[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 24, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #8,988 of 9,288
Oops, the new Fiio app.
What information will you receive when you install the new version? You could try to download the APK file and install again?

Download link: FiiO Music app-V3.0.7 for M series Android players: Click here

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #8,989 of 9,288
My M11 is back with FiiO in Australia under warranty with a faulty volume wheel. The store I bought it from confirmed the fault but I've not heard anything for a few weeks. Does anyone know what will happen? Will it be sent back to China? Are they likely to repair it?

My preference would be to pay the difference and upgrade to the M11 plus LTD with no volume wheel at all but I'm struggling to get any info onw whether that will be possible?
So FiiO have now had my m11 for 8 weeks with literally zero information on what they are doing with it. Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #8,990 of 9,288
So FiiO have now had my m11 for 8 weeks with literally zero information on what they are doing with it. Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service.
Dear friend,

Do you mean that you are sending the M11 to us in China for repair? Would you mind inform us the Ticket id of your email so we could check for you?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 1, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #8,991 of 9,288
I just got an M11 pro, and so far I'm impressed. On my phone I use Tidal via UAPP so I can use parametric eq.
I've installed the Tidal app on the M11 Pro and I was hoping to be able to use the built-in equaliser (even though it isn't parametric), but I realised that it's only for the Fiio music app.
What would be the best way to use eq with Tidal on the M11 Pro? It would be nice to be able to use the tidal app so I could use offline music. I read that some people use Wavelet, but I wasn't able to install it with apkpure.

Nov 1, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #8,992 of 9,288
I just got an M11 pro, and so far I'm impressed. On my phone I use Tidal via UAPP so I can use parametric eq.
I've installed the Tidal app on the M11 Pro and I was hoping to be able to use the built-in equaliser (even though it isn't parametric), but I realised that it's only for the Fiio music app.
What would be the best way to use eq with Tidal on the M11 Pro? It would be nice to be able to use the tidal app so I could use offline music. I read that some people use Wavelet, but I wasn't able to install it with apkpure.
Wavelet requires Android 9 or later, M11/M11 Pro are Android 7. I don't know of a good solution to use with the Tidal app (i.e. offline).

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #8,993 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Do you mean that you are sending the M11 to us in China for repair? Would you mind inform us the Ticket id of your email so we could check for you?

Best regards
No, I bought it from an authorised re-seller in Australia (Minidisc). I returned it to them and they sent to a FiiO repairer. I don't know whether the FiiO repairer is in China or Australia, I've been given veyr little information. I've been told they're waiting for parts but still have no ETA on their arrival.

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #8,994 of 9,288
Wavelet requires Android 9 or later, M11/M11 Pro are Android 7. I don't know of a good solution to use with the Tidal app (i.e. offline).
Thanks for the info - Seems like I'll have to use UAPP. I listen exclusively at home, so no support for offline mode isn't really an issue for me. I read that you also use UAPP, and read one of you posts where you suggest settings to use, so I checked them. UAPP seems to just work well on the M11 Pro. I was wondering if I would have to get an M11 Plus instead, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to do so.

Nov 2, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #8,995 of 9,288
Thanks for the info - Seems like I'll have to use UAPP. I listen exclusively at home, so no support for offline mode isn't really an issue for me. I read that you also use UAPP, and read one of you posts where you suggest settings to use, so I checked them. UAPP seems to just work well on the M11 Pro. I was wondering if I would have to get an M11 Plus instead, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to do so.

I have several (too many) DAPs and I generally use UAPP on all of them when I can. I do have a modest local library that I can listen to from the SD Card but, like you, I normally listen around the house with wifi streaming. I rarely use any EQ. I have been tempted by the M11 Plus mainly because of Apple Music compatibility but it's not really much of an upgrade over the M11 Pro (same DAC and THX amp), so I'm not upgrading. Maybe Fiio will eventually get Apple Music working, although it doesn't seem likely.

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #8,996 of 9,288
No, I bought it from an authorised re-seller in Australia (Minidisc). I returned it to them and they sent to a FiiO repairer. I don't know whether the FiiO repairer is in China or Australia, I've been given veyr little information. I've been told they're waiting for parts but still have no ETA on their arrival.
Ask the reseller who they sent it to and an ETA. I would be at their door every week.

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #8,997 of 9,288
I have several (too many) DAPs and I generally use UAPP on all of them when I can. I do have a modest local library that I can listen to from the SD Card but, like you, I normally listen around the house with wifi streaming. I rarely use any EQ. I have been tempted by the M11 Plus mainly because of Apple Music compatibility but it's not really much of an upgrade over the M11 Pro (same DAC and THX amp), so I'm not upgrading. Maybe Fiio will eventually get Apple Music working, although it doesn't seem likely.
Thanks for the info. I've been quite impressed by the sound and usability of the M11 Pro. I don't find myself reaching for my phone + Mojo. UAPP with Tidal works well with a few odd errors; things like getstream errors which require me to navigate back to my Tidal favourites. I also noticed that it doesn't like it if I connect a USB DAC and then disconnect it, as output doesn't revert back to the internal DAC. I had to restart the device to get it to work again. This isn't really an issue though because the in-built DAC/amp are so good that I don't see any need for anything else.
Global eq would still be nice, just to be able to have a wider choice of which streaming apps/services to use. I'm curious to try the Sony NW-ZX507, as I believe that it may fit the bill - especially if I could get a Japanese version without the EU volume cap. As I'm quite happy using Tidal though I'll probably keep the M11 Pro.

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #8,998 of 9,288
Thanks for the info. I've been quite impressed by the sound and usability of the M11 Pro. I don't find myself reaching for my phone + Mojo. UAPP with Tidal works well with a few odd errors; things like getstream errors which require me to navigate back to my Tidal favourites. I also noticed that it doesn't like it if I connect a USB DAC and then disconnect it, as output doesn't revert back to the internal DAC. I had to restart the device to get it to work again. This isn't really an issue though because the in-built DAC/amp are so good that I don't see any need for anything else.
Global eq would still be nice, just to be able to have a wider choice of which streaming apps/services to use. I'm curious to try the Sony NW-ZX507, as I believe that it may fit the bill - especially if I could get a Japanese version without the EU volume cap. As I'm quite happy using Tidal though I'll probably keep the M11 Pro.

Wavelet does work on the Sony NW-ZX507 (Android 9) although I haven't really used it very much. One issue with the Sony is that it is unclear when it's operating in bit-perfect mode outside of the Sony Music app and equally unclear if it is acting as a MQA decoder/renderer (again outside of the Sony App). I guess this has to do with Sony's DAC/Amp implementation which is different than off-the-shelf products. At least with the M11 Pro, you can see what is happening in the status bar (bitrate, MQA) and feel confident it's doing what it's supposed to.

Nov 12, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #8,999 of 9,288
I wrote this on their official forum, but hoping someone else can help me if they've encountered a problem like this before - help!

I've had my M11 for over a year, worked flawlessly. Right now, out of the blue, the 3.5 mm in just stopped working, no matter if it's for headphones, spdif or line-out, I tried all three. The 4.4 works normally, it's JUST the 3.5 mm
Nothing happens in the FiiO music app, no indication or change, there's just no signal coming out

Important to note is there is NO mechanical damage whatsoever. It didn't fall or anything, I just turned it on yesterday morning and it didn't work.

What's happening? How can I fix this?

Nov 12, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #9,000 of 9,288
I wrote this on their official forum, but hoping someone else can help me if they've encountered a problem like this before - help!

I've had my M11 for over a year, worked flawlessly. Right now, out of the blue, the 3.5 mm in just stopped working, no matter if it's for headphones, spdif or line-out, I tried all three. The 4.4 works normally, it's JUST the 3.5 mm
Nothing happens in the FiiO music app, no indication or change, there's just no signal coming out

Important to note is there is NO mechanical damage whatsoever. It didn't fall or anything, I just turned it on yesterday morning and it didn't work.

What's happening? How can I fix this?

It's possible that the M11 thinks there is a 4.4 mm plug inserted even when there isn't. The Pentaconn connector (jack) has a switch that opens when the plug is fully inserted that's activated by the tip. Maybe look and see if the jack is clear of any debris and blow it out (gently). You could also try a few plug/un-plug cycles. It's a shot in the dark, of course, but it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back