[FiiO KA17] Mini desktop-class amp, flagship dongle is officially released!
Mar 17, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #406 of 707
I want to ask one small thing - if I adjust the equalizer on the FiiO KA17 via my phone, will these settings work when I connect it to my computer?
Yes, you save your custom EQ to one of the 3 slots and then just make sure you have one of those selected (via the OLED screen) when it's connected to your computer.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #408 of 707
V0.99 firmware has greatly improved my KA17. Thank you!

I do have an issue. Using an iPhone 14 Pro Max listening to Apple Music streaming Apple Lossless/Hi-Res: if I enable the EQ on any setting, I can no longer hear the music. Once I turn off EQ I can then hear the music again.

Is this expected? Seems like a bug to me.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #409 of 707
V0.99 firmware has greatly improved my KA17. Thank you!

I do have an issue. Using an iPhone 14 Pro Max listening to Apple Music streaming Apple Lossless/Hi-Res: if I enable the EQ on any setting, I can no longer hear the music. Once I turn off EQ I can then hear the music again.

Is this expected? Seems like a bug to me.
Have you tried changing the eq from the app and from the device. Does it not work when set from both methods?

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #412 of 707
I don't have an Android device so I can only change it on the KA17 device itself.
Oof, that's unfortunate. I hope fiio finally makes an effort to improve the experience of their users that are in the apple ecosystem. An app and firmware update support from Mac devices would really help. (As a Mac user whose friends also happen to be Mac users, I have no way to update my ka17)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #413 of 707
For all seriousness, an entry level Intel based mini PC with Windows already installed will only cost half of KA17. All you need is to have a keyboard, a mouse, and some kind of screen (TV with HDMI input will do) to have a working PC that you can update your KA17, or any simple application you need to do on Windows. Yes, it won't be fast enough to play any games or any heavy computing task, but it is an excellent tool / backup system to have. You can ever set it up as a media box or streaming solution of sort. A small price to pay especially if you consider how much any Apple products is costing these days.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #414 of 707
Oof, that's unfortunate. I hope fiio finally makes an effort to improve the experience of their users that are in the apple ecosystem. An app and firmware update support from Mac devices would really help. (As a Mac user whose friends also happen to be Mac users, I have no way to update my ka17)
Actually, you can use bootcamp to install windows on your mac temporarily to do the firmware update. Haven't tried it yet on my macbook as i do not have the KA17, but i think it should work. It is a little troublesome and takes some time to go through the process of using bootcamp to get windows on your mac, but at least you don't have to buy a windows PC.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #415 of 707

why should they? Look at the user numbers:
Microsoft Windows is the most used at 72.99%, followed by Apple's macOS at 16.13%, and Google's ChromeOS at 1.76%, and desktop Linux at 3.77%.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #416 of 707
Hello everyone,

I recently received the Fiio KA17 and used it with my TGXEar Serratus, but I noticed that the sound was not as loud as I expected. My setup consists of a Samsung S24 phone, Apple Music, and the Fiio KA17 at 50% volume on my phone. Even the sound seemed a bit muffled and not what I have come to expect of the Serratus. I confirmed my doubts when I tried the same setup with my Fiio KA3 and found that it was too loud at 50%, so I had to bring down the volume a notch. The notes were a lot crisper as well on the KA3. In both cases, I used balanced 4.4 output

I tried different settings such as changing the volume to 100/120, changing the filter settings, gain on/off, and desktop mode (which did increase the volume slightly). However, the KA3 seemed to be much better than KA17 for the Serratus. I wonder if there is something I am doing incorrectly.

Also, I noticed that the volume is okay when I use the Fiio JD7 or the Fiio FF3. I updated the firmware to the latest version (v0.99), but it didn't seem to change much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #417 of 707
Oof, that's unfortunate. I hope fiio finally makes an effort to improve the experience of their users that are in the apple ecosystem. An app and firmware update support from Mac devices would really help.

Actually, you can use bootcamp to install windows on your mac temporarily to do the firmware update. Haven't tried it yet on my macbook as i do not have the KA17, but i think it should work. It is a little troublesome and takes some time to go through the process of using bootcamp to get windows on your mac, but at least you don't have to buy a windows PC.
I've tried parallels with my M1 air, doesn't work on . Can't bootcamp because it's apple silicone so parallels is the only option. I've tried windows 7 pcs at internet cafes too, which don't let you run the setup for updating the KA17.

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #418 of 707
Hi, im an iphone 14 pro max user, and thinking of getting this KA17 to pair with simgot ea1000 and iphone pro max.

will the KA17 work with the fiio typeC-lightning cable ? so i can directly connect the KA17 to iphone lightning port.

or the KA17 wont have power ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 19.23.08.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 19.23.08.png
    728.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #419 of 707
I've tried parallels with my M1 air, doesn't work on . Can't bootcamp because it's apple silicone so parallels is the only option. I've tried windows 7 pcs at internet cafes too, which don't let you run the setup for updating the KA17.
I wonder if it works on bootcamp.. but I already have another PC so I'm safe. :smiley:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #420 of 707
I wonder if it works on bootcamp.. but I already have another PC so I'm safe. :smiley:
It will work with Bootcamp if you have an Intel MacBook - but the latest M1/M2/M3 'Apple SOC' based MacBooks cannot dual boot with an intel based Windows setup.

As for the person asking about an internet cafe - the FiiO update process requires a FiiO Windows driver installed and I am guess the machines in the internet would bar someone updating their setup (would be a security issue letting 'random' people install new device drivers on their PC's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back