FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #257 of 744
I was buy FiiO K5 on this day
but I'm plugged it with PC USB port
but nothing anything happens 
no auto driver installation
I need FiiO K5 Driver for window 10, Help me please.

I don't think the K5 is what you think it is.

It's not a DAC, it's an amplifier and docking station for the X3II X5Ii and X7. Those will function as DAC.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #259 of 744
also one more thing: i want to congratulate the designer(s) on the design of the K5. it's really neat.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #260 of 744

Hallo all, I've been lurking for over a year or so now and thought it time to take the plunge.

In reply to Springbay: The plugs are region specific (like the D03K) so unfortunately if you were to buy from Amazon in the UK then you'd be saddled with a three-pronged annoyance. The Swedish reseller really should have their stock by now (as, according to FiiO they sent shipment a week ago) so I'd drop them a line first because you never know. If I were them I would make sure I got as many as possible before Chinese New Year!

Hope that helps!

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #261 of 744

Hallo all, I've been lurking for over a year or so now and thought it time to take the plunge.

In reply to Springbay: The plugs are region specific (like the D03K) so unfortunately if you were to buy from Amazon in the UK then you'd be saddled with a three-pronged annoyance. The Swedish reseller really should have their stock by now (as, according to FiiO they sent shipment a week ago) so I'd drop them a line first because you never know. If I were them I would make sure I got as many as possible before Chinese New Year!

Hope that helps!

the power adapter comes with a "mickey mouse" plug. it should be possible to just get a cheap "local" plug.

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #262 of 744

Hope that helps!

Thank you for clarifying.
I think I managed to place an order at fiio-shop.de instead, but I was never redirected to Paypal and my German is quite poor (so I'm not sure LOL). Anyways they ought to ship with the EU plug.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #264 of 744
Open box K5......

http://www.fiiothai.com/article-th-117377-%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7+%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87+FiiO+K5.html?lang=en

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #265 of 744
the hiss i said i heard, seems to come from my laptop, when i play from the X5's line out, it's SO clear. just connected my GR10e IEMs, put gain on high, and turned the dial all the way up (without music playing, of course) while there was a bit of electrical fluctuation noticable at that volume, you'd be deaf before you could hear that.

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #266 of 744
I received my K5 today and it's going back tomorrow. I could not get my X3ii to plug into the dock at all. I thought I had it once but my PC was not recognizing that anything was plugged in so I guess it wasn't seated properly in the dock. I tried several more times and finally gave up out of fear I was going to damage my X3ii. I had high hopes for the K5 but it let me down.

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #267 of 744
  I received my K5 today and it's going back tomorrow. I could not get my X3ii to plug into the dock at all. I thought I had it once but my PC was not recognizing that anything was plugged in so I guess it wasn't seated properly in the dock. I tried several more times and finally gave up out of fear I was going to damage my X3ii. I had hi hopes for the K5 but it let me down.

It might just be the drivers/firmware not working properly yet. Does the K5 with the X3ii work when not plugged into the computer?

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #268 of 744

It might just be the drivers/firmware not working properly yet. Does the K5 with the X3ii work when not plugged into the computer?

No, I tried that too but it didn't work at all/ At any rate I'm not going to go through all that trouble every time I want to dock my player. I suspect that the dock plug on the K5 I received was defective in some way. It really should plug right on there without any effort.

Just FYI, the K5 doesn't come with any drivers at all and I couldn't find any drivers on the fiio website either. The manual doesn't say anything about driver installation either.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #269 of 744

No, I tried that too but it didn't work at all/ At any rate I'm not going to go through all that trouble every time I want to dock my player. I suspect that the dock plug on the K5 I received was defective in some way. It really should plug right on there without any effort.

Just FYI, the K5 doesn't come with any drivers at all and I couldn't find any drivers on the fiio website either. The manual doesn't say anything about driver installation either.

K5 doesn't need any drivers, your X3ii does need a driver :wink:  It's very simple, if you can use your X3ii connected to laptop as USB DAC and it's recognized OK - you just plug it into K5 and it will connect transparently the same way.  If you X3ii is not recognized by your laptop/computer when connected directly with usb to micro-usb cable, then you need to install the latest universal driver (for all X-series DAPs) from FiiO website.  K5 doesn't need any drivers, it's just an amp, not a DAC.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #270 of 744
I received my K5 today and it's going back tomorrow. I could not get my X3ii to plug into the dock at all. I thought I had it once but my PC was not recognizing that anything was plugged in so I guess it wasn't seated properly in the dock. I tried several more times and finally gave up out of fear I was going to damage my X3ii. I had high hopes for the K5 but it let me down.

Just want to make sure; which usn cable did you use to connect the amp to your pc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back