[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #5,356 of 9,288
Let's see, a slightly bigger battery, slightly higher spec dacs (meaningless) and thx amp. Plus only one card reader. Doesn't sound like 799 to me.

599.00 650.00 at the most is what I would of thought. Of course there isn't an official announcement yet, so no need to panic.

Yeah, 649.00 should be the high side. I'm wondering if all the comparisons to higher priced equipment have Fiio rethinking their pricing strategy?

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #5,357 of 9,288
Do you need always WiFi?
There is no other app listed as WiFi, active and display on.... :wink:
If you use another music app, check if the app needs "always on" services.... this kind of service needs more CPU power, more battery, more other....
I can enable / disable specified services at my preferred music app. Maybe you can do it also at your app.

Hello, my suspicion lies with the Hiby app. What surprises me is that, as the largest consumer, the mobile consumption option is displayed. However, the M11 does not have a mobile modem at all. Could this also be a bug in the system...?! What do you mean...?! A programming error...?! Thank you for your feedback. Greeting.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #5,359 of 9,288
Hello, my suspicion lies with the Hiby app. What surprises me is that, as the largest consumer, the mobile consumption option is displayed. However, the M11 does not have a mobile modem at all. Could this also be a bug in the system...?! What do you mean...?! A programming error...?! Thank you for your feedback. Greeting.

Have you checked you firmware is up to date? I think 1.0.6 is the current revision.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #5,360 of 9,288
Am I ever going to get to p[properly use this within the 14 day return period lol ?

I am scanning again after resetting the database due to miscounts between apps ( I'm a little OCD )
The FiiO music app either :
1. Tops out at 5000 tracks when there are clearly more
2. Crashes and says it needs to close
3. Miscounts again

I have done another factory reset after initializing the FiiO database and scanning on the Music folders individually on each card to see if that helps

I'm not giving up as I have glimpsed what this can sound like late last night and I was mightily impressed.

That happened to me but it was because I had some corrupted songs. Once I've identified those corrupted files and erased them from the SD the fiio app music had no problem detecting all my songs (up to 1300)

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #5,364 of 9,288
Let's hope that FiiO doesn't abandon support for the M11 too quickly as they have been notoriously known for.
Since the M11 and Pro are so similar, it should be easy enough to develop for both. Same SoC, OS etc. I wouldn’t worry. Not much left to ‘fix’ on the M11 to be honest. Maybe just rework FiiO Music with all the requested features, and that will apply to all FiiO DAPs.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #5,366 of 9,288
That happened to me but it was because I had some corrupted songs. Once I've identified those corrupted files and erased them from the SD the fiio app music had no problem detecting all my songs (up to 1300)
For what it's worth, I have about 25k tracks on my SD card which the M11 is finding and counting correctly. The only issue I have is that it won't play my .aac songs. But otherwise, while slow to scan them it work. Huge directories do cause stalls though on navigating folders (if you use that facet of the Fiio player app).

No crashes so far. Firmware 1.0.6.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #5,367 of 9,288
The only issue I have is that it won't play my .aac songs. But otherwise, while slow to scan them it work. Huge directories do cause stalls though on navigating folders (if you use that facet of the Fiio player app).
. That is so strange.All my 5 thousand tracks are AAC and play perfectly on my M11. I used my iMac to load all the songs placing my SD card in the computer and dragged and dropped them from my iTunes account.Did you format your card in the M11 before loading music?

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #5,368 of 9,288
For what it's worth, I have about 25k tracks on my SD card which the M11 is finding and counting correctly. The only issue I have is that it won't play my .aac songs. But otherwise, while slow to scan them it work. Huge directories do cause stalls though on navigating folders (if you use that facet of the Fiio player app).

No crashes so far. Firmware 1.0.6.

Everything working for me. Topped out at 32309 tracks on then two SD cards. AAC and ALAC only all working fine with 1.0.6.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #5,369 of 9,288
. That is so strange.All my 5 thousand tracks are AAC and play perfectly on my M11. I used my iMac to load all the songs placing my SD card in the computer and dragged and dropped them from my iTunes account.Did you format your card in the M11 before loading music?

No, it's ex-fat, and since the M11 is working for all the non-aac files on the card, there was no reason to suspect the card. The FiiO app sees the files, but if I click on one to play it it will say "file not found". Very strange.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #5,370 of 9,288
No, it's ex-fat, and since the M11 is working for all the non-aac files on the card, there was no reason to suspect the card. The FiiO app sees the files, but if I click on one to play it it will say "file not found". Very strange.

Have you tried reloading the songs on to the sdcard? useless I guess but worth a try

Also have you tried to reset the M11 database and rescan your files?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back