[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #4,231 of 9,288
Perhaps, battery life is something that is different for every person depending on their use case. I can achieve up to 25 hours on my ZX300, while I know some others who barely get anything over 12.
One thing Sony does well is battery life.

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #4,232 of 9,288
Has anyone else had a problem with tracks being played out of order or it combining double disc mix comps together like Global Underground or Balance albums? Quite a few of my mixed comps that are tracked it's combining both mixes and playing tracks 1-1-2-2-3-3 and so on. I have each in separate folders but the M11 combines them into one and I dont know how to change it. I never had any problems with X5II so I guess it has something to do with the Android OS.

I assume the Fiio Music phone app would operate similar to the one on the M11, correct? If so, this might come down to the way you have your comps tagged. I have my multi-disc albums in the same folder, with the differentiating factor being disc one being organized as 1-01 Song Title, 1-02 Song Title, etc. and disc two being organized as 2-01 Song Title, 2-02 Song Title, etc. I also have the discs labeled in the metadata (image below).

I just downloaded the FiiO app to my phone and loaded up The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails, tagged exactly as I showed above, and everything was organized properly within the album view.

Untitled.jpg

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #4,233 of 9,288
I assume the Fiio Music phone app would operate similar to the one on the M11, correct? If so, this might come down to the way you have your comps tagged. I have my multi-disc albums in the same folder, with the differentiating factor being disc one being organized as 1-01 Song Title, 1-02 Song Title, etc. and disc two being organized as 2-01 Song Title, 2-02 Song Title, etc. I also have the discs labeled in the metadata (image below).

I just downloaded the FiiO app to my phone and loaded up The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails, tagged exactly as I showed above, and everything was organized properly within the album view.

Yes that it set 1 of 2 is showing the cd number.

Juj

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #4,235 of 9,288
I finally got an M11 today after putting it off once before - all is essentially perfect and a big improvement over my AK70 mk2 in all apects. There is one significant bug however that is causing me problems - if I connect USB to my Hugo2 and play Tidal it doesn’t play bit perfect - this has been confirmed by @Currawong in his review. Further to this though, after trying to play Tidal over USB the M11 then becomes totally unresponsive and trying to reboot it results in a temporarily bricked device which won’t power on at all. Luckily the 2 times I’ve tried to replicate this it does eventually come back on after about 30 minutes of repeatedly trying and connecting it to power. Everything else is perfect and stable - I will try connecting by coax as apparently this plays better, but the sudden unresponsiveness I experienced does worry me somewhat.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #4,236 of 9,288
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #4,238 of 9,288
After turning off the wifi the battery does last a bit longer.

I love the sleep mode because I can come back 24 hours later and it's only gone down like 1%.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #4,240 of 9,288
I wonder if putting it in sleep mode all the time and not turning it completely off and on gives longer battery life?
Turning it on and off probably does use a bit of power, so assuming the M11 is constantly being powered on and off it's better to just leave in sleep mode. Battery life may not be exceptional but it sure is on idle!

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #4,243 of 9,288
Anyone has experienced m11 changing songs while inside your pocket? I had mine happened today though I am very sure not a single hardware button was clicked. Happened 3 times and when I took the unit out of the pocket, screen was on. And I am not wearing skinny jeans at all.

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #4,244 of 9,288
Anyone has experienced m11 changing songs while inside your pocket? I had mine happened today though I am very sure not a single hardware button was clicked. Happened 3 times and when I took the unit out of the pocket, screen was on. And I am not wearing skinny jeans at all.
Dear friend,

You may may try the key-locksetting function from system settings-general for help?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back