[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #7,111 of 9,288
You cant go from single ended to balanced, you can only go the other way around...

Question for the people that have the Fiio FH7, do they hiss with the M11 or M11 Pro??
M11 with FH7, no hiss at all on high or low gain.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #7,112 of 9,288
Hey M11'ers. I'm using Tidal a lot, and I want to share some of the tracks I listen to. But ... how do I share to something that will get my choices off the M11 and out to friends? I'm most interested in a social-networking-neutral approach, i.e. I don't want to share with people on facebook, so I'm looking for general tips, not vendor-specific tips, if such a thing is possible.

It'd probably be easier if Tidal worked on my PC, but it never plays in my browser, claims it has connectivity issues, have to say Tidal is pretty f*cked in the browser on Linux, as my M11 is using the same internet connection juuuuust fine.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe there was some popular android approach to sharing information like this to get it out of the M11 and to remote destinations, whether it's my FiiO music player, Tidal, Qobuz, or what have you.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #7,113 of 9,288
Hey M11'ers. I'm using Tidal a lot, and I want to share some of the tracks I listen to. But ... how do I share to something that will get my choices off the M11 and out to friends? I'm most interested in a social-networking-neutral approach, i.e. I don't want to share with people on facebook, so I'm looking for general tips, not vendor-specific tips, if such a thing is possible.

It'd probably be easier if Tidal worked on my PC, but it never plays in my browser, claims it has connectivity issues, have to say Tidal is pretty f*cked in the browser on Linux, as my M11 is using the same internet connection juuuuust fine.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe there was some popular android approach to sharing information like this to get it out of the M11 and to remote destinations, whether it's my FiiO music player, Tidal, Qobuz, or what have you.

I use Telegram on my M11 & other devices.

If any of your contacts have the app on their phone/tablet etc then you could share that way.

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #7,114 of 9,288
I'm finding more and more songs having a crackle during playback. One of the worst is Halo by Bloc Party. It doesn't matter which platform I listen to it on, I get the same result. Can anyone confirm an issue with this track for me?

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #7,115 of 9,288
I'm finding more and more songs having a crackle during playback. One of the worst is Halo by Bloc Party. It doesn't matter which platform I listen to it on, I get the same result. Can anyone confirm an issue with this track for me?

Amazon Music HD - Guitars especialy on the left side are some time overdriven with a vibrating sound. But singer, drums, other guitars are crystal clear. So no crackle.
Not my type of music. Sorry.

Nov 3, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #7,116 of 9,288

You should be able to get the same result in every player / dap / phone you use. http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/29015

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #7,117 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Would you mind sharing the file to us for check? Which output are you using?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 4, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #7,118 of 9,288
A question: Fiio Q5s is a Bluetooth and USB receiver. M11 can also be used as a Bluetooth and USB receiver in addition M11 can also play audio at its own thanks to its DAP function. So can it be said that M11 is strictly more advanced device of the Q5s ( can do everything the Q5s and does and more) ?

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #7,120 of 9,288
Do you have any other source? Phone? Laptop?

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #7,121 of 9,288
What about bluetooth signal? Is it strong enough, any issues with signal droping?

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #7,123 of 9,288
What about bluetooth signal? Is it strong enough, any issues with signal droping?
I've found the BT signal to be very effective. Used it to stream to my car radio, as well as a portable speaker and JBL soundbar. All of this has been pretty close proximity - no more than 3-4m. Beyond that or with a concrete wall in the line of sight and it can start to act up, but that scenario does not typically arise.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #7,124 of 9,288
Hi guys, Im wondering if anyone can help me with two questions:

1) I have a car that I''m trying to connect the M11 using the Android Auto but cannot use it as I need Google Play services, is there an alternative or any way around this?
2) My M11 has been restarting a lot lately, has anyone else experienced this and if so whats a the fix?

Also has anyone upgraded to the pro yet and if so is worth the jump?

Thanks guys

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #7,125 of 9,288
I've tried to use the M11 as a transport but the Samsung USB C to USB A male OTG adapter doesn't seem to work with my O2+SDAC.

I thought the OTG adapter might be a fluke so I bought a USB C to microUSB cable since that's what they had at my local audio store and it seem to work just fine when I used it with one of their desktop amps. That doesn't seem to work either so I tried a powered USB C hub and finally that did the trick.

It's worth noting both the OTG adapter and USB C to microUSB cable work on my phone, so it seem like the USB C port implimentation on the fiio M11 isn't providing power(or adequate power) in host mode to my dac.

I'd be helpful if @FiiO can provide some input on this.
On that note, I'm not able to get logs generated because connecting the dac to my m11 will result in the device doing a soft reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back