[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Dec 28, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #423 of 633
A fiio k5 pro Is good for my beyerdinamyc t5 3rd? Or Is there Better alternatives? (Not too much expensive)

I haven't tried these cans on my K5 Pro, but taking into account their low impedance (32 Ohms) and their high sensitivity (100 dB/mW), K5 Pro shoud be able to handle them effortlessly, like it does with similar cans specifications wise (like Denon D7200 and Hifiman Ananda)

Dec 28, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #425 of 633
After a prolonged time, this DAC/AMP is excellent : power, neutrality and accuracy, three gain modes, multiple connections, and a knob volume. For sub 200$, it's the perfect solution for a two in one. I can easily think about another much more demanding headphone as a 300 ohms headphone for instance.

Can't agree more. It really packs a punch. With my HD660S I can't go further then 12 o'clock on the lowest gain setting. The digital volume knob works a treat and the bit rate indicator is really neat. I use mine for headphones only via USB on Mac OS running Audirvana and the sound quality is just amazing considering the asking price.

Attachments

• fiio k5 pro sennheiser hd660s.png
    fiio k5 pro sennheiser hd660s.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 28, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #426 of 633
With the Fidelio X2 (only 32 ohms) I am always between 9 and 11 o'clock, low gain of course. I took this headphone because of the low price (95€ only on Amazon) and also wanted to try it since a long time, so far it's a good combo with the K5 Pro and for an affordable price.

But because I made an "audiophile break" during more or less four years, I am already thinking about buying a higher headphone with great mids in the following months : coming back to the Sennheiser HD650 which I loved (sold in 2017 because I really needed a closed back headphone at the time), or getting the Focal Elear (saw a few one between 300 and 400€ on second hand), or maybe another choice. For sub 400€, what would be your pick guys?

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #427 of 633
With the Fidelio X2 (only 32 ohms) I am always between 9 and 11 o'clock, low gain of course. I took this headphone because of the low price (95€ only on Amazon) and also wanted to try it since a long time, so far it's a good combo with the K5 Pro and for an affordable price.

But because I made an "audiophile break" during more or less four years, I am already thinking about buying a higher headphone with great mids in the following months : coming back to the Sennheiser HD650 which I loved (sold in 2017 because I really needed a closed back headphone at the time), or getting the Focal Elear (saw a few one between 300 and 400€ on second hand), or maybe another choice. For sub 400€, what would be your pick guys?
The HD650 is a great choice for good midrange of course but you could also try an entry-level or mid-fi planar headphone for a different taste and a meatier sound. The K5 pro works well with planars and there are a few interesting options at this price point (Verum1, Avantone Planar, Sundara...). Ideally my advice would be to find out which kind of sound you like best before upgrading to a better headphone.

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #428 of 633
I already had the HD650 before, it was really my type of sound, except the soundstage

Interesting to know about planar! I had a Oppo PM-3 before, it was amazing on a technical point of view. I've checked the references : the two first seems very heavy and I already find the X2 quite heavy, so 100g more would be a lot in my opinion but maybe I am wrong. I've already heard about the Sundara before, but didn't dig enough yet and seems OK with the weight

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #429 of 633
I already had the HD650 before, it was really my type of sound, except the soundstage

Interesting to know about planar! I had a Oppo PM-3 before, it was amazing on a technical point of view. I've checked the references : the two first seems very heavy and I already find the X2 quite heavy, so 100g more would be a lot in my opinion but maybe I am wrong. I've already heard about the Sundara before, but didn't dig enough yet and seems OK with the weight
Yes, the Hifimans should be light enough. I haven't heard the new ones but you'll find plenty of feedback here.

Dec 28, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #432 of 633
Sorry if i asked too much, but i d like to spend my Money as Better as possibile. This Is good enough for my t5 3rd or Is It a Better choice?

Yes of course, great amount of power and your headphone is 32 ohms so really easy to drive for the K5Pro, like my Fidelio X2HR by the way (also 32 ohms). DAC section convincing too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back