[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #3,961 of 9,288
Not normal in my opinion. Don't delete anything yet. @JamesFiiO , looks unusual/test unit-like. Can he have this replaced?

Thanks! I didn’t think it looked normal!

I’ll wait to hear from Fiio but I purchased the unit from Amazon so might just return it!

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #3,963 of 9,288
Hey folks!

I just received my M11 and there are a load of apps installed on it that I have not seen any mention of anywhere. These include; ADC Test, battery, FiioTestApplication, Handy Color Test, iPerf, WiFi Analyser and one in Chinese.

Is this normal? Did anyone else have these and it it safe to delete them?

Thanks for your help!

These apps are usual Fiio testing app, which normally be in beta firmware. It's quite harmless, you can uninstall them or just leave them there. I have installed beta firmware to upgrade my X7ii to a bigger internal memory partition, an that firmware also have these apps.
If your device works just fine, no problem. If you are uncomfortable with that, just return it.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #3,964 of 9,288
These apps are usual Fiio testing app, which normally be in beta firmware. It's quite harmless, you can uninstall them or just leave them there. I have installed beta firmware to upgrade my X7ii to a bigger internal memory partition, an that firmware also have these apps.
If your device works just fine, no problem. If you are uncomfortable with that, just return it.

@keithmarsh maybe check the firmware nuimber aswell should be 1.0.5 and can be found in the technical suport app

Juj

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #3,965 of 9,288
@keithmarsh maybe check the firmware nuimber aswell should be 1.0.5 and can be found in the technical suport app

Juj

Yep - it’s 1.0.5

I have no problem with deleting them as long as the hardware is still normal/ok :)

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #3,966 of 9,288

Thanks for the heads up Ted!

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #3,967 of 9,288
Mine has all that stuff also, we're special :wink:

It’s good not to be alone! :)

Did you remove them OK or keep them?

I guess you haven’t experienced any other issues so I should be fine?

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #3,968 of 9,288

DO IT ONE OF US ONE OF US!! All joking aside you should be fine and welcome to the Madhouse :p

Juj

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #3,969 of 9,288

I just left them there, no issues whatsoever. In fact I think my unit has better bass response because of this 'test' firmware. Ha ha :wink:

#superspecialfirmware

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #3,970 of 9,288
No problems, especially with flac or higher resolution audio. With MP3s, you'll likely get gaps on some songs (not all) but it lies within the songs (either a small space at the start or end due to compression), not really the player's fault. :)

thank you for that :) so ya, my flac album plays flawlessly and the mp3 one has gaps (I remember it played a few times before flawlessly, but recently it's all gaps) so that must be the reason. I'll try to stick to flac thanks again!

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #3,971 of 9,288
IMG_20190713_112955.jpg

Mainstream combo, good for a relaxing weekend.

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #3,972 of 9,288
Do you guys think the Q5s will sound as good if not better than the M11? Any thoughts James? I have a DAP as my main audio setup but I don't have anything for my laptop so getting a Q5s might allow me to enjoy that M11 performance everyone is super crazy about in this thread.

Also it's releasing around August correct?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #3,973 of 9,288
Do you guys think the Q5s will sound as good if not better than the M11? Any thoughts James? I have a DAP as my main audio setup but I don't have anything for my laptop so getting a Q5s might allow me to enjoy that M11 performance everyone is super crazy about in this thread.

Well, M11 sound is relaxing, open. It's not super detail (but still good clarity) and slightly loose bass (not as tight as Fiio X7ii). But in general, for the price you have a very relaxing sound profile to enjoy music and very quick, lots of functions DAP.

If you only care about the sound, I think you should hear it by yourself before purchasing.

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #3,974 of 9,288
They’re definitely installed. It seems really strange like I have been given a dev unit or something. (See attached image of the FiioTestApplication).

Is it normal to have these? Did anyone else have these apps on their M11?

Lucky you . You get a first class treatment.

Jul 13, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #3,975 of 9,288
I am looking to upgrade from a classic ipod with 3500mah battery and 1TB storage. I really only use it in the car or gym. my readings point me to the m11 but the old android system puts me off purchasing. do you think it will be possible to upgrade the android or do i just wait until the next round of DAPs are released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back