[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Dec 30, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #451 of 633
Hello,
What kind of usage scenario do you want to use the Bluetooth input function for?
I have active speakers with line in only. Phone without jack. So k5 Pro receive from phone via USB and send to speaker. Phone needs to be next to the k5 Pro. With Bluetooth I would be able to use it from the bed for example.

K5 Pro is mainly a headphone amplifier but because it has a line out it can also be a bridge between various devices and Im constantly moving the device around the house because of this.

Also its simply convenience. I often put the k5 Pro to the table next to my bed. Now I need a wire from my phone to the k5 and a wire back to my headphone. Usually in browsing reddit or just chat with someone while I'm listening music.

I could buy a bta30 or a btr3k but I won't do it just for the Bluetooth. I Already have a good dac and amp combined in the k5 Pro. I don't need the btr3k portability and bta30 has more features I need and it's another device plus it doesn't have an amp as far as I know.

Dec 30, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #452 of 633
can anyone explain me the me\aning of gain and how to set it and how to set input
Look at gain settings as a way to tune the amp power. Like if you had three different amps, each one with different power. It’s useful for matching the amp power to the power your headphones need.
I set the gain this way: starting with the lowest gain, I check if I‘ve got enough volume pot leeway to control the music volume confortably. If the sound is not loud enough, I switch to the next gain setting and so on. My target is getting the max volume at 12 or 1 o’clock on the volume pot.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #453 of 633
I have active speakers with line in only. Phone without jack. So k5 Pro receive from phone via USB and send to speaker. Phone needs to be next to the k5 Pro. With Bluetooth I would be able to use it from the bed for example.

K5 Pro is mainly a headphone amplifier but because it has a line out it can also be a bridge between various devices and Im constantly moving the device around the house because of this.

Also its simply convenience. I often put the k5 Pro to the table next to my bed. Now I need a wire from my phone to the k5 and a wire back to my headphone. Usually in browsing reddit or just chat with someone while I'm listening music.

I could buy a bta30 or a btr3k but I won't do it just for the Bluetooth. I Already have a good dac and amp combined in the k5 Pro. I don't need the btr3k portability and bta30 has more features I need and it's another device plus it doesn't have an amp as far as I know.

OK, I understand, thank you very much

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 13, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #454 of 633
I have a question regarding a potential setup configuration. Someone I know is looking for a DAC to pair with a Yamaha A-S501 and Focal Arias 906. He was planning to get a Dragonfly Red but I was indicating him to look after the K5 Pro instead. Would it be compatible with this amp and speakers? Thanks!

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #455 of 633
I have a question regarding a potential setup configuration. Someone I know is looking for a DAC to pair with a Yamaha A-S501 and Focal Arias 906. He was planning to get a Dragonfly Red but I was indicating him to look after the K5 Pro instead. Would it be compatible with this amp and speakers? Thanks!
As long as the amp has RCA inputs, it is.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #457 of 633
Jan 15, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #459 of 633
Seems to be sold out in most places?

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #461 of 633
Doesnt ship to UK unfortunately

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #463 of 633
I received my K5Pro yesterday and to see how headphones sound and make sure the input works I hooked up my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 earbuds. The input works and they sound pretty good. Kind of hard to remember how they sounded with the E17 I replaced since as I don't listen to music that often anymore. My Altec speakers have a remote so it was easy to turn them all the way down, since when you turn up the volume for the earbuds the speakers go up too. How do most people work the volume? I have the computer and K5 both turned up half way.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #464 of 633
How do most people work the volume? I have the computer and K5 both turned up half way

I bypass digital processing on my computer using the Fiio ASIO driver for sending digital audio to the K5 Pro thru USB, so the Windows volume has no effect. The K5 volume pot set to 12 o'clock and control the volume on the amplifier.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #465 of 633
I
I bypass digital processing on my computer using the Fiio ASIO driver for sending digital audio to the K5 Pro thru USB, so the Windows volume has no effect. The K5 volume pot set to 12 o'clock and control the volume on the amplifier.
Thanks for the info. I'm not using a separate amp with my computer and K5. Someone suggested turning the computer volume all the way up, and control the volume with the K5. Does that sound like the right thing to do with the setup I have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back