[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 28, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #3,556 of 9,288
Mainly using Fiio for everything. It sounds incredible and if I'm not using playlist, I am a folder browsing, full album listening fool.
Hiby sounds good too and all the EQ options are great. One of these days I will get around to using Neutron and see how that goes. Need me some PEQ.

I hope that m11 pro has peq, I know Neutron has it but I like the fiio apps layout. Of course I only use playlists I've made on the player, but mostly I listen to albums also:wink: So it suits me fine.

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #3,560 of 9,288
the billion buck question is how is power amp on it?

I like the UI, it supports the M11 directly, and it handles scanning the library differently )on the fly vs initiated). I use both when I add lots of music and FiiO is busy scanning, or when I’m in a UI-must-be-nicer mood.
Sound wise they are similar. Poweramp may be a touch more neutral but hard to remember right now.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #3,562 of 9,288
Bought a 4 foot 4.4 balanced cable for my Focal Elear to use with the M11, and it is a nice pairing. M11 has no problem driving them at 80ohm and the sound seems better to me than it did out of the Chord Mojo...but that was a while ago and my audio memory might be unreliable. Either way, M11 is worlds better than mojo in convenience and functionality. I only have 1 more item on order to complete my switch from Desktop to mobile...custom tips from ADV for my campfire Atlas. Fiio FH7, Atlas, Elear, and Meze 99 will be only ear gear for the foreseeable future. Trading hi-fi for mid-fi has been less painful than I thought it would be, but I'm definitely going to miss my Brooklyn DAC + / Focal Utopia setup.

Elear 4-4.jpg

Jun 28, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #3,563 of 9,288
For anybody who is interested, I just shared Erik's (@Wyville) M11 review, soon to be posted on HF as well. I might have to borrow this one, just to take a listen since many been asking me how it stacks up against dx220 and n6ii :wink:

fiio_m11-IMAGE_11.JPG

Jun 29, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #3,565 of 9,288
I can’t find the M11 listing on Amazon again. Good golly.

Jun 29, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #3,566 of 9,288
For anybody who is interested, I just shared Erik's (@Wyville) M11 review, soon to be posted on HF as well. I might have to borrow this one, just to take a listen since many been asking me how it stacks up against dx220 and n6ii :wink:

No problem, I will send the M11 your way soon so you can do a proper comparison.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #3,567 of 9,288
You can use aurora store or any other APK store.
But no Google play services suport mean for me, no authentication of my paid apps like UAPP.
Thanks for the reply and I can only hope I have done the right thing as I have just ordered an M11 to take away on holiday in a weeks time.

I have been agonising about getting the M11 but I could not live without the BBC Sounds app and use Tidal for all my new music. So I have been talking to someone in the BBC and he says it should work but they could not support it and he pointed out that I could always use the BBC website and access everything from there. When it comes to Tidal I did a quick search on this thread and read a post from someone who had installed it but just to be sure I disabled Google Play and Services on my X5iii and sideloaded an apk and it worked.

Maybe some apps with financial functionality will work without Play Services providing you administer them on another device and don't try to buy anything on the M11. I really hope I will be OK and don't have to send it back. I just can't afford or justify buying the DX220 which is not far off double the price - plus I have grown to have a soft spot for FiiO.

Would anyone who is successfully running Tidal just put me out of my misery and briefly confirm that it does work please ? :)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #3,568 of 9,288
i am sure you will enjoy it!
have fun and enjoy the music!

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #3,569 of 9,288
Tidal runs great, no worries. People are running poweramp and neutron which are paid apps. The only thing I know for sure that won't run is uapp. I know BBC radio works, but I don't see BBC sounds on apk pure.

But shirley you could listen to that on your phone right? :wink: Anyways in many ways the m11 is a better all around device then the clunky dx220 and it still sounds pretty damn good!

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #3,570 of 9,288
Can you compare the sound between the two players some more-soundstage,layering,bass, mids, treble and what is the main difference if you compare just sound quality and ability to drive the headphones in your opinion
Thanks

Yes i can but do not forget is my pesonal opinion and feeling! For me there is not so much different sound between each other in stock configuration! So talk layering,soundstage, i would take it away. Anyway sound on both could be modified as you like. If my choice is pushed by money; i will definetely take M11 as
is faster,has more choice of good plugs avaliable, two slots for microsd card and usable not nicer case.
I personnaly choose DX220 because it has versatily. I can buy other amps like amp8 with 4.4 conection or amp9 with tubes sound. At this moment all my paid google apps are working because i use Mod version of firmware for DX.
Hope Fiio also alow use of google services in future any possible way, either OEM unlock,root or mod.
Both can drive my Sennheiser HD650 300Ohm headphones nicely with each needed some other settings.
I can enjoy music on both with my IEM no hiss or any other problems.
enjoy the music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back