[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #3,512 of 9,288
Never subscribed to a thread by replying with a comment about sales taxes, but there might be a couple people who don’t know how US sales tax works and I’m joining the family when my m11 arrives tomorrow, so why not. :)

Sales taxes aren’t included in the prices of anything here. It’s typically 5-10% of the sales price, depending on what state/city/county you live in. (7.75% in my city) some states (like NH and OR) don’t have sales tax.

Anyways, with tax, the total price will be ~$485 for me. Not the 1:1 you mentioned as the norm but pretty close.

Attention Fiio: The M11 costs 499 Euro here in Germany. With a suggested USA retail price of 449$ this is unacceptable. I was very interested in the unit but at that pricepoint i wont be getting one. Please tell your distributors to stop beeing bloodsuckers.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #3,514 of 9,288
Never subscribed to a thread by replying with a comment about sales taxes, but there might be a couple people who don’t know how US sales tax works and I’m joining the family when my m11 arrives tomorrow, so why not. :)

Sales taxes aren’t included in the prices of anything here. It’s typically 5-10% of the sales price, depending on what state/city/county you live in. (7.75% in my city) some states (like NH and OR) don’t have sales tax.

Anyways, with tax, the total price will be ~$485 for me. Not the 1:1 you mentioned as the norm but pretty close.

The nice thing about the US is no custom charges or tax if you order internationally or from another state. I ordered from the official Fiio store on Ali Express and got free expedited dhl and had it in 3 days. 450.00 dollars out the door, and had it very early.

That's why in some ways it sucks that Amazon has warehouses and a distribution center in my state now, because now I have to pay sales tax if the item comes from one of them.

Anyways enjoy your m11, it's a real pip! Has to be the best value dap atm. Oh, and I just ordered a colorfly u8, probably one of the worst value daps atm :) but I'm a sucker for smaller daps.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #3,516 of 9,288
Thanks! Really looking forward to having it for an upcoming trip to Banff. Sold my last DAP a couple months ago and have just been using my phone with a dragonfly as my portable rig while deciding what to do next.

I actually ordered the same way as you did, just didn’t want to overly complicate my post.

Same for me on Amazon too. No way the state of California’s going to miss out an any tax revenue they can get.

The nice thing about the US is no custom charges or tax if you order internationally or from another state. I ordered from the official Fiio store on Ali Express and got free expedited dhl and had it in 3 days. 450.00 dollars out the door, and had it very early.

That's why in some ways it sucks that Amazon has warehouses and a distribution center in my state now, because now I have to pay sales tax if the item comes from one of them.

Anyways enjoy your m11, it's a real pip! Has to be the best value dap atm.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #3,518 of 9,288
Should be utterly amazing, and I'm assuming it will have full android services with Google play support. I mean as nice as m11 is this is going to be a must buy for me. A Christmas gift to myself perhaps? Lol

Too bad reselling market in my country is useless, only I and like 5 others in the whole country are interested in quality audio.

If I can resell the m11 when the time comes, I'd probably snatch a M11 Pro. All the wonders they talk about AAA amp section I wanna feel them first hand.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #3,519 of 9,288
Thanks! Really looking forward to having it for an upcoming trip to Banff. Sold my last DAP a couple months ago and have just been using my phone with a dragonfly as my portable rig while deciding what to do next.

I actually ordered the same way as you did, just didn’t want to overly complicate my post.

Same for me on Amazon too. No way the state of California’s going to miss out an any tax revenue they can get.

There are very few major complaints about m11, so that's a great sign right there. Google play access is probably the most common one, but you can use pretty much everything except stuff like uaap that's reliant on GP services. Yeah California needs those taxes ha ha. :frowning2:

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #3,520 of 9,288
Too bad reselling market in my country is useless, only I and like 5 others in the whole country are interested in quality audio.

If I can resell the m11 when the time comes, I'd probably snatch a M11 Pro. All the wonders they talk about AAA amp section I wanna feel them first hand.

Should be pretty easy to unload an m11. Especially on here.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #3,521 of 9,288
There are very few major complaints about m11, so that's a great sign right there. Google play access is probably the most common one, but you can use pretty much everything except stuff like uaap that's reliant on GP services.

I, on the other hand, will be very pleased with a music only device, no apps and crap, that's what my phone is for. For the longest time I was interested in a Sony WM1A, but they say this sounds just as good while costing a bit more than half the price.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #3,522 of 9,288
I, on the other hand, will be very pleased with a music only device, no apps and ****, that's what my phone is for. For the longest time I was interested in a Sony WM1A, but they say this sounds just as good while costing a bit more than half the price.

Yes only thing that's nice is like if you want to use another audio player. Other than that I agree a phone is superior for doing the android stuff. Oh yes I had 2 wm1a and the m11 is very similar sound wise, and m11 is faster and has much nicer screen.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #3,523 of 9,288
Having a DAP with a UI that’s even remotely as responsive, fluid, and lag free as any modern iOS/Android phone is one of the things I’m most excited about. Every single review seems to positively comment on this issue with the m11, which is what pushed me over the edge to buy.

Yes only thing that's nice is like if you want to use another audio player. Other than that I agree a phone is superior for doing the android stuff. Oh yes I had 2 wm1a and the m11 is very similar sound wise, and m11 is faster and has much nicer screen.

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #3,524 of 9,288

Well they do spend a lot on public programs in California and I can't even begin to imagine how costly the never ended forest fires are. Always so hard watching news stories of those fires. Enjoy your time in Banff, a little west of me but really nice part of the country for sure.

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #3,525 of 9,288
The fires are going to crush the state someday. I grew up here and they seem like they’ve gotten much more frequent. California’s budget and spending issues are hugely nuanced in wonky ways, like how the direct ballot system in the state constitution earmarks money for certain things, limiting how the legislature can use tax funds.

My wife’s from Calgary, so we’re trying to create a family tradition to visit the mountains of the motherland every couple years.

Well they do spend a lot on public programs in California and I can't even begin to imagine how costly the never ended forest fires are. Always so hard watching news stories of those fires. Enjoy your time in Banff, a little west of me but really nice part of the country for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back