[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 22, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #1,351 of 9,288
So M11 and DX220 are at the same league. If you can elaborate your thoughts on their sound departments, i would appriciete.

I have O.C.D
i fixate on the minutia. There is a stunning lack of difference between a say...2014 Calyx-M and a 2019 Cayin N8. It's all about the drivers really IMO.
LPF/Amp's make changes..very subtle, that's it and it is minimal like switching DAC filters
There is something there but not enough to mask any sonic event.
minute emphasis or de-emphasis via LPF/amp or a DAC filter setting but nothing lost and nothing gained.

The 220 and M11 are both like the Sony WM1A with IEM.(EX1000) neutral sonic cues present. No warmth like WM1Z and not going the other direction.

I clicked on FiiO's shop and hit the buy button to check price...no luck. Googled it and found it was under $500 and is rocking the 1st legit U.I FiiO has ever made. Easy rec.

May 22, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #1,352 of 9,288
That price is nutz.

My most recent toys were all $2,500-$4,300 (WM1Z,N8,LPGT A&K SP1000M/SE100)
A sub $500 DAP that is this nice in sound and U.I. is refreshing as fu.
I've got a sp1000 for my home use and am getting a dx220 but for the price M11 could be great for out and about. Does it have decent power?

May 22, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #1,354 of 9,288
Would be great to hear any sound comparisons dx220 - M11. I doubt dx220 sound twice better, but it's a flagship anyway.
I’d love for someone to articulate for me what is meant by ‘flagship’. If you didn’t know what what what, could you spot a flagship in a blind test?

May 22, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,359 of 9,288
If their fh7 you have already will be good then m11 and fh7 could be killer combo. :beerchug:
Works well, I would say... :wink:
FH7_M11(small).JPG

May 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #1,360 of 9,288
I guess X7-II is considered to sound best for now (from FIIO), but can't say of course, didn't hear any of them. My question was about dx220 - m11 comparison, not about 'flagship' definition :)
I’m with you. I just keep hearing “but this dap is a flagship” or “FiiO are yet to announce a flagship”, as if flagship status automatically makes the M11 inferior. Just seems silly. I’d wager the M11 is both sonically and functionally better than the X7ii but of course that’s subjective and without any basis in fact. Except for the fact that people are flogging their X7ii’s for much less than the cost of a new M11, which makes me think the M11 is currently top of the FiiO hill. Makes no difference to me, by the way, I just find the whole concept of ‘flagship’ be it a dap or IEM more a marketing moniker than an actual determinant of quality.

I like how @Hawaiibadboy gave his thoughts on the M11 before even knowing how much it cost, and then when he knew it was like “What!?”

May 22, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,361 of 9,288
I’m with you. I just keep hearing “but this dap is a flagship” or “FiiO are yet to announce a flagship”, as if flagship status automatically makes the M11 inferior. Just seems silly. I’d wager the M11 is both sonically and functionally better than the X7ii but of course that’s subjective and without any basis in fact. Except for the fact that people are flogging their X7ii’s for much less than the cost of a new M11, which makes me think the M11 is currently top of the FiiO hill. Makes no difference to me, by the way, I just find the whole concept of ‘flagship’ be it a dap or IEM more a marketing moniker than an actual determinant of quality.

I like how @Hawaiibadboy gave his thoughts on the M11 before even knowing how much it cost, and then when he knew it was like “What!?”

Yeah, it's really cool if you can go to your local store (or CamJam) and make direct comparison, forgetting about price and marketing hiss - only sound, only YOUR impressions :) The probles is that not every city has such store :) So that's why many people here are trying to make some sort of "remote audition" with the help of another people before placing orders somewhere on Amazon etc. :)

May 22, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,363 of 9,288
I have O.C.D
i fixate on the minutia. There is a stunning lack of difference between a say...2014 Calyx-M and a 2019 Cayin N8. It's all about the drivers really IMO.
LPF/Amp's make changes..very subtle, that's it and it is minimal like switching DAC filters
There is something there but not enough to mask any sonic event.
minute emphasis or de-emphasis via LPF/amp or a DAC filter setting but nothing lost and nothing gained.

The 220 and M11 are both like the Sony WM1A with IEM.(EX1000) neutral sonic cues present. No warmth like WM1Z and not going the other direction.

I clicked on FiiO's shop and hit the buy button to check price...no luck. Googled it and found it was under $500 and is rocking the 1st legit U.I FiiO has ever made. Easy rec.
I know the ZX300 you reviewed was a lent unit, but based off of what you remember, how would you compare it against the M11?
This is probably the 30th time I've mentioned the ZX300 in this threat at this point

May 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #1,364 of 9,288
I got my leather case just now. Rumors of a bad fit are unfounded...it's nice and snug. The very thin piece that goes across the top of the face is leather over magnesium--it will be interesting to see how it holds up over time.

Look and feel are nice.

May 22, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #1,365 of 9,288
I know the ZX300 you reviewed was a lent unit, but based off of what you remember, how would you compare it against the M11?
This is probably the 30th time I've mentioned the ZX300 in this threat at this point

Patience - I don't think most people have tried or owned both.

I love the battery life and sound of the ZX-300, and it's wicked nice with IEMs. The M11 pushes more power:

NW-ZX300: MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT (JEITA 16Ω/MW) 50 mW + 50 mW (High Gain)
M11: ≥255mW(16Ω / THD+N<1%)

The HD6xx are 300 ohm, IIRC . ≥22mW(300Ω / THD+N<1%) on the M11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back