[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 31, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #5,341 of 9,288
As far as I know, Poweramp always resamples. With normal Android it resamples to 16/48, with high-res support selected it resamples to the highest possible rate (192 or 384). There’s no getting around it I’m afraid. Poweramp doesn’t do 1:1 bitperfect. I believe FiiO Music is the only player on the M11 that does that reliably, which is also why it sounds best. Poweramp is not far behind though, the differences are subtle. Of course Poweramp has a much better EQ and interface than FiiO Music, and much better library support.
thanks!

different question... I can see option for chromecast but greyed out in Poweramp and there are options for it in the settings. Does the M11 support Chromecast in any way shape or form?

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #5,342 of 9,288
Hello,

I have an little problem. When i use another Musicplayer, the accu drain ist much higher. Look at the Screenshot. What is here the problem. Anybody here have a Idea..?! What can i do, that the accu drain is not so high. Anybody here had the same problem...?!

Thanks for answer.
Screenshot_20190731-133658.png

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #5,343 of 9,288
Do you need always WiFi?
There is no other app listed as WiFi, active and display on.... :wink:
If you use another music app, check if the app needs "always on" services.... this kind of service needs more CPU power, more battery, more other....
I can enable / disable specified services at my preferred music app. Maybe you can do it also at your app.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #5,344 of 9,288
Hey guys, not sure if this is the place to ask, but if anyone is looking to sell their M11 - or knows someone selling - please PM me. I’m looking for one for a friend and they’re like hen’s teeth in my country. I have global shipping addresses so can have it shipped to me from most major centers. Thanks in advance!

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #5,345 of 9,288
No.
A FiiO player has many problems.
1. Micro gaps via BT connect
2. Gapless playback probs via BT connect
3. EQ issues

1. It seems the HW architecture makes several problems such little gaps IN a track NOT between two tracks. You CANNOT fix that issue with another music app. It seems, it's hardware based... My preferred music app (used since more than 5 years) is perfect in music playing of FLAC and MP3 but also the app cannot handle this kind of little gaps. I found that kind of micro gaps only at FiiO devices! Maybe a SoC / BT module problem by Samsung - cannot fix by FiiO?!
2. The FiiO music app has problems with gapless playback at M7, M9 and M11 devices. You CAN fix this issue with another music app. It seems, it's software based. FiiO can fix it with a better algo.
3. The internal EQ is just a software issue.... same as 2.

X fade is another kind of music effect...
@FiiO

Please check it for ALL your current devices!
It seems, the whole BT architecture by Samsung makes trouble with BT LDAC!
ONLY at FiiO devices!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #5,346 of 9,288
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #5,348 of 9,288
A bit offtopic, but any news on M15? :)
Only thing I heard, they will add super low gain setting for super sensitive IEMs.

Dual AK 4499 I think and I have started saving for it :)

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #5,351 of 9,288
Weird that James would come on here and say 20% price hike for the PRO, when they are seemingly going to price it about 40% more. In their defense as a company whose goal is to make money, even at $799 its going to be a good deal. It will be directly in the same price bracket as Hiby R6 PRO, and it should outperform it in every way. It will also be priced at a point where I can feel good about my M11 purchase, and not be left feeling bad I didnt wait for the PRO.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #5,352 of 9,288
Hey guys, not sure if this is the place to ask, but if anyone is looking to sell their M11 - or knows someone selling - please PM me. I’m looking for one for a friend and they’re like hen’s teeth in my country. I have global shipping addresses so can have it shipped to me from most major centers. Thanks in advance!
they are on ebay too, and some stores in Australia if you need.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #5,353 of 9,288
I have seen people on here mention Plex and I have a question about it. I have a Qnap NAS on which I keep a backup of all my digital music. Most of this music is in mp3 format so doesn't take up much space and so I have a complete copy on the M11. This is changing as I slowly move over to flac so in the future if I want to listen to an album from the NAS that was not on the M11 would Plex offer any advantage over just uploading the album using a file manager and then playing it as it came in, a sort of quasi streaming system I suppose ?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #5,354 of 9,288
It will also be priced at a point where I can feel good about my M11 purchase, and not be left feeling bad I didnt wait for the PRO.
This! At $550/$600 it’s an insult to M11 buyers (and will also cripple the resale value of the M11 in its first year).

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #5,355 of 9,288
Weird that James would come on here and say 20% price hike for the PRO, when they are seemingly going to price it about 40% more. In their defense as a company whose goal is to make money, even at $799 its going to be a good deal. It will be directly in the same price bracket as Hiby R6 PRO, and it should outperform it in every way. It will also be priced at a point where I can feel good about my M11 purchase, and not be left feeling bad I didnt wait for the PRO.

Or we got unlucky with the China–United States trade war

"I'm not going to get old I'll walk backwards and stay 5" My nephew has just told me hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back