[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 20, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #4,291 of 9,288
Nice setup . How is the sound . I only have Q5 for the moment .
Still testing. But i will say the dac in the M11 sounds better than the one in the Q5 and the AM3D amp sound better than the amp in the M11.

The BA300S i am still messing around with. I think its awesome but certain combos it just is too intense (ex. M11+BA300S+FH7).

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #4,293 of 9,288
How does the am3d thx module sonically differentiate from the m11? Or do you like the tube sound better?

Curious :wink:
Almost the same really. The am3d has a bit more body in the bass and brighter treble. but the M11 amp a better impact in the bass. This is why I advise its not worth upgrading to the M11pro (unless its more than just a amp upgrade).

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #4,294 of 9,288
Almost the same really. The am3d has a bit more body in the bass but the M11 amp a better impact in the bass and the treble is brighter. This is why I advise its not worth upgrading to the M11pro (unless its more than just a amp upgrade).

Thanks loads for the info, only way I would 'upgrade' is if fiio made something that sounded like m11 but was smaller. I assume m11 pro is going to be the same body.

All the smaller daps I've tried don't sound as good as m11, except colofly u8 which sounds awesome in its own, way- but has tons of problems and is 1200 dollars. And the cowon I'd have to get to equal the m11 would probably be the 2000 dollar one. That's not going to happen. :wink:

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #4,295 of 9,288
Thanks loads for the info, only way I would 'upgrade' is if fiio made something that sounded like m11 but was smaller. I assume m11 pro is going to be the same body.

All the smaller daps I've tried don't sound as good as m11, except colofly u8 which sounds awesome in its own, way- but has tons of problems and is 1200 dollars. And the cowon I'd have to get to equal the m11 would probably be the 2000 dollar one. That's not going to happen. :wink:
The M11 can easily have the exact same sound as the AM3D just using the MSEB tuning on the HiBy Music App. It would be minor changes to it.

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #4,296 of 9,288
The M11 can easily have the exact same sound as the AM3D just using the MSEB tuning on the HiBy Music App. It would be minor changes to it.

As abitdeef said thanks for the info.

I must resist the urge for new gear I WILL resist lol

Juj

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #4,297 of 9,288
So after taking a Xanax and calming down I decided to give the M11 another try before returning it. The problems I had with my file transfers not being found was from the lack of patience. Both FIIO and Hiby music apps are extremely slow to rescan media. I mean I can stress how slow they are. Neutron is a little better only taking a minute or two. Blackplayer EX has a setting to rescan on opening the app and does it in about 30 seconds. When using Playerpro I use the media rescan in FX file manager and it too takes 30 seconds or less. The Hiby app on my ap80 takes almost 7 minutes to rescan the 250gb card in it. I just figured it was the device, turns out it has to be the software. I'll be using Playerpro from now on. I've used it on my Android devices for 5+ years because of the great UI and sound payback options.
Glad I gave the M11 a second chance. Love the screen, output options, speed and USB C connectivity. Though it's not a huge sound upgrade from the Pioneer 100 it's replacing, it is a major upgrade in every other way.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #4,298 of 9,288
Hi guys I got tin hifi p1 today and they're beautiful and sound great... but they hurt my ears, maybe a bit too heavy (stainless steel) and a fatter stem? Anyways if anybody in the US that wants to pick up the basic one brand new - 3.5 copper cable I will sell it shipped for early bird price USPS priority. Just PM me. Oh and they're probably not heavy but akt8ieii are as small and made of some ultralight alloy, so they are like feathers.

I paid 169.00 from linsouls website, early bird price is 149.00 I'll take 140.00.

Just letting ya know before I list them.

20190720_151820.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4,299 of 9,288
Hi guys I got tin hifi p1 today and they're beautiful and sound great... but they hurt my ears, maybe a bit too heavy (stainless steel) and a fatter stem? Anyways if anybody in the US that wants to pick up the basic one brand new - 3.5 copper cable I will sell it shipped for early bird price USPS priority. Just PM me. Oh and they're probably not heavy but akt8ieii are as small and made of some ultralight alloy, so they are like feathers.

I paid 169.00 from linsouls website, early bird price is 149.00

Just letting ya know before I list them.

Shame you are other side of the pond or else I'd have snached them up, GLWS

Juj

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #4,300 of 9,288
Shame you are other side of the pond or else I'd have snached them up, GLWS

Juj

Well the shipping seems so $$$ to do international, it's not that I wouldn't just everywhere I check the prices are so high

Like I can do USPS priority for about 10 bucks and they will have it in 2 to 3 days usually. But service to Canada is like 25 bucks, and service to UK, who knows now.

Yes I'm cursed trying to find iems and even regular headphones that don't make my ears ache. I do know if I injured my ears or if it's just from wearing iems so many years or what. But my ears didn't used to be so sensitive.

Ok sorry ot , someone will report me and I'll get banned again :frowning2:

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #4,301 of 9,288
I'll be using Playerpro from now on. I've used it on my Android devices for 5+ years because of the great UI and sound payback options.
is this app from BlastOn?
is it working smoothly?
i'm using playerpro for years now on my phone, and need the smart playlist the app include
on the fiio x5ii it didn't work well.
Thank you much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back