FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Feb 20, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #871 of 1,453
probably or fortunately my k7 works flawless. used only usb audio via fiio cables(bought seperately) for the k7 with usb C / lightening.

tried both 3.5 & 4.4. liked the 4.4 balanced performance better. using iems like final audio a4000, e5000, fiio fdx.

k7 starts sounding better after 15-30 mins of usage, just my personal impressions.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #872 of 1,453
I changed it to 41000hz and it stays blue. If I change to a higher hz it goes green. I cant get it to turn yellow at all. I got the latest driver installed too. Am i missing something? Fiio have not replied to my emails. Poor customer service I must say. I am playing no DSD music so why is it stuck on green? It turns blue when you switch it on.
You are probably confusing yellow with green. The fact is that yellow in K7 is essentially light green, while green for DSD files is a rich green color. Below are photos of flowers, in order:

1. Turquoise - sampling rate ≤ 48kHz
2. Yellow (light green) - sampling rate >48kHz
3. Green (saturated) - DSD.

I suspect that you are just confusing these color shades, since they are very similar.

Attachments

• Sampling rate ≤ 48kHz.jpg
    Sampling rate ≤ 48kHz.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Sampling rate >48kHz.jpg
    Sampling rate >48kHz.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSD.jpg
    DSD.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #873 of 1,453
@FiiO Are you guys developing a software/tool to update the K7 firmware or we need the external USB bridge no matter what?
I have the 1.22 ver. and i'm facing the same volume issue,it randomly drops to 0 and then it goes back to normal.
Dear friend,

Sorry about that. Please send email to support@fiio.com and we will check more details with you via email. Thanks in advance!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 20, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #874 of 1,453
you have to change/set it to 41000 hz for it to works properly... what player you using to plays your music? did the correct sample is being capture in the USB control panel? mind sending us a videos the process, by default is Blue when u you turn on and nothing is playing...

as for your poor customer service I don't quite agree, I can say they are not so fast if you compared to their Chinese counterpart... I always get instant response in their Taobao store...
When I change to 41000hz it only stays blue. It does not play hi-res. If I go 48000hz and above it goes this greeny yellow colour. Even when set to 384000hz it won’t go blue when playing 16bit 44100.

Feb 20, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #875 of 1,453
You are probably confusing yellow with green. The fact is that yellow in K7 is essentially light green, while green for DSD files is a rich green color. Below are photos of flowers, in order:

I suspect that you are just confusing these color shades, since they are very similar.
I think I maybe confused. Question is when I play non hd track why does it stay yellow ? I thought it would go blue.

Feb 20, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #876 of 1,453
When I change to 41000hz it only stays blue. It does not play hi-res. If I go 48000hz and above it goes this greeny yellow colour. Even when set to 384000hz it won’t go blue when playing 16bit 44100.
Blue is default color, so when there is nothing to be played, it stays Blue... ignore the hi-res since I not sure what Hz your song is, as long as it change color as per @Kegra said earlier, then your K7 is working just fine... about your last sentence about set to 384kHz and won't go other color, that is an incorrect setting where the output sample rate is fixed... and why non HD track stay yellow you need to see what sample rate is the song, if >48kHz, then is yellow...

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #877 of 1,453
Blue is default color, so when there is nothing to be played, it stays Blue... ignore the hi-res since I not sure what Hz your song is, as long as it change color as per @Kegra said earlier, then your K7 is working just fine... about your last sentence about set to 384kHz and won't go other color, that is an incorrect setting where the output sample rate is fixed... and why non HD track stay yellow you need to see what sample rate is the song, if >48kHz, then is yellow...

How do I get it to go blue. Is it correct that I set it at 32bit 384000hz? I use Amazon music HD. When I play a cd quality flac it stays on yellow. It’s blue when initially switch it on.

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #878 of 1,453
How do I get it to go blue. Is it correct that I set it at 32bit 384000hz? I use Amazon music HD. When I play a cd quality flac it stays on yellow. It’s blue when initially switch it on.
you just need to set your windows output sample rate to 41000Hz, and you download the song link below and play via your player, each song will change your K7 to Blue, Yellow and Green accordingly... if it does change color then your K7 works fine and setting is correct, what gives problem is your Amazon music HD

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AuKPBDxdpHmVOL0ZVVhk6MJrbR-OH_xq?usp=share_link

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #879 of 1,453
you just need to set your windows output sample rate to 41000Hz, and you download the song link below and play via your player, each song will change your K7 to Blue, Yellow and Green accordingly... if it does change color then your K7 works fine and setting is correct, what gives problem is your Amazon music HD

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AuKPBDxdpHmVOL0ZVVhk6MJrbR-OH_xq?usp=share_link
Surely I’m not getting 24 bit 192000 if I select 41000. ? I’m new to desktop audio so do apologise.

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #880 of 1,453

Hi I changed setting to 41000 hz as you advised me to do. I played all tracks apart from dsd as it says i need a player. The first track was blue as expected. The second which was hi-res played in blue. I am bamboozled as to whats happening. Apparently the K7 does not support Amazon HD Music from what I read.

Feb 20, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #883 of 1,453
Hi I changed setting to 41000 hz as you advised me to do. I played all tracks apart from dsd as it says i need a player. The first track was blue as expected. The second which was hi-res played in blue. I am bamboozled as to whats happening. Apparently the K7 does not support Amazon HD Music from what I read.
Which audio protocol are you using (asuming you run Amazon music on a Windows 10/11 PC)? WASAPI Exclusive? ASIO?

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #885 of 1,453
you mind telling us what player you using? and when second song is being played, what does the Fiio USB capture? can screenshot the sample rate it shows? how can K7 does not support Amazon HD music? K7 is just a dac/amp not DAP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back