[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Feb 17, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #7,621 of 9,288
Software on the FiiO M11 Update?

Surely someone from FiiO will be present here?

How do I update the Roon app that is on the M11 from the FiiO Store?
On the one hand the app says it doesn't need an update on the other hand and on the one hand it shows me the Google PlayStore!

Attachments

• FiiO.jpg
    FiiO.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #7,623 of 9,288
Software on the FiiO M11 Update?

Surely someone from FiiO will be present here?

How do I update the Roon app that is on the M11 from the FiiO Store?
On the one hand the app says it doesn't need an update on the other hand and on the one hand it shows me the Google PlayStore!
Dear user,

You could download the apk file from the Google play store in your PC first. Then copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M11, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #7,626 of 9,288
I absolutely love the M11. It's the best sounding DAP ever because it has no soundstage. Just zero. Never heard anything with less soundstage before. Now that i have it i notice that the big soundstages always were obstructive in daily tasks. With the M11 i can do anything while hearing music and focus on other things like cooking, working or sports. I also only listen to music i would listen to with 10€ buds too now because i like it and not that gay audiophile crap like norah jones or diana krall just because it has good quality. I really hope Fiio will release something which sounds exactly equal when the M11 is outdated hardware- and softwarewise.

Handling, speed, and battery is also impressive and everythings works nice.

So if you want a DAP for daily use while doing other things like walking around in city, working, gym etc and you find a big soundstage distracting i highly recommend this DAP.

If you wanna celebrate an audiophile fiesta at home counting how far away the orchestral people are from each other this DAP might not suit you.

Edit: Didn't like the Pro version though. Bigger soundstage but overall worse sound than an average standalone dac/amp combination and less bang for your bucks.

Edit 2: closed cans sound claustrophobic as **** with this. So can only recommend it for IEMs.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #7,627 of 9,288
Hello.
Can anyone clarify:
in the FiiO Music app how "Auto-access to" in Settings is supposed to function?
Thanks.

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #7,628 of 9,288
I absolutely love the M11. It's the best sounding DAP ever because it has no soundstage. Just zero. Never heard anything with less soundstage before. Now that i have it i notice that the big soundstages always were obstructive in daily tasks. With the M11 i can do anything while hearing music and focus on other things like cooking, working or sports. I also only listen to music i would listen to with 10€ buds too now because i like it and not that gay audiophile crap like norah jones or diana krall just because it has good quality. I really hope Fiio will release something which sounds exactly equal when the M11 is outdated hardware- and softwarewise.

Handling, speed, and battery is also impressive and everythings works nice.

So if you want a DAP for daily use while doing other things like walking around in city, working, gym etc and you find a big soundstage distracting i highly recommend this DAP.

If you wanna celebrate an audiophile fiesta at home counting how far away the orchestral people are from each other this DAP might not suit you.

Edit: Didn't like the Pro version though. Bigger soundstage but overall worse sound than an average standalone dac/amp combination and less bang for your bucks.

Edit 2: closed cans sound claustrophobic as **** with this. So can only recommend it for IEMs.

This post was, uh, quite interesting... I can't really tell if you're being serious or not.

Feb 23, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #7,631 of 9,288
I have strange wifi internet problem, which started just recently. Connected to the wifi, maximum signal strength but no internet connection. All other devices connected to the same router, work without any problems. Changing the network, no change. I have 1 Gbit/s internet connection, so no bottlenecks. Switching the wifi on and off and rebooting the M11 few times gets the internet back.
Is there any Android setting for the internet to wake up with the wi-fi connected?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #7,635 of 9,288
I thought I had this sorted but I dont. I spent about 2 hours on this last night but no luck!

I'm trying to upload music to my M11 over wifi. I am using the ES File Explorer app and Filezilla on my computer.

I have my computer the my M11 on the same network, and can login to the M11 via Filezilla, but I can't upload any files to it. When I do I get the following message:

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\user\Music\Badlands\Voodoo Highway (7567-82251-2)\07 - Badlands - 3 Day Funk.mp3
Command: CWD /Badlands/Voodoo Highway (7567-82251-2)
Response: 550 Failed to change directory.
Command: CWD /Badlands
Response: 550 Failed to change directory.
Command: CWD /
Response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
Command: MKD Badlands
Response: 550 Directory create failed.
Error: File transfer failed

Can anyone help me with this please? I have my default directory on ES File Explorer set to /storage/external_sd1/

I've tried forwarding the port but still nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back