[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 11, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #8,146 of 9,288
Did you ever get this resolved. I've noticed this is happening for me twice now. I rescanned it the first time and everything worked but now it's occurring again. Haven't played it since I rescanned it the first time. All songs are compatible with the device.

No, it was never resolved, the card is equally slow to scan in either card slot. I suppose next time I'll just try another brand of card and hope for the best.

Jun 13, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #8,147 of 9,288
I have an album that had bad album artists tags, so it was sorted as various artists in both Fiio Music and Poweramp. I deleted it from the M11, retagged it on my media server and re-added it. Rescanned the files (using both apps). Poweramp has now sorted it correctly, but Fiio Music has not. You can read the tag info in Poweramp and it is now correct.

What is wrong with Fiio Music? After the scanning it gives me a message that no new tracks have been added to the library, so I guess it it doesn't look hard enough to see the changed tags.

I expect the solution is to delete the files, rescan, re-add them and rescan again. But I shouldn't have to.

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #8,148 of 9,288
I have an album that had bad album artists tags, so it was sorted as various artists in both Fiio Music and Poweramp. I deleted it from the M11, retagged it on my media server and re-added it. Rescanned the files (using both apps). Poweramp has now sorted it correctly, but Fiio Music has not. You can read the tag info in Poweramp and it is now correct.

What is wrong with Fiio Music? After the scanning it gives me a message that no new tracks have been added to the library, so I guess it it doesn't look hard enough to see the changed tags.

I expect the solution is to delete the files, rescan, re-add them and rescan again. But I shouldn't have to.
I already add the same trouble with M9 and M11 pro. For me the easy way is to delete FIIO database et do a full rescan.Quite long but effective.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #8,152 of 9,288
I only have a 400 Go MicroSd and only 7414 title so not so long here :relaxed:
With 80'000 titles it's going to be a very long coffeebreak ... :)
Yep as we say here a CCC break (café clope caca ) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Btw I only have a 400 Go Microsd with 7414 titles so it is not so long.

80000 FLAC titles would take more than a TeraByte so not for me today .

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #8,154 of 9,288
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #8,156 of 9,288
Yes you can, though you will need to install additional codecs for movies/video in some cases.
Thanks, good to know it does work. I've considered the M11 after the disappointment of my M9, but I'm on the fence about how well it would do with Plex now and going forward. Can't decide between that or a smartphone upgrade.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #8,157 of 9,288
Thanks, good to know it does work. I've considered the M11 after the disappointment of my M9, but I'm on the fence about how well it would do with Plex now and going forward. Can't decide between that or a smartphone upgrade.

Has anyone Tried Plexamp? Not sure whether you need a Plex Pass or not but it's in the Play Store. Allows streaming of all tracks (including hires) from your server and seems to play them in Original resolution. To my ears sounds great and being audio only is a better interface then the full Plex app.

Question I have is how to tell if my 24-192 flac files are actually played at that res? The app claims they are and I can't see any transcoding going on server side. So are they using the hardware on the fiio or would it be done in software? As I said - to me it sounds good but I'd still like to know

Thanks

-Mat

Jun 15, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #8,158 of 9,288
Has anyone Tried Plexamp? Not sure whether you need a Plex Pass or not but it's in the Play Store. Allows streaming of all tracks (including hires) from your server and seems to play them in Original resolution. To my ears sounds great and being audio only is a better interface then the full Plex app.

Question I have is how to tell if my 24-192 flac files are actually played at that res? The app claims they are and I can't see any transcoding going on server side. So are they using the hardware on the fiio or would it be done in software? As I said - to me it sounds good but I'd still like to know

Thanks

-Mat
You do need a Plex Pass to use Plexamp. I use Roon and UAPP so I have not tried it As I need Tidal integration.

Jun 15, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #8,159 of 9,288
I migrated from an M9 and can say that there is a huge difference in usability. If you are using balanced there is a audible improvement but the major advantage is in the much faster and stable WiFi and the ability to use the Google Play Store for great apps like UAPP. The overall responsiveness is also signicantly improved. Unless you are looking at a smartphone with a great DAC sure as the V30, the M11 is well worth the $150 difference from the M9. It’s only disadvantage is size but you get a bigger screen and better battery life in exchange.

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #8,160 of 9,288
In FiiO music, is there any way to press play on a folder and it will play all the sub folders under neath, no matter how many levels deep? I really miss this feature from other players... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back