[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 29, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #6,286 of 9,288
This happened to me as well.

Series of events so FiiO can find out where the issue is coming from.

1) IEM plugged into 2.5mm balance
1) USB plugged in to charge
1) Device was on standbuy

2) I turn on the device and hit play
3) extremely loud static noise from my IEMs
4) hitting pause doesn't work
5) had to unplug headphone
6) plug back in and it was fine again

I'd hate to lose my hearing over this bug.

This is happening to me too with 4.4 balance. Went to the store where I bought and they replaced it with a new one.

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #6,287 of 9,288
This is happening to me too with 4.4 balance. Went to the store where I bought and they replaced it with a new one.
I bought mine from another head-fier.
Everything still works fine, just that weird bug. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #6,288 of 9,288
This happened to me as well.

Series of events so FiiO can find out where the issue is coming from.

1) IEM plugged into 2.5mm balance
1) USB plugged in to charge
1) Device was on standbuy

2) I turn on the device and hit play
3) extremely loud static noise from my IEMs
4) hitting pause doesn't work
5) had to unplug headphone
6) plug back in and it was fine again

I'd hate to lose my hearing over this bug.

I have this same issue whenever i turn the player on from cold boot and just hit play. Had to unplug jack and replug in. Using on 2.5mm jack as well. Is it an issue with the 2.5mm? Should i reterminate it to 4.4mm?

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #6,291 of 9,288
Looking for any recommendations of these from M11 owners that actually use them, I'm thinking of buying one.

From most to least favorite (at the moment):
  1. Audio Technica ATH-MSR7B
  2. Beyerdynamics DT880
  3. NAD VISO HP50
I'm into pretty much full spectrum classical (from pipe organs to generic symphonic to sopranos belting out german opera) and of course none of these can do all that. Just trying to pick the best one in the $250 or so price range, and I'm not seeing anything up to $400 that looks much better. I like other music too, but the classical seems to be most demanding. I also do a lot of jazz of many kinds. FYI, I did _not_ like the 58X jubilee and returned it, because it totally cut off the clarity and overall sounds in the higher frequencies. (Sorpranos didn't sound right, cymbals were pretty much removed from the playback). It's not that I'm a treble head, but ... a soprano should sound like a soprano, period.

Thanks for any tips.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #6,292 of 9,288
Hello,

Anyone of you having problems with Favourites playlist? It seems that for some reason it did not work. I am able to add's songs to it from Now Playing screen using heart symbol, and added track is visible in Favourites playlist, but I am unable to play anything from in. Tracks are displayed without covers, and when trying to play all tracks or selected track from it I have an Android toast message that File is not found. Also, there is a high possibility that Fiio Music app will hang up when trying to select a track from a playlist.

I keep my music on a mSD card, port 1.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #6,294 of 9,288
Hi

My M11 has suddenly decided it does not want to charge any more :frowning2:

It started occasionally stopping before it was fully charged a few days ago and this got progressively worse over 4 or 5 charging sessions and now the screen lights for a split second and then goes off. I initially thought it maybe a cable or USB socket issue as it possibly came to life when I touched it. I have eliminated the cable/charger side (I've always used good quality kit) but a hardware fault with the USB socket remains a possibility as does a firmware glitch.

Has anyone experienced anything like this ?

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #6,295 of 9,288
Hi

It started occasionally stopping before it was fully charged a few days ago and this got progressively worse over 4 or 5 charging sessions and now the screen lights for a split second and then goes off. I initially thought it maybe a cable or USB socket issue as it possibly came to life when I touched it. I have eliminated the cable/charger side (I've always used good quality kit) but a hardware fault with the USB socket remains a possibility as does a firmware glitch.

Never had that issue buddy sorry.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #6,296 of 9,288
Hi

Not with my M11 but yes with my X7ii. Left it alone for a few days. Didnt touch it and weirdly it began charging again. Same symptom screen lit for a second giving hope then went blank.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #6,297 of 9,288
Is anyone using their M11 with Roon? Specifically with the Roon app? Just installed the Roon trial and playing around with the app on the M11. Not convinced about the sound quality. A good example is 'Fireflies' by Owl City - sounds so bright and 'harsh' through Roon, and so 'right' through FiiO Music. I wonder if Roon resampling the files has anything to do with it? If you look at the M11 settings on the app when a song is playing, you can trace back what's happening to the file. You get a choice between 16 and 24 bit and 48Khz and 96Khz. I wonder if that's the Android limitation - because I thought every app should support the full native resolution of the M11. Doesn't seem to be the case with Roon. Also, all DSDs are transcoded to PCM on the fly it seems, so no DSD support from Roon on the M11. Anyone else experience SQ issues with Roon, or have any thoughts about the transcoding going on here?

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #6,298 of 9,288
Is anyone using their M11 with Roon? Specifically with the Roon app? Just installed the Roon trial and playing around with the app on the M11. Not convinced about the sound quality. A good example is 'Fireflies' by Owl City - sounds so bright and 'harsh' through Roon, and so 'right' through FiiO Music. I wonder if Roon resampling the files has anything to do with it? If you look at the M11 settings on the app when a song is playing, you can trace back what's happening to the file. You get a choice between 16 and 24 bit and 48Khz and 96Khz. I wonder if that's the Android limitation - because I thought every app should support the full native resolution of the M11. Doesn't seem to be the case with Roon. Also, all DSDs are transcoded to PCM on the fly it seems, so no DSD support from Roon on the M11. Anyone else experience SQ issues with Roon, or have any thoughts about the transcoding going on here?
yeah, roon user here. It's a bugger but it's going via android, hence the limitations.

there's a roon thread here you may want to have a look at:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/anyone-got-the-fiio-m11-yet/71060

cheers

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6,299 of 9,288
yeah, roon user here. It's a bugger but it's going via android, hence the limitations.

there's a roon thread here you may want to have a look at:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/anyone-got-the-fiio-m11-yet/71060

cheers
and this is interesting:

upload_2019-8-31_0-12-49.png

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #6,300 of 9,288
I have this same issue whenever i turn the player on from cold boot and just hit play. Had to unplug jack and replug in. Using on 2.5mm jack as well. Is it an issue with the 2.5mm? Should i reterminate it to 4.4mm?

Well damn, after hearing a fe others report this issue, I'm starting to have thoughts myself. Should I return my unit? can we get @FiiO to comment? I have been using the player just fine, but not that often recently. as I mentioned the first time I noticed it was when I was doing an IEM burn in with the 1MORE app, left it on over night, plugged in so it would remain charged, and next morning I wake up to find them buzzing. Pull the jack out and replug, plays fine, or turn all to DSD off just incase, but I don't want to continue the long burn in if it happens again, as I guess that sound will be damaging my brand new Fiio FH7's :frowning2: is this something @FiiO can address with a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue? I could see many unhappy customers, myself included if I had my headphones on and got that tone blasted into my ears :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back