FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #2,176 of 2,223
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #2,177 of 2,223
Hello, did anyone have a chance to compare Fiio K9PRO to the Sony TA-ZH1ES dac/amp? Would Sony still be better for transferring the signal to powered monitors through the pre outs? I like the idea that Fiio K9PRO has the balanced XLR line outs, which Sony doesn't. That's the only thing that the Sony dac is missing. Apart form the ESS Sabre chip :smile:

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #2,178 of 2,223
I noticed awhile back Fiio posted about being able to remove the knob with a wire. The knob on my K9 Pro ESS isn't level so one side is closer to the amp which gives it a wobbling effect when you rotate it. I was able to just pull mine off with rubber gloves to inspect it. Not sure if it's like this on all units since they mentioned glue, but it might be helpful for anyone else wondering about replacing the knob etc.

eeu0il.jpg

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #2,179 of 2,223
I noticed awhile back Fiio posted about being able to remove the knob with a wire. The knob on my K9 Pro ESS isn't level so one side is closer to the amp which gives it a wobbling effect when you rotate it. I was able to just pull mine off with rubber gloves to inspect it. Not sure if it's like this on all units since they mentioned glue, but it might be helpful for anyone else wondering about replacing the knob etc.

eeu0il.jpg
Humm, a Razer keyboard on your desk?

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #2,181 of 2,223
Just a deskmat I won at PAX a few years ago, I have a Duck Octagon V1 keyboard. The deskmat is about 300mm x 900mm vs the usual 900mm x 400mm most deskmats are which makes it the only one that fits my desk so I just kept it :)
Out of curiosity, I just looked up the specs of FiiO’s desk pad - it’s 80cm x 30cm (800mm x 300mm), so although it’s a bit shorter, if your Razer one wore out, depth-wise you could replace it with the FiiO one.

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #2,182 of 2,223
Out of curiosity, I just looked up the specs of FiiO’s desk pad - it’s 80cm x 30cm (800mm x 300mm), so although it’s a bit shorter, if your Razer one wore out, depth-wise you could replace it with the FiiO one.
Ahh thanks I'll take a look! It definitely could use replacing, that's gotta be the first one I've heard of with a different height like mine :k701smile:

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #2,183 of 2,223
Ahh thanks I'll take a look! It definitely could use replacing, that's gotta be the first one I've heard of with a different height like mine :k701smile:
It’s only US$5… but the shipping is way more than that. The best way to buy one would be alongside another product that gets your total price into free shipping territory. 🙂

Link to it on FiiO’s official store:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805091737409.html

I guess its full name is the FiiO F2051H Desktop Mouse Pad.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #2,185 of 2,223
Hello!
What type of jack would you recommend Sony 4.4mm TRRRS Balanced or Neutrik 4-pin XLR Balanced (Male)?
I use:
Fiio K9 PRO (AKM)
HiFiMAN Edition XS
Thank you.
4-pin XLR (or dual 3-pin XLR) is the “gold standard” for professional (analog) applications. It also does the best at keeping each wire separate at all times. However, it is bulky.

The 4.4mm “Pentaconn” connector is smaller and nicer for consumer use. Its only downside, really, is that when plugging or unplugging it from a socket, the wrong connections may (briefly) come into contact. It’s best not to plug or unplug it while the socket is active. The same potential problem exists for all Tip/Ring/Sleeve designs though, not just 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #2,188 of 2,223
Thank you for the answer.
If they are equal according to the sound, then which one should I choose?
Of all my amps only 2 support xlr.The rest 4.4. It's als possible to buy a converter from 4.4 to 6.3 ,3.5 or 2.2 if necessary. Also it's easy to find on AliExpress or Amazon some 4.4 cables. So me i would buy 4.4

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #2,189 of 2,223
I'd also get 4.4mm due to it being smaller and more portable. This next part is more about the aesthetics, but a 4.4mm cable -> XLR adapter keeps the chonkiness at the end of the cable right at the amp, rather than XLR cable -> 4.4mm adapter which puts a big chonky block in the middle of the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back