[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 29, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #7,966 of 9,288
Make sure that you turn up the volume on the wireless headset themselves. The option just enables you to manually adjust the wireless headsets volume on top of being able to then adjust the volume from the dap as well. If you already did that then bummer :frowning2:

I wasn’t connecting to headphones. As stated I was connecting to my Marantz 6012, but will have to go back to plugging it in with a digital cable spdif

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #7,968 of 9,288
Hi, Yes all my files appeared & I have a lot of them, 22251! I have plugged in my M11 & selected USB for file transfer. I left it for 10 mins & nothing appeared until I selected DAC Mode. As soon as I exited all the drives & files showed! Weird it's is if turning DAC on & then Exit does exactly what selecting USB File Transfer should do. Weirdly doing this also works even if USB is set to charge only????:thinking: It has been like this since day 1 which was last week. I am running the latest F/W 1.0.9

Apr 29, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #7,969 of 9,288
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #7,970 of 9,288
Ya Ive tried those dev options and ensured the headsets are cranked up to max as well.

Those are the typical suggestions unfortunately.

My opinion is that there is no fix other than using a separate volume boosting app or a firmware fix if that's at all possible.

Fiio's silence on this issue has been disappointing imo.

It is disappointing. I haven't been long acquainted with FiiO, but I do like their products. I noted earlier in the thread my frustration with some screen defects on both the FiiO M11 Pro (returned) and FiiO M11. I decided to just keep it because it's not something that interferes with my ability to use the M11 (its what I would describe as a ghost rectangle that hovers in the middle of the screen). Plus, its gotten better to where I only notice it on certain colored backgrounds. I also the BTR5 which I love and a cable for IEMs from FiiO.

All of that to say, I like FiiO products but their customer service is like a broken record at times. Usually, its silence, but then when they do reply its "We're sorry" (which is appreciated) and "Would you like to exchange it?" I'm not a big fan of having to play the exchange game on products, especially on minor defects.

I don't know, I've had outrageously good experiences with customer service at other tech companies and they put FiiO to shame. I've had companies, with major defects, go "We'll send you a new one" and they let me keep the old one - I mean, its basically garbage because of the defect, but at least I don't have to go through the hassle of returning it, waiting for them to receive it, and then send me a new one. Even for minor defects or frustrations, like this screen defect would be, they've given me the option to either a) send it back to be fixed/replaced (which FiiO does), or b) keep it and receive some sort of incentive (which FiiO does not). Granted some of these companies aren't purely audio related. Like Garmin, I had an issue with the stock-band not fitting right (it was too small) and they sent me a free one ($60) no questions asked. Drop.com - my HD6XXs were delayed with everything going on. I reached out to customer service to see what was going on - wasn't upset or anything, just wanted to graciously make sure they didn't get lost. They sent me a free pair of their Stride earbuds. I'm not the type to go off on customer service to get what I want, but I also notice when customer service does a good or bad job.

Maybe I'm being entitled or expect too much, but (again) with something like my screen defect on the M11 Pro (which I sent back and got the M11 instead) and then the slightly better but still noticeable defect on the M11, I don't want to have to keep sending the product back and forth in the chance that this one might not have a defect. In that case, if FiiO was like, "Hey, we realize you paid a lot of money for this, would you rather send it back and get a new one or would you like ____ on us (a free cable, case, BTR3, whatever - something that probably costs them close to nothing to manufacture)?" If FiiO had done that instead of giving me the cold shoulder and then eventually replying with a boiler plate response, I'd be singing their praises right now.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #7,971 of 9,288
It is disappointing. I haven't been long acquainted with FiiO, but I do like their products. I noted earlier in the thread my frustration with some screen defects on both the FiiO M11 Pro (returned) and FiiO M11. I decided to just keep it because it's not something that interferes with my ability to use the M11 (its what I would describe as a ghost rectangle that hovers in the middle of the screen). Plus, its gotten better to where I only notice it on certain colored backgrounds. I also the BTR5 which I love and a cable for IEMs from FiiO.

All of that to say, I like FiiO products but their customer service is like a broken record at times. Usually, its silence, but then when they do reply its "We're sorry" (which is appreciated) and "Would you like to exchange it?" I'm not a big fan of having to play the exchange game on products, especially on minor defects.

I don't know, I've had outrageously good experiences with customer service at other tech companies and they put FiiO to shame. I've had companies, with major defects, go "We'll send you a new one" and they let me keep the old one - I mean, its basically garbage because of the defect, but at least I don't have to go through the hassle of returning it, waiting for them to receive it, and then send me a new one. Even for minor defects or frustrations, like this screen defect would be, they've given me the option to either a) send it back to be fixed/replaced (which FiiO does), or b) keep it and receive some sort of incentive (which FiiO does not). Granted some of these companies aren't purely audio related. Like Garmin, I had an issue with the stock-band not fitting right (it was too small) and they sent me a free one ($60) no questions asked. Drop.com - my HD6XXs were delayed with everything going on. I reached out to customer service to see what was going on - wasn't upset or anything, just wanted to graciously make sure they didn't get lost. They sent me a free pair of their Stride earbuds. I'm not the type to go off on customer service to get what I want, but I also notice when customer service does a good or bad job.

Maybe I'm being entitled or expect too much, but (again) with something like my screen defect on the M11 Pro (which I sent back and got the M11 instead) and then the slightly better but still noticeable defect on the M11, I don't want to have to keep sending the product back and forth in the chance that this one might not have a defect. In that case, if FiiO was like, "Hey, we realize you paid a lot of money for this, would you rather send it back and get a new one or would you like ____ on us (a free cable, case, BTR3, whatever - something that probably costs them close to nothing to manufacture)?" If FiiO had done that instead of giving me the cold shoulder and then eventually replying with a boiler plate response, I'd be singing their praises right now.
I definitely agree with you there, its a hot and cold experience, not the worst, not the best. I have read through all these Fiio M line DAP threads and in general they're pretty silent on a lot of things. Sometimes they engage once with someone then stop, like they did with me in this thread, or they completely ignore forum tagging like the M9 thread at this point.

My opinion is that if its something they cant fix via firmware, dont stay silent or antagonize people with the same old suggestions only to ghost them after, just say they looked in to it and that it cant be done.

I inquired via email and only an exchange with the vendor that already declined me for being out of the 14 day return period was discussed, at no point have they acknowledged that it appears to actually be a fairly well known issue with their product line.

It has not ruined my enjoyment, like yourself with the screen issue, but I definitely prefer the bend over backwards or at least fully engage and admit defeat customer service strategy over making the same old suggestions as if its not a product issue and then disappearing, only to re-appear and acknowledge other peoples comments.

I just want people to know and be aware before buying, so I have brought it up periodically to avoid it being swept under the rug. I bought one in large part to listen to BT headphones and before that separate volume boosting app was suggested by a user here, Id given up hope. I'd still like to see that they at least inquired with their tech team to see if anything can be done via firmware for their M line.

I understand some users saying its fine for them, different strokes and all, but the fact its dwarfed rather significantly by every other device Ive tried and even my wife was surprised by its BT volume ceiling, tells me there's something to it.

Loudness has a big effect too. Modern mp3's with cranked loudness arent as much of an issue, its all that other stuff below 95db or so that is a major problem.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #7,975 of 9,288
How to see full album names when browsing in fiio music app when there are too many characters to fit the screen? There's no scroll action.

AFAIK, the only (unfortunately not-very-practical) way of achieving this is by entering the album and select 'Check Track Info' through the 3 dots menu at the right of each song.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #7,976 of 9,288
I understand some users saying its fine for them, different strokes and all, but the fact its dwarfed rather significantly by every other device Ive tried and even my wife was surprised by its BT volume ceiling, tells me there's something to it.

Loudness has a big effect too. Modern mp3's with cranked loudness arent as much of an issue, its all that other stuff below 95db or so that is a major problem.
I am one of the happy user. I don't use BT because for me it's pointless.
Every modern smartphone is capable of LDAC so you can put a 512 Gb Sd on it and avoid paying 700 $ Dap.
but once again, that's just my point of view.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #7,977 of 9,288
Hi, Yes all my files appeared & I have a lot of them, 22251! I have plugged in my M11 & selected USB for file transfer. I left it for 10 mins & nothing appeared until I selected DAC Mode. As soon as I exited all the drives & files showed! Weird it's is if turning DAC on & then Exit does exactly what selecting USB File Transfer should do. Weirdly doing this also works even if USB is set to charge only????:thinking: It has been like this since day 1 which was last week. I am running the latest F/W 1.0.9

Apr 30, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #7,979 of 9,288
I decided to just keep it because it's not something that interferes with my ability to use the M11 (its what I would describe as a ghost rectangle that hovers in the middle of the screen).
The same happened to me and I decided to keep it anyway. I just gave my on line retailer a 4 stars instead of a 5 because of the screen halo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back