[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 1, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #7,996 of 9,288
Make sure that you aren't charging while listening to it. Mine have those during charging, other time is perfect
The hiss is coming out of the right channel and it is clearly heard from all outputs (ballanced/ unballanced). It is there when not charging and regardless of the set gain value. It is also heard using various iems. Seems like a device issue.
My problem is : WHY DOES FIIO NOT RESPONDING?

May 1, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #7,997 of 9,288
Anyone had much joy using the FiiO app to control their M11 remotely on iOS ?

Installed and added the http address on wifi but it doesn’t find all the tracks and playlists on the M11 and is flaky at best

The FiiO BT controller app would be so much better but currently does not recognize the M11 as it is not supported which is crazy

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #7,998 of 9,288
For my part I've been trying to contact Fiio about a hiss issue my M11 developed out of the blue. No response from them after multiple e-mails. It is really frustrating.
Ya the ghosting on inquiries can get really annoying from any company.

I know my response came in about 3-4 weeks after I sent in my email, possibly due to the covid situation, so maybe you'll get a response still.

May 3, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #7,999 of 9,288
I'm trying to use a Fiio M6 with a Chord Mojo to play DSD64 files via the DoP function, using a usb c to micro b cable, but not the Fiio Cable in particular, and I'm getting a lot of buffering type dropouts. When the music is playing it sounds excellent. Anyone know why I'm getting the buffering droupouts? Thanks for any help.

May 3, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #8,000 of 9,288
I'm trying to use a Fiio M6 with a Chord Mojo to play DSD64 files via the DoP function, using a usb c to micro b cable, but not the Fiio Cable in particular, and I'm getting a lot of buffering type dropouts. When the music is playing it sounds excellent. Anyone know why I'm getting the buffering droupouts? Thanks for any help.

Just an FYI this is a M11 thread.

May 4, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #8,001 of 9,288
Hi! Did anyone enjoying Viper4androidFx?
Anyone know how to install audio bit rate and sample rate info on notification bar on top of the screen?

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #8,003 of 9,288
The hiss is coming out of the right channel and it is clearly heard from all outputs (ballanced/ unballanced). It is there when not charging and regardless of the set gain value. It is also heard using various iems. Seems like a device issue.
My problem is : WHY DOES FIIO NOT RESPONDING?
Hi,

We checked our email system and we have replied you few days ago. Please check whether the email was marked as spam by your email system?

Did you try the factory restore to see if it helps as well?

And if the seller fails to help, please send the receipt to us as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 5, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #8,005 of 9,288
Hi,

We checked our email system and we have replied you few days ago. Please check whether the email was marked as spam by your email system?

Did you try the factory restore to see if it helps as well?

And if the seller fails to help, please send the receipt to us as well.

Best regards
Indeed someone did reply from sunny@fiio.net.
He is sending the details to technical support. Hopefully they will respond soon.
Thank you.

May 6, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #8,006 of 9,288
RE: M11 Battery Life w/ Build 1.0.9 / ota-2020041802

Hello.
I installed the above beta FW for the M11 a week or so ago. It seems to me that the battery drains more quickly with this version. This is strictly my anecdotal observation over various listening sessions, nothing scientific. I haven't changed any settings in the FiiO music app or the player itself. My listening habits are the same: FLAC music files, WiFi & BlueTooth off/ no streaming/ Google PlayStore uninstalled/screen brightness to about 15%/ screen timeout=1 min.)

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any change in battery performance? (It could very well be my imagination...and I realize it's beta FW and that I can revert to the older official version...)

Also, is there a preferred time to charge the DAP: at what battery % is the best to maintain the overall life of the battery?
Thanks!

May 6, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #8,007 of 9,288
RE: M11 Battery Life w/ Build 1.0.9 / ota-2020041802

Hello.
I installed the above beta FW for the M11 a week or so ago. It seems to me that the battery drains more quickly with this version. This is strictly my anecdotal observation over various listening sessions, nothing scientific. I haven't changed any settings in the FiiO music app or the player itself. My listening habits are the same: FLAC music files, WiFi & BlueTooth off/ no streaming/ Google PlayStore uninstalled/screen brightness to about 15%/ screen timeout=1 min.)

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any change in battery performance? (It could very well be my imagination...and I realize it's beta FW and that I can revert to the older official version...)

Also, is there a preferred time to charge the DAP: at what battery % is the best to maintain the overall life of the battery?
Thanks!
Make sure to allow all permissions for the playstore via the apps in settings. They are denied by default and this causes issues.

May 6, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #8,008 of 9,288
Make sure to allow all permissions for the playstore via the apps in settings. They are denied by default and this causes issues.
Thanks, corgifall.
I strictly use the M11 with the FiiO Music app to listen to music. After I updated to this FW, I uninstalled Google PlayStore, not seeing a need for it. And although I can remove Google Play Services, after a reboot it reappears, so that must be an essential component of the DAP.
Are there other permissions that should be allowed?

[As an example: I've been listening to music (44.1kHz/16bit FLACs) just now for about 50 minutes and the battery has gone from fully charged to 91%. No screen use other than initial start up.]

Also-
Earphones: Etymotic Research ER4SR
Phone input: 3.5mm
Gain: Low
Volume average: @70 (for this particular album)
EQ: None

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #8,009 of 9,288
If I remember correctly, google services was the other big one that needed to have all permissions allowed. I know there was an issue with play store and I'm pretty sure the google services sucking up battery because of the denied permissions. I use poweramp and upscale to the max and post permission issue fix I can get around 7-9 hours via balanced before the m11 starts getting angry at me over the battery.

May 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #8,010 of 9,288
If I remember correctly, google services was the other big one that needed to have all permissions allowed. I know there was an issue with play store and I'm pretty sure the google services sucking up battery because of the denied permissions. I use poweramp and upscale to the max and post permission issue fix I can get around 7-9 hours via balanced before the m11 starts getting angry at me over the battery.
Thanks again corgifall. I allowed all permissions to Google Play Services and am listening from 100% again to see if battery improves at all.

Edit/Update: Again, just an informal "test" but listening for the same length of time as earlier the M11's battery use "improved" by 2%.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back