FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Feb 24, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #901 of 1,436
Yep, i have. So the application gets stuck at "Please power on or reset the chip" screen.
Pressing the reset switch on the flashing device does nothing.
After a while it crashes with a Blue screen of death.

I tried it many times on different computers at this point with no luck.

I am in contact with them but I've exhausted all my options at this point.
Maybe I'll try again this weekend but I don't think the outcome will change at all.
Try not to hold the firmware update tool at right angles to the K7 board. Tilt the tool all the way, and hold it very tightly. The most important thing is that the red LED on the instrument is always lit during the firmware update process. If the red LED flashes or is not lit, this means that the contact is lost. You should empirically find such a position at the instrument when the red LED is always on, the instrument should not hang out.

I myself suffered a little at this stage, but after that I slightly tilted the tool for updating the firmware in relation to the K7 board and caught the position when the contact did not disappear and the red LED was always on, after which the button on the tool worked.

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #903 of 1,436
FIIO K71.jpg
FIIO K73.jpg

Mini review

Bass: These are bit punchier than the JDS Atom, though both have similar extension.
Mids: There is one difference and it's most notable on the 660S2's upper mid peak where the JDS Atom pierces in an upper mid section like it's glaring, but the K7 will round this off to be a lot more bearable for vocal works. The JDS Atom sounds slightly clearer though.
Treble: Smooth and controlled unlike the JDS Atom where it doesn't hold back on treble presence. The JDS Atom wins here when it comes to high hats since it's more rough sounding and airy, so it ends up sounding like there's more treble detail.
Soundstage: K7 focuses more on sounds in front, and isn't as wide as the JDS Atom.

Sidenotes: It seems like the K7 applies this smooth glaze over the mids and treble that sounds fantastic with wood and wind instruments. Due to the narrower soundstage, I prefer using the K7 with the HD600 that is slightly wider sounding than the HD660S2. I wish I still had my Sundaras , the K7 would have been fantastic on these.
The HD660S2 sounds too narrow with the K7, and benefits from a wider and airier presentation from the JDS Atom.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #906 of 1,436
Linear PSU grau de áudio >> K5 / K7 / DX3pro .....
50w
12v - 15v
3A
1.5Kg
US 98,00 Aliexpress

S792827c1161344bfa1bc3ccf2341d813n.jpg_480x480Q90.webp
I wouldn't trust that kind of aliexpress LPS... for slightly more you can just get the PL50 from fiio themselves which at least if it has any problems it has a warranty backed by fiio and not some random people that might disappear when you have issues...
And the PL50 is made for the k7/q7/m17, and has better quality components.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #907 of 1,436
So what batch of Fiio K7 have that volume down to zero problem? all from Revision 1.22? is that the latest batch? considering getting one but read those bug on previous comments worry me since i dont want to go trough the hassle processes.

Feb 28, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #908 of 1,436
So what batch of Fiio K7 have that volume down to zero problem? all from Revision 1.22? is that the latest batch? considering getting one but read those bug on previous comments worry me since i dont want to go trough the hassle processes.

I would hold off for a bit. I assume Fiio is going to patch all new batches produced from now on, and probably the ones they hold in stock.

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #909 of 1,436
There are rumors that an updated version of the K7 with bluetooth may be released at the end of this year. Maybe there will be other changes besides bluetooth. I am sure that after some complaints about the volume drop in the regular K7, FiiO will not allow the new K7 to the market with the same problem. So I can recommend that you wait a bit with the purchase, especially if you do not want to take apart and reassemble the device to update its firmware in case of problems.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #910 of 1,436
There are rumors that an updated version of the K7 with bluetooth may be released at the end of this year. Maybe there will be other changes besides bluetooth. I am sure that after some complaints about the volume drop in the regular K7, FiiO will not allow the new K7 to the market with the same problem. So I can recommend that you wait a bit with the purchase, especially if you do not want to take apart and reassemble the device to update its firmware in case of problems.
There are no rumors.
FiiO confirmed that they are going to release a Bluetooth version of the K7 with everything else exactly the same.

Feb 28, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #911 of 1,436
There are no rumors.
FiiO confirmed that they are going to release a Bluetooth version of the K7 with everything else exactly the same.
Thank you. Well then, the news is even better.

Feb 28, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #912 of 1,436
I don't need bluetooth to be honest, just pure for my desktop needs and want to have AKM source beside my M11 plus ESS.

But if it is priced the same or just few bucks more, i considering the Bluetooth as a bonus.

On other option, there is an used K7 so i might pick it up for less cost but not sure if it has same sudden volume down problem.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #913 of 1,436
Quoting FiiO

"Therefore, we are planning to release the Bluetooth version of the K7, the K7 BT in June, for users who need Bluetooth input. All in all, the K7 BT mainly differs from the K7 with an additional Bluetooth receiving function. Other designs, configurations and appearance are the same."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back