[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Jan 20, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #481 of 633
Managed to get hold of this Amp, Is it right for the dial light to change to Yellow when playing MQA from Tidal?

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #482 of 633
Managed to get hold of this Amp, Is it right for the dial light to change to Yellow when playing MQA from Tidal?
Yes, correct me if I’m wrong but Tidal is decoding MQA and basically sending 24/192 PCM to the K5 Pro which is why that yellow light appears.

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #484 of 633
[QUOTE = "Heldaeus, post: 16118730, członek: 527791"]
Tak, popraw mnie, jeśli się mylę, ale Tidal dekoduje MQA i zasadniczo wysyła 24/192 PCM do K5 Pro, dlatego pojawia się żółte światło.
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
96khz
?

Jan 20, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #485 of 633
It's sounding good so far...
IMG_20210120_114035.jpg

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #487 of 633
Be wary of Buying from a certain seller on Amazon UK. Due to tracking info saying my first order was stuck , I reordered.
Both "new" units arrived the same day.
One boxed as it should be.
The other thrown in a plastic bag,obviously used and scratched.
This was marked as a new item with the same price as a new item.

Very iffy.

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #488 of 633
Hi, I'm new, but I've been reading you from many years...
Today I've buy the Fiio K5 Pro mostly out of curiosity... it's still new and I think it needs more time to express itself at its best.
I think it sounds good, not great, but it's a nice dac/amp, I have also an old Zero Dac '09 which cost the same price as the K5 Pro 10 years ago but sounds even better.
I use it with my longtime companions Sennheiser HD800 and I've found the best setup with the gain at Low position, it's sound with less grain and have more soundstage but with a little less dynamics, in medium and high gain there is a loss in detail, have you noticed this?
Sorry for my poor english

Jan 21, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #489 of 633
I find the mid gain setting the best for my Headphones, except the DT770's which need high gain.

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #490 of 633
I don't find sound differences changing gain settings, but it doesn`t imply that they don't exist.

Jan 21, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #491 of 633
Hi, I'm new, but I've been reading you from many years...
Today I've buy the Fiio K5 Pro mostly out of curiosity... it's still new and I think it needs more time to express itself at its best.
I think it sounds good, not great, but it's a nice dac/amp, I have also an old Zero Dac '09 which cost the same price as the K5 Pro 10 years ago but sounds even better.
I use it with my longtime companions Sennheiser HD800 and I've found the best setup with the gain at Low position, it's sound with less grain and have more soundstage but with a little less dynamics, in medium and high gain there is a loss in detail, have you noticed this?
Sorry for my poor english

Your comment is more than fair, and I believe most people share your assessment

My English is not good either, I have to use translation software most of the time, but it doesn't affect our communication.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #492 of 633
Your comment is more than fair, and I believe most people share your assessment

My English is not good either, I have to use translation software most of the time, but it doesn't affect our communication.

After a day of burn-in now it sound like the my old Zero Dac with opa627, but the K5 Pro it's a lot nicer

Geralt approves
File-000.jpg

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #493 of 633
How is it best to hook up the K5Pro to my external computer speakers. Should I just use 3.5mm cable to male splitter RCA and then hook up USB cable from computer to K5Pro.
I don't think hooking up the external speakers with usb jack to computer with USB jack. Somehow it would have to go through the K5 Pro unit. I want to use the K5Pro mainly as a DAC. How would this compare to iFi HIP DaC in regards to sound quality. I like the Hip Dac because of the MQA support. Which of these would be better for me do you think.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #494 of 633
How is it best to hook up the K5Pro to my external computer speakers. Should I just use 3.5mm cable to male splitter RCA and then hook up USB cable from computer to K5Pr

Yes, this is the best way to go: USB from computer to K5 Pro, and K5 Pro RCA outputs to the speakers amplifier which is included inside one of the speakers, if they are active, or it is in a separate unit. This route bypass the DAC and preamp of your sound card and lets the K5 Pro do the job instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back