[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 28, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #1,547 of 9,288
Now already real three brothers born from mother fiio. Each older and older and smarter. The oldest still wasn't born :) M3 an M7 for me like a person sons (John from GOT series)
But m6 begin really good new daps era from fiio. Of course if m6 had more powerful processor it could be really good.

May 28, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #1,548 of 9,288
Thanks bro, I can't believe how much value iems are packing in with such excellent tech these days.

It is in the Companies (FiiO included) to push the $$ = Sound Quality myth with help from willing shills who get free stuff and push that narrative

There are enough folks in 2019 that know that is total baloney. FH7 is a stunner. I got asked today if I take it over EE Bravado...I do.

Disclaimer: My #1 DAP (after reviewing Cayin N8, LPGT, DX200,WM1z etc.) is a 2014 Calyx Audio M that is slow/single ended,no EQ

May 28, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #1,549 of 9,288
You guys realise that as soon as everyone here has the M11 and FH7 in the bag, FiiO will announce the M13 and FH9? :sunglasses:
Oh c'mon... don't do this to me :laughing:

May 28, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,550 of 9,288
Well, Well some yellow guy just handed me this.

20190528_091219.jpg

I wonder what it is??? Oh ya doggo is helping me open it :wink:

May 28, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,551 of 9,288
Four days from China and one day to ship with no tax, free dhl Express shipping and no duties from Ali Express fiio store.

And now that Amazon has warehouses in my state, I have to pay tax on anything that is shipped from them. So the Ali way isn't a bad way to go if you live where there is no duties.

Anyways, shrink wrapped- always a good sign

20190528_092034.jpg

May 28, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #1,552 of 9,288
Four days from China and one day to ship with no tax, free dhl Express shipping and no duties from Ali Express fiio store.

And now that Amazon has warehouses in my state, I have to pay tax on anything that is shipped from them. So the Ali way isn't a bad way to go if you live where there is no duties.

Nice! Now quick, we need impressions! :)

Also how does FiiO warranty work? Does the device have to be shipped back to China if something goes wrong?

May 28, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #1,553 of 9,288
Simply put FH7 are the best sounding IEMs I have ever tested, to me they sound better than FA7, than JH13PRO, than IE800 and IE800S and much better than SE846.
I lost my words when I put them on...OMG would be the best description.
Would be great if you can compare the bass levels to the FH5...from early reviews it seems bass levels are down on the FH7, treble is up...which means when used with the M11, which is itself quite neutral, the FH7 could potentially sound a bit too thin and analytical compared to the FH5. Just guessing here, keenly await your review with track examples it possible.

May 28, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,555 of 9,288
Yeah waiting also some info about fh7 as fh5 not so ideal for me. I like low end and bass and yesterday specially compared them in the shop with my kanas pro and fa7. So Fh5 has much low in subbass region, but it is not controlled enough and in my opinion kanas pro has better subbass control and in quantity not less or even more than fh5.

May 28, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #1,558 of 9,288
Nice! Now quick, we need impressions! :)

Also how does FiiO warranty work? Does the device have to be shipped back to China if something goes wrong?

Ok very quick impressions, it's fantastic! And I'm kind of past the point of new toy syndrome because I've tried so many new daps lately.

Smooth as silk, scanned very, very fast and on first raw out of the box, I like the sound More, yes better than dx220. To me it's got the same nice stage and detail/resolution (whatever you want to call it) as the dx220- that is everything is presented with plenty of space around each instrument and it has it's own place in the imaginary soundstage.

I was worried the soundstage wouldn't be as nice, but it is. Now out of the box the m11 sounds more exciting/dynamic and even a touch more open? than the 220 with stock amp. And I've tried to match the volume as close as possible too.

There is a softer cymbal type instrument in the background on Laika by Bluetech that starts around the 2:50 mark on that track. It seemed it was a bit clearer on the m11, as if the treble is just a bit stronger.

I was going to say I think the bass was more pronounced on 220, but the second track Fold and arrive, well the m11 bass is hitting hard and still sounds a bit more clearer livelier than dx220. To my ears they are very similar, and I prefer at this point the m11's more slightly energetic presentation.

I great stuff fiio, anybody wants a good price on a mint dx220 PM me.

Oh I used my akt8ieii out of balanced 2.5 for both. Wow, I keep switching to make sure my ears and mind aren't playing tricks on me and I just can't find hardly any difference. I'm listening to Joe Satriani and I hear the same floating around my head in 3d space as the dx220 on flying in a blue dream :)

Wow again! Excellent job fiio, will post more pictures.

20190528_094851.jpg

May 28, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,559 of 9,288
Ok very quick impressions, it's fantastic! And I'm kind of past the point of new toy syndrome because I've tried so many new daps lately.

Smooth as silk, scanned very, very fast and on first raw out of the box, I like the sound More, yes better than dx220. To me it's got the same nice stage and detail/resolution (whatever you want to call it) as the dx220- that is everything is presented with plenty of space around each instrument and it has it's own place in the imaginary soundstage.

I was worried the soundstage wouldn't be as nice, but it is. Now out of the box the m11 sounds more exciting/dynamic and even a touch more open? than the 220 with stock amp. And I've tried to match the volume as close as possible too.

There is a softer cymbal type instrument in the background on Laika by Bluetech that starts around the 2:50 mark on that track. It seemed it was a bit clearer on the m11, as if the treble is just a bit stronger.

I was going to say I think the bass was more pronounced on 220, but the second track Fold and arrive, well the m11 bass is hitting hard and still sounds a bit more clearer livelier than dx220. To my ears they are very similar, and I prefer at this point the m11's more slightly energetic presentation.

I great stuff fiio, anybody wants a good price on a mint dx220 PM me.

Oh I used my akt8ieii out of balanced 2.5 for both. Wow, I keep switching to make sure my ears and mind aren't playing tricks on me and I just can't find hardly any difference. I'm listening to Joe Satriani and I hear the same floating around my head in 3d space as the dx220 on flying in a blue dream :)

Wow again! Excellent job fiio, will post more pictures.

Maybe with amp 8 DX220 is better, but to these ears they are very, very close and like I said I prefer the sound of the m11 personality so far. Got to do some work.

May 28, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #1,560 of 9,288

Good grief mine is taking a lot longer! I ordered on the 14th and still haven't received it yet in Canada. Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back