[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 30, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #7,981 of 9,288
Can anybody tell me what’s the best sounding way to connect the M11 digital way, to a Burson DAC/amp playmate?
I want the Burson to get the best out the M11.
Maybe I’ll use the Burson as DAC only and connect them to the Violectric 280.
Or is there a better way to get the best sound?

Apr 30, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #7,982 of 9,288
Unlike the fiio q5s. I don't believe the m11 has the fiber optical out(correct me if I'm wrong) and only does normal 3.5 line out or coaxial. You could do a coaxial to rca and try the fancy niche cables that are for sale. Having some expensive xlr, rca, usb and fiber optic cables from audio quest I don't honestly notice a difference sound wise from some amazon branded cables.

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #7,983 of 9,288
I hate to ask such a totally noob question, but can anyone explain widgets to me? I see this is a feature of the new firmware, but not being an Android person I don't see how to install or use them, When I long press on the screen the widget menu is there and I follow the directions to tab and hold, etc. But even dropping it on an empty screen I get "No more room on this Home page." What am I missing?

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #7,984 of 9,288
With the Google Play update I am now able to install Apple Music, but I am not able to sign in to my iTunes account...it keeps kicking me back to the sign in. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #7,985 of 9,288
I am one of the happy user. I don't use BT because for me it's pointless.
Every modern smartphone is capable of LDAC so you can put a 512 Gb Sd on it and avoid paying 700 $ Dap.
but once again, that's just my point of view.
I am also happy other than this particular issue. There are lots of pros to these devices and I am very happy with wired performance. My samsung phone only accepts up to a 128gb sd card which is just way too small, but I do use them with my phone (using plex server since my phone can't take a decent SD size), but this is sort of just saying not to use the product as they've advertised, since it's not capable of going loud enough to satisfy some users.

You are right though, my phone and any other BT devices in my house are all better options, since they make all these same BT headphones go loud enough unlike the fiio.

Apr 30, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #7,988 of 9,288
I definitely agree with you there, its a hot and cold experience, not the worst, not the best. I have read through all these Fiio M line DAP threads and in general they're pretty silent on a lot of things. Sometimes they engage once with someone then stop, like they did with me in this thread, or they completely ignore forum tagging like the M9 thread at this point.

My opinion is that if its something they cant fix via firmware, dont stay silent or antagonize people with the same old suggestions only to ghost them after, just say they looked in to it and that it cant be done.

I inquired via email and only an exchange with the vendor that already declined me for being out of the 14 day return period was discussed, at no point have they acknowledged that it appears to actually be a fairly well known issue with their product line.

It has not ruined my enjoyment, like yourself with the screen issue, but I definitely prefer the bend over backwards or at least fully engage and admit defeat customer service strategy over making the same old suggestions as if its not a product issue and then disappearing, only to re-appear and acknowledge other peoples comments.

I just want people to know and be aware before buying, so I have brought it up periodically to avoid it being swept under the rug. I bought one in large part to listen to BT headphones and before that separate volume boosting app was suggested by a user here, Id given up hope. I'd still like to see that they at least inquired with their tech team to see if anything can be done via firmware for their M line.

I understand some users saying its fine for them, different strokes and all, but the fact its dwarfed rather significantly by every other device Ive tried and even my wife was surprised by its BT volume ceiling, tells me there's something to it.

Loudness has a big effect too. Modern mp3's with cranked loudness arent as much of an issue, its all that other stuff below 95db or so that is a major problem.
For my part I've been trying to contact Fiio about a hiss issue my M11 developed out of the blue. No response from them after multiple e-mails. It is really frustrating.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #7,990 of 9,288
With the Google Play update I am now able to install Apple Music, but I am not able to sign in to my iTunes account...it keeps kicking me back to the sign in. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Do you have two step authentication set on your Apple ID account ?

If yes, then the best way is attempt a log in, it will fail and send a code to one of your Apple devices, add the code number on the end of your Apple ID password to log in.

You do have to be quick as there is a time limit of a couple of minutes I believe.

Have to do similar with older Apple devices like old Apple TVs

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #7,992 of 9,288
For my part I've been trying to contact Fiio about a hiss issue my M11 developed out of the blue. No response from them after multiple e-mails. It is really frustrating.

Is that an issue with the device??
I thought it was just my more sensitive IEMs and that, maybe, I hadn't noticed it before. I'll have to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #7,993 of 9,288
If the hiss is crazy noticeable then its the device. If you have super sensitive iems the noise floor will be more noticeable and more so balanced.Try some average iems or whatever came with your phone if it has a headphone jack and if there is hiss then more than likely its the device and there is a problem. Outside of the campfire stuff I've tried and my m5-5d iems I have yet to hear the noise floor on normal iems even balanced.

Apr 30, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #7,995 of 9,288
Make sure that you aren't charging while listening to it. Mine have those during charging, other time is perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back