[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #121 of 9,288
Sorry but there are something need to be clarified.

1, Usually we will make 100~200 before the mass production , and this batch is used to do some quality testing and also sent to some users/reviewers to get some feedback so we can improve the design and fix some bugs before mass production.

2, Usually we will make thousands in the first batch , it is not for test cause we will lost lots of money if there are any quality issues which can't accept.

3, The main reason why it is only for sale in China is there are huge different between China and outside China in the firmware, for example, in China no one care about the Googly play and we use different Apps, so it is more easy to us to sell in China first.

4, Please remember that we are a Chinese brand and it is more logic to sell in China first. and usually the first batch can't fulfill the market demand.

5, The reason we put some on Aliexpress is because some head-fi'er are eager to try it first, and they have more experience than other people , and they care about the sound quality than

the firmware issues .

of course, we will not encourage that everyone to buy the M11, we just provide it to you and you decide whether you should.

Hi James, thanks for the update. A couple questions:

1) Are there limitations on the Aliexpress (Chinese) version that the international version will not have? Can international firmware be loaded onto this device in the future?

2) Can the M11 upsample Tidal to DSD and output via USB?

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #122 of 9,288
Hi everyone,

In Philippines running a school trip, away from computers and don't have time to put proper feedback in here on my phone.

Please check the old thread for my feedback on the EXCELLENT M11. Tidal and Spotify, no problem. Insanely worthwhile upgrade to x5iii. I'll copy paste my old stuff into here when I'm back, but for now a lot of your questions are answered over there. Someone put a link to it earlier - maybe throw another one here if you can.

That post about Fiio using the Chinese market as a beta test is offensive. Chinese company, released product in China first while international version development continues. That's all.

This device is definitely ready for primetime. Love it more each day.
I appreciate this post very much.:smile_phones:

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #123 of 9,288
upload_2019-4-4_9-58-55.png

upload_2019-4-4_9-59-27.png

upload_2019-4-4_10-0-1.png

upload_2019-4-4_10-0-34.png

upload_2019-4-4_10-1-11.png

upload_2019-4-4_10-1-47.png

upload_2019-4-4_10-2-50.png

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #126 of 9,288

1, Usually we will make 100~200 before the mass production , and this batch is used to do some quality testing and also sent to some users/reviewers to get some feedback so we can improve the design and fix some bugs before mass production.

2, Usually we will make thousands in the first batch , it is not for test cause we will lost lots of money if there are any quality issues which can't accept.

3, The main reason why it is only for sale in China is there are huge different between China and outside China in the firmware, for example, in China no one care about the Googly play and we use different Apps, so it is more easy to us to sell in China first.

4, Please remember that we are a Chinese brand and it is more logic to sell in China first. and usually the first batch can't fulfill the market demand.

5, The reason we put some on Aliexpress is because some head-fi'er are eager to try it first, and they have more experience than other people , and they care about the sound quality than

the firmware issues .

of course, we will not encourage that everyone to buy the M11, we just provide it to you and you decide whether you should.

Hey James,

But the hardware is 100% exactly the same, or there is a chance of minor modifications?

Thx @JamesFiiO

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #127 of 9,288
HI james.

I have Purchased of Ali Express yesterday,am I still able to load Spotify and Tidal via APK"s ?

Regards

sure, we will put most important music Apps on our small market in the future. just like what we done in our X5III/X7/X7MK2

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #128 of 9,288

the firmware issues .

Hi James, and thank you for the information!
As the others, I'm interested to know if they will be some limitations for the chance to get it earlier.
Ho, and I'd like th thank FiiO for the attention the brand give to us, it is really appreciating

HI james.

I have Purchased of Ali Express yesterday,am I still able to load Spotify and Tidal via APK"s ?

Regards
I hope, and I think so. The question is more : how hard will it be? We even don't know which firmwire version is installed on the ones we purchased. As it is, even for China version, Android based, it may be possible to install the ROM of your choice. But this was not the goal of our purchase so wait and see before worrying

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #129 of 9,288
Hi everyone,

In Philippines running a school trip, away from computers and don't have time to put proper feedback in here on my phone.

Please check the old thread for my feedback on the EXCELLENT M11. Tidal and Spotify, no problem. Insanely worthwhile upgrade to x5iii. I'll copy paste my old stuff into here when I'm back, but for now a lot of your questions are answered over there. Someone put a link to it earlier - maybe throw another one here if you can.

That post about Fiio using the Chinese market as a beta test is offensive. Chinese company, released product in China first while international version development continues. That's all.

This device is definitely ready for primetime. Love it more each day.

THANKS

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 4, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #130 of 9,288

the firmware issues .

3. As we already know there will be no Google Play or Google services. I accept it and it is no problem for me. Will the international version be different regarding preinstalled apps?

5. The firmware will eventually be fixed if there are issues so no problem here as well for me. Will there be two different firmware versions for China and International units?

Additional question. Will anything be different in the AliExpress units compared to units that are going to be sold in official distibution in Europe?

Will appreciate your answers, @JamesFiiO

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #132 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO: I understand no Google Play or Google services but any Qobuz support? Thanks.
Seriously guys how often does James have to repeat himself? It’s open Android. Supports any and all Android apps as long as you can get an apk. Search this thread as well - it’s been discussed elsewhere.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #133 of 9,288
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #134 of 9,288
To all owner of M11, I am on the edge of pull my trigger getting one from AliX. I am still using DX150 (with amp8) as my primary DAP as well as DX90j - Had X5iii but I am not fully satisfied with the sound output.
If any owners here can recommend the plus' over DX150 + Amp8, DX90 and X5iii will be appreciated.
I'm very curious about this as well. I know there will be less flexibility due to the lack of swap-able amp modules but I'm really interested in the UI.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #135 of 9,288
Up for pre order on amp3 in the uk. 10 percent off code works to bring it down to £404.00 Tempted to get one but how is the battery life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back