FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #946 of 1,452
Sir, Opening a Device to update the firmware isn't something the end user should do on a brand new product. Let's be honest,you released a product with a flawed firmware and now the end user who spent they hard earned cash should tinker with the device to have a normal functioning one? Something isn't right.
I agree. There should be a bit of transparency here for people that have already purchased the product and are wanting to know basic information regarding a firmware update. I am within the return window, and would happily ship mine back for an exact echange for an updated firmware device. Mistakes happen and I understand this, but there should be an announcement made about the K7 if an update is in the works.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #947 of 1,452
Noticed the K7 is unavailable again on Amazon. Wonder what’s going on.

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #948 of 1,452
Haven't had any issues with my unit. Just purchased it from Amazon (UK). Firmware is 1.22.

What should I be on the lookout for? Volume suddenly dropping and going up again?

Mar 16, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #949 of 1,452
Sir, Opening a Device to update the firmware isn't something the end user should do on a brand new product. Let's be honest,you released a product with a flawed firmware and now the end user who spent they hard earned cash should tinker with the device to have a normal functioning one? Something isn't right.

Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

As a user as well, I can fully understand your feeling. So we are providing different solutions to the users who met this problem and trying our best to solve this problem well.

Actually, the quantities of K7 users who met the volume dropping problem are very small. And we it took us a long time to reproduce the same phenomenon.

But we are so sorry that we did not provide a more easy method for solving that and bring the problem to our users.

We should have avoided the same mistake next time.

If you have met that problem as well, you could try to contact support@fiio.com about that. Thanks in advance!

We apologize for any inconvenience again!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 16, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #950 of 1,452
Noticed the K7 is unavailable again on Amazon. Wonder what’s going on.
Dear friend,

It is out of stock currently. If everything goes well, it will be available again at about next month.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 16, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #951 of 1,452
Heya just got the Fiio K7 off amazon from the warehouse. Was 2 bucks more lol. Package was beat but device seems fine. My only issue is no matter what bit rate I play on this thing the ring never changes from like a teal. I have tried playing so FLAC I have on my computer Quboz and Spotify still no change. I have the K7 paired with HD650 with balanced cable. Are these normal operations or broken? I thought anything higher than 48 was supposed to initiate a change. Still new to the whole audio thing as far as the nitty gritty.

No need now lol. I swear I searched first then browsed a fair few pages EXCEPT page 60. Found my answer.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #952 of 1,452
Heya just got the Fiio K7 off amazon from the warehouse. Was 2 bucks more lol. Package was beat but device seems fine. My only issue is no matter what bit rate I play on this thing the ring never changes from like a teal. I have tried playing so FLAC I have on my computer Quboz and Spotify still no change. I have the K7 paired with HD650 with balanced cable. Are these normal operations or broken? I thought anything higher than 48 was supposed to initiate a change. Still new to the whole audio thing as far as the nitty gritty.

No need now lol. I swear I searched first then browsed a fair few pages EXCEPT page 60. Found my answer.
Hi,
I don't have a lot of experience and had the same question the first time I got my K7. It says "The indicator lights are displayed in different colors according to different sampling rates, respectively: 48k and below display blue; 48K or more display yellow; and DSD display green."
I discovered that almost all what I'm listening to no matter flack or hi-rez are less than 48kHz, Did you check the bit rate of records you are playing from Quboz? If this is the issue try some from jazz or classic music library, a lot of them available in a bit rate higher than 48kHz

Mar 17, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #953 of 1,452
Dear friend,

As a user as well, I can fully understand your feeling. So we are providing different solutions to the users who met this problem and trying our best to solve this problem well.

Actually, the quantities of K7 users who met the volume dropping problem are very small. And we it took us a long time to reproduce the same phenomenon.

But we are so sorry that we did not provide a more easy method for solving that and bring the problem to our users.

If you have met that problem as well, you could try to contact support@fiio.com about that. Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Thank you for clearing out the situation and beign honest with your customers. Providing other solutions to help who is affected by the issue is consumer friendly and something your customers will appreciate.

Mar 17, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #954 of 1,452
Dear friend,

Best regards
Most importantly, @FiiO, please check that this rare problem does not occur in your future devices, in particular the K7 BT. Test it well before you start selling.

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #955 of 1,452

Is the software in exclusive mode? Others let you select WASAPI or ASIO for sound output.

Mar 17, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #956 of 1,452
Hi there, I recently got a K7 aswell, and while I'm not having the volume drop issue, the volume output through single ended is buggin me. Paired with a sennheiser HD 560S I get powerful volume at 2-3 o'clock with high gain, which seems way off to me. I asked about it on reddit and another user with a pair of HD 560S reported he was gettin enough power on them on single ended at 1 o'clok and low gain. Waiting to receive a balanced 4.4 cable to further test

This is the thread if you want to take a look, I'm the OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/11rcboc/fiio_k7_issues/

Tried a New K3 before this one and I was getting enough power (barely, but loud enough) on the 560's on balanced@gain switch with the volume knob maxed, so it didn't seem the intended behavior for a DAC with these specs to me. I have updraged to the K7 to step into the HIFI world, that's why I come to ask here

Regards

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #957 of 1,452
Paired with a sennheiser HD 560S I get powerful volume at 2-3 o'clock with high gain, which seems way off to me.
Seems that you are using a single-ended headphones cable instead of a balanced one. Try a balanced cable and you will get more power out of the K7, as this is a balanced amplifier.

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #958 of 1,452
Just thought I would jump in to share that I have been using a K7 I purchased off of Amazon for about a month and I have been very impressed. I'm using the USB in from an android device and listening with an HD 6XX from the balanced output. No problems to date and a sufficient listening volume appears to be achieved on the dial at approximately 12 o'clock in high gain mode.

As far as sound, the K7 is more airy and has an improved soundstage as compared to my personal benchmark for balanced amps (SR71B). The quality of the bass and mids is absolutely on par with the SR71B, which is an impressive feat at this price point. I have noticed that the K7 seems to sound slightly more authoritative after about ten minutes of warm-up.

When researching/shopping for a desktop all in one unit I was considering other options up to $1,500...and so far do not regret using the K7 as my primary DAC/amp.

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #959 of 1,452
Seems that you are using a single-ended headphones cable instead of a balanced one. Try a balanced cable and you will get more power out of the K7, as this is a balanced amplifier.
Yep I'm waiting for the balanced cable to make any assumptions. But according to the specs on single ended it should have way more power on there, other reports I have readed around with more difficult to drive headphones through SE on the K7 said so also

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #960 of 1,452
Dear friend,

Best regards
It would also be great to cover this issue on your official resources. In particular, add a description of the problem with the drop in volume in the FAQ, for example, here: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/779363.html, and indicate that a firmware update is required to solve this problem, and that you need to contact to technical support. It is also worth adding K7 to the general list on this page: https://forum.fiio.com/firmwareDown.do and also write that there may be a problem with a drop in volume and give contacts for contacting technical support.

I found two reviews from people who bought the K7 from your official store on AliExpress and complained about the problem with the volume drop, and these people do not know how to solve this problem. Therefore, I repeat, you should consecrate this problem on your official resources.

Once again. Most importantly, @FiiO, please check that this rare problem does not occur in your future devices, in particular the K7 BT. Test it well before you start selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back