of various "Greatest Hits" albums from 4 different artists.

Why can't the FiiO Music Player v 1.1.9 differentiate between the different albums. All track information has been inserted into the ALAC / FLAC files. The "USB Audio Player Pro" with the same music files on the M11 can differentiate the albums with no problem - see screenshot below.

I could change all of my 20+ "Greatest Hits" albums to unique names but the artist metadata is in the tracks so I would expect the FiiO player to work this out.

@FiiO: Do you have a fix for this without changing the Album tag contents?

FiiO Player:

M11 Greatest HIts Albums lo.jpg

UAPP:

UAPP_GreatestHits.jpg
Hi,

Did you try to switch the artist list display to album artist and update the media libarary again for check?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 19, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #8,053 of 9,288
Hi,

Did you try to switch the artist list display to album artist and update the media libarary again for check?

Best regards
@FiiO I have just done this again to be 100% sure.
So did, "Reset Database" >> "Artist List Display" set to "Artist" >> Scan for Music and no change - as per previous screen shot. 66 songs under Greatest Hits.
And did, "Reset Database" >> "Artist List Display" set to "Album Artist" >> Scan for Music and no change - as per previous screen shot. 66 songs under Greatest Hits.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #8,054 of 9,288
My M11P does this, too.

That makes sense. It is kind of annoying, though. I’m always pressing back to hear the start of the song properly.
Yes, that click would only have to appear 3-5 seconds before the music track starts for it to be a non-issue for me. *Maybe* it can be addressed in a future firmware update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back