[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #7,861 of 9,288
Regarding the recent Album_Artist support, i just noticed that the option you choose in settings (Artist or Album_Artist display) unfortunately also affects the search.

That kinda makes sense as it's like a filter applied, so as soon as you have chosen one display mode, the other mode is like not here anymore.

But then, if you' re in Album_Artist display mode and want to search for an artist that would only be in the Artist tag, then you have to switch back to Artist display mode in order to find it :frowning2:

That is really not practical IMHO.

I understand this probably might be a more important UI re-design but it would have defnitely be better if the Album_Artist would not have been a setting option but just a new tab addition in the top bar. There is indeed enough room for adding a new icon in the top bar, i'm just adding a screen i made showing how this could look like :

Screenshot_20200411-113834++.jpg

Basically it's like providing Album_Artist 'AND' Artist instead of 'OR'.
In France, we prefer Caviar and Champagne instead of Caviar or Champagne :wink:

I would see at least 2 benefits for dealing with Album_Artists this way :

1° Switching between Artist and Album_Artist would be way faster (no need to go through settings)
2° Search should be working at the same time for Artist and Album_Artist (again, without requiring to change settings)

Not sure what others members in here might think about this ?

I hope @FiiO can take this suggestion into consideration for a future update.

Maybe if several members want this too, they will seriously consider updating this... ?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #7,863 of 9,288
@FiiO Just got my M11 yesterday and I've already discovered a bug in the new firmware.
Clicking on the settings icon causes it to exit out after a few seconds. I'm able to reproduce it everytime I open it.

Can you be a bit more descriptive please ? Which setting icon are you referring to ? Android settings ? Native Fiio player settings ?
Also can you define 'a few seconds' (2/5, 10, ...) ? And by 'exit out', you mean the unit shuts down or it's just the setting menu that disappear ?

On my end, i never noticed any exit after going in any of these settings so far and i guess if it was the case, many users would have already mention it.

Did you also try wiping your unit as per fiio's suggestion here ?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #7,866 of 9,288
Anyone else getting the bug I noted above? I'm still able to reproduce it.

YES, This happens if you uninstall the Google Play Store app. :rage: For some reason right after uninstalling Play Store, the M11 automatically reboots. After restarting, clicking on setup icon will cause setup window to open and close in 1 second. You no longer have access to setup. :pensive:

Apr 11, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #7,868 of 9,288
Strange. After uninstalling the Play Store to test the bug, I then wiped the cache and reset the device. After rebooting the M11, the Play store app was NOT restored for some reason. Wierd.

Also, Immediately after setting up WiFi, I got 14 more c3.sdkclickurl.com hits. (This is with supposedly with no Play Store installed)

20200411_123411.jpg

2020-04-11_12-26-24.jpg

Apr 11, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #7,870 of 9,288
Strange. After uninstalling the Play Store to test the bug, I then wiped the cache and reset the device. After rebooting the M11, the Play store app was NOT restored for some reason. Wierd.

But why would Play Store be 'restored' after a full factory reset when it was not included in the original device ? Do you mean that your reset did not return the unit to its original fw ? Beause if i'm not mistaken, Play Store is only here since the latest fw 1.0.9.

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #7,871 of 9,288
@FiiO
Are you able to weigh in on the low BT volume on the M6, M9 & M11 compared to other BT devices like android phones and Iphones I asked about in the M9 thread? Any possibility of a firmware update to increase output? Using same files and apps, 3 other devices dwarf my M9's output and have read the same about the M11 and M6.

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #7,873 of 9,288
@FiiO
Are you able to weigh in on the low BT volume on the M6, M9 & M11 compared to other BT devices like android phones and Iphones I asked about in the M9 thread? Any possibility of a firmware update to increase output? Using same files and apps, 3 other devices dwarf my M9's output and have read the same about the M11 and M6.
Have you tried maxing the bluetooth volume on the m11 and then use the bluetooth volume on the headset you are using (carefully of course!)?

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #7,874 of 9,288
Have you tried maxing the bluetooth volume on the m11 and then use the bluetooth volume on the headset you are using (carefully of course!)?
Thanks for replying. Yes, I have them both maxed out and have tried 3 different sets of bluetooth headphones. Ive tried toggling disable absolute volume as well. Mine is an M9, was just asking here cuz the M9 thread is quiet after posting extensively there and I have read through this whole thread to find out if upgrading to an M11 would fix it. There are numerous posts deeper in this thread about people who upgraded an M9 to M11 and BT volume being the exact same. In my tests I used the same files and apps on other android devices ensuring any normalization, etc. was turned off as well as the same files on my wifes iphone. The M9 bt volume is lower than all of them and by a decent enough margin that i cant get them to be loud enough to enjoy. After some back and forth testing Ive come to the conclusion that the problem is coming from the fiio devices and Im wondering if theres any hope for firmware fix helping raise the headroom. It seems like the other devices had 2-3 notches higher to go.

Wired to the M9 is no problem, lots of headroom. The same bluetooth headphones I own are no problem on all other devices ive tested using same files and apps when possible. The only temp solution ive found is to apply gain to my mp3's to the 95/96 db range, but that is not ideal as it clips a lot of the files.

Ive been tempted to upgrade to an M11 and had negotiated a deal with the vendor for a discount on it since ive had the M9 only a short time, but not if the same issue exists, which it does according to some in this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back