[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #4,144 of 9,288
Yeah, totally mad at myself for letting it happen, but at the same time, it doesn't effect anything in the end and Fiio did such a great job on the anodizing that the finish isn't even taken off.

I dropped mine out of my pocket to a cement floor naked and it scratched the back and dinged it on the corner and by the play/pause button. Some black magic marker helped :wink: wasn't as bad as I expected for the vicious drop. Really can't notice unless you really look.

And it still sounds sublime.

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #4,146 of 9,288
Booted up the Amazon music app, and boy, howdy damn it sounds good! I love the amp section of this dap.

20190716_163852.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #4,147 of 9,288
But unfortunately not on dings

Dropped it on the plane this weekend and it hit the frame of the seat in front of me. Knew not having full coverage on this case would come back to bite me lol.
That's the reason why I prefer full covered cases such flip cover or similar.:)
The silicon and leather cases do not protect the front.... I hope any 3rd party manufact. provides better cover / cases in near future...

in addition the silicon cover has a better grip....I don't like my leather cases @M7 and M9...

btw. I use this case

https://www.internet-fairkauf.de/internetfairkauf-p3609h8s24-Hama-Kameratasche-Makemo-60J.html

It's perfect for the M11 and includes a belt loop...

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #4,148 of 9,288
Sorry this happened, can I ask were you by any chance charging the M11 or using google chrome when this happens as at the moment using the device while charging will give some buzzing until its at 100% and chrome has some bug giving a 90's dial up tone randomly.

Fiio have said there is an update comeing the next few weeks (fingers crossed)

Hope this can help you aviod it happpening again

Juj
Was not using chrome or charging it while listening. Hope this issue doesnt come back.

Also, how to select random shuffle with fiio player? I can do it for hiby app but not for fiio app.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #4,149 of 9,288
That's the reason why I prefer full covered cases such flip cover or similar.:)
The silicon and leather cases do not protect the front.... I hope any 3rd party manufact. provides better cover / cases in near future...

in addition the silicon cover has a better grip....I don't like my leather cases @M7 and M9...

btw. I use this case

https://www.internet-fairkauf.de/internetfairkauf-p3609h8s24-Hama-Kameratasche-Makemo-60J.html

It's perfect for the M11 and includes a belt loop...
Not to mention that the flip case would have to be designed so that the player can be inserted like a phone case would and not by sliding in, otherwise there will still be an opening prone to damage. But yes, if FiiO won't be able to provide a case hopefully a third party manufacturer can make a good quality one

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #4,150 of 9,288
The M11 and my A5 portable amp is a very nice sounding combo with my HP-3 headphones. Bass is tight and punch with the mids and highs sounding very clean and precise. The more I use this dap the more I like it.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #4,152 of 9,288
Just to let everyone know ... I just turned on my M11 ... Fiio music was the only app running ... It was on pause .. from the lock screen I pressed the play button ... I then plugged the M11 to charge ... After 2 or 3 songs ... No problems with audio play back as of yet while charging

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #4,153 of 9,288
Also, how to select random shuffle with fiio player? I can do it for hiby app but not for fiio app.

I think I figured out random shuffle on the Fiio but its not very intuitive. You go to listing of all your tracks and hit play all and then tap on any track in the list and it will play that track and play others at random. I found when you don't do this and have shuffle on and hit play all it plays the same random tracks every time you set up a random play session.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #4,154 of 9,288
I think I figured out random shuffle on the Fiio but its not very intuitive. You go to listing of all your tracks and hit play all and then tap on any track in the list and it will play that track and play others at random. I found when you don't do this and have shuffle on and hit play all it plays the same random tracks every time you set up a random play session.

Screenshot_20190717-004517[1].png Screenshot_20190717-004523[1].png Screenshot_20190717-003119[1].png

Easy :)

Hope this helps others too :)

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back