[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #4,998 of 9,288
Is anyone else getting pops/clicks/stutters using Neutron? I sure am, really liking the sound when it works, but this will not work. Good thing it's just the trial version.
Yep, I got that when trying to play high-res stuff with the trial version. That and the fact that it is just SO ugly made it the easiest app to delete off my M11. Maybe one day when they realise it’s 2019 and design an appropriate UI we can talk business again. I mean where did they get their icons from, Windows 95?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #4,999 of 9,288
Is anyone else getting pops/clicks/stutters using Neutron? I sure am, really liking the sound when it works, but this will not work. Good thing it's just the trial version.

Honestly I'm not l, but there are so many audio settings, who knows. And playback is just as good on my little m6.

Sorry, maybe try another version and a factory reset. I was having problems of crashing after the update- but I did a factory reset and reinstalled neutron and all was good.

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #5,000 of 9,288
I think a few M11 owners heart just sank a little. lol
Not at all. One SD slot ends my interest. Although I am curious to hear the difference the THX amps make to the sound. Some people rave about it, others call it cold and analytical. You wonder whether it would be ‘too much of a good thing’ with brighter, more neutral IEMs like the FH7 (much like the TXH AAA desktop amps don’t pair particularly well with an HD800).

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #5,001 of 9,288
Not at all. One SD slot ends my interest. Although I am curious to hear the difference the THX amps make to the sound. Some people rave about it, others call it cold and analytical. You wonder whether it would be ‘too much of a good thing’ with brighter, more neutral IEMs like the FH7 (much like the TXH AAA desktop amps don’t pair particularly well with an HD800).

Depends on how they implement it also. People have said the thx module for the q5 sounds similar to m11. Who knows, but if anyone wants to sell I'd do it now :wink: While the m11 is still warm.

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #5,002 of 9,288
Depends on how they implement it also. People have said the thx module for the q5 sounds similar to m11. Who knows, but if anyone wants to sell I'd do it now :wink: While the m11 is still warm.
And be dap-less for 3-4 months while hoping the new ‘Pro’ matches the hype and then spending $200+ extra to get a slightly blacker background compared to the already black background of the M11, if you can even find a Pro before Christmas? Sounds like a silly game of cat and mouse to me, although I know many people are in this hobby more for the thrill of the gear chase than the joy of the music. To each his own.

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #5,003 of 9,288
And be dap-less for 3-4 months while hoping the new ‘Pro’ matches the hype and then spending $200+ extra to get a slightly blacker background compared to the already black background of the M11, if you can even find a Pro before Christmas? Sounds like a silly game of cat and mouse to me, although I know many people are in this hobby more for the thrill of the gear chase than the joy of the music. To each his own.

Like the old saying "the grass isn't always danker from the other side" or something.

Juj

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #5,004 of 9,288
Unless you've already got multiple daps :wink: and I don't think it will be hard to get a 'pro' as the m11 was extremely hyped/hot whatever you want to call it and we all got one relatively quick.

I'm extremely curious that's for sure. I can't imagine it sounding worse.

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #5,005 of 9,288
Yep, I got that when trying to play high-res stuff with the trial version. That and the fact that it is just SO ugly made it the easiest app to delete off my M11. Maybe one day when they realise it’s 2019 and design an appropriate UI we can talk business again. I mean where did they get their icons from, Windows 95?
That has more to do with OCD.

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #5,006 of 9,288
Unless you've already got multiple daps :wink: and I don't think it will be hard to get a 'pro' as the m11 was extremely hyped/hot whatever you want to call it and we all got one relatively quick.

I'm extremely curious that's for sure. I can't imagine it sounding worse.
True. I guess I don’t see the point of having multiple daps either. Or multiple IEMs (at least not if one pair does everything you need). Between daps, IEMs, desktop gear, headphones and speakers, there’s just not enough time to do justice to what I paid for any of them, let alone start collecting multiples that do the same thing!

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #5,008 of 9,288
True. I guess I don’t see the point of having multiple daps either. Or multiple IEMs (at least not if one pair does everything you need). Between daps, IEMs, desktop gear, headphones and speakers, there’s just not enough time to do justice to what I paid for any of them, let alone start collecting multiples that do the same thing!

Yes some of us just can't leave well enough alone. :) but fiio keeps making better sounding stuff

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #5,009 of 9,288
Go to Neutron settings, audio hardware, software latency time and set it to 10 msec from 20 msec.

Worked for me and no problem since.

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #5,010 of 9,288
OK try this to get my neutron theme:

Force Close Neutron
Copy theme.xml and neutronmp.db over the same name files in the NeutronMP folder of your android internsl Storage.

Copy skul.jpg to the pictures folder and change your m11s wallpaper to it.

All files here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjIqgYlV9XYyg0iILctl5Bcj67GI?e=S9Yuic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back