FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Feb 8, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #242 of 744
  With HD6xx the bass is boosted once plugged to K5 ?

In comparison to what? Straight X7 to HD 650? I'm not sure about any particular bass boost, but there's more oomph in general. You could even keep it on low gain and still be able to drive it if you turn up the volume. I have it on mid gain right now.

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #244 of 744
  Completely sold out on amazon hopefully after the chinese new year they'll come back in stock.

Yeah, sorry...I did my part in contributing to that. 
redface.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #246 of 744
  Compared to your others amps :wink:

I haven't had it for a full day yet, but I like the Valhalla more. I don't know if it's because the Valhalla drives the HD 650 better, or it's simply the tube flavor. Anyway, that shouldn't be surprising since K5 is a lot cheaper. I don't have the Valhalla on me so I can't do direct comparisons, though. The K5 has its purpose for me since I will be traveling a lot and want something more portable (luggage-wise).

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #247 of 744
I have just ordered the x7, and a day after, i find this thread. Oh my wallet...
I have the fiio e10k, and im using it with my active bookshelf speakers and an svs sub. Can i use the k5 and x7 with them? Im guessing i will be using the rca's but will it work?

K5 can be preamp via RCA, sound volume can be regulated on the active speakers

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #248 of 744
The Swedish Fiio retailer is taking forever to get the K5, so I'm looking for other options.

So I have a question about the power brick.
Does it come with adapter plugs for US, UK and EU sockets, or is the power brick region specific?
I need a brick with EU plugs, so I'm hesitant to order from Amazon UK if I need to get a separate power brick.

Thanks for any clarification.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #249 of 744
  The Swedish Fiio retailer is taking forever to get the K5, so I'm looking for other options.

So I have a question about the power brick.
Does it come with adapter plugs for US, UK and EU sockets, or is the power brick region specific?
I need a brick with EU plugs, so I'm hesitant to order from Amazon UK if I need to get a separate power brick.

Thanks for any clarification.

The one I got from Fiio came with the Chinese plug. I had to steal borrow my wife's laptop cable for it to work. I'm sure they'll ship the correct plugs to the EU by now.

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #250 of 744

The one I got from Fiio came with the Chinese plug. I had to steal borrow my wife's laptop cable for it to work. I'm sure they'll ship the correct plugs to the EU by now.

Thanks. but I think I need to rephrase my question.
My main concern is if the units sold by Amazon UK comes with a dedicated UK plug or if it comes with adapters for EU sockets.
I suppose the K5 sold by German Amazon will have an EU plug, but they wont ship the K5 to Sweden, while Amazon UK do.
I guess I can always get a EU brick later on, but I hate picking up goods from my postal office (all eager to try it out) just to find out that I can't use it until I get a spare part. :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #251 of 744

Thanks. but I think I need to rephrase my question.
My main concern is if the units sold by Amazon UK comes with a dedicated UK plug or if it comes with adapters for EU sockets.
I suppose the K5 sold by German Amazon will have an EU plug, but they wont ship the K5 to Sweden, while Amazon UK do.
I guess I can always get a EU brick later on, but I hate picking up goods from my postal office (all eager to try it out) just to find out that I can't use it until I get a spare part. :)

Or you can get the spare part in advance :wink:

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #252 of 744
mine came in the mail today!

still waiting for my X7 to land here (literally)

so right now i'm using my X200 with the X5 as DAC, 3.5mm line out to RCA connector on the back of the K5, and PS1000 on my head :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #253 of 744
  mine came in the mail today!

still waiting for my X7 to land here (literally)

so right now i'm using my X200 with the X5 as DAC, 3.5mm line out to RCA connector on the back of the K5, and PS1000 on my head :)

It is sad that the original X5 was not compatible with the docking mechanism. 

Does it sound good? Is it smooth or bright? Black background?

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #254 of 744

It is sad that the original X5 was not compatible with the docking mechanism. 

Does it sound good? Is it smooth or bright? Black background?

i don't really want to make any sort of comparison at the moment, the cable between the X5 and K5 isn't of very high quality, and there is a lot of computery stuff here.

but.

the amp is a bit warm, and i can hear some hiss when i turn the volume up.

soundstage is pretty damn good though.

ask me again when my X7 arrives :wink:

one thing that i find a bit strange: the blue light is red when you turn it on, but then turns blue. that's okay, but the amp takes more time to actually work, so you could potwentially turn the volume up as you expect sound already.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #255 of 744

i don't really want to make any sort of comparison at the moment, the cable between the X5 and K5 isn't of very high quality, and there is a lot of computery stuff here.

but.

the amp is a bit warm, and i can hear some hiss when i turn the volume up.

soundstage is pretty damn good though.

ask me again when my X7 arrives :wink:

one thing that i find a bit strange: the blue light is red when you turn it on, but then turns blue. that's okay, but the amp takes more time to actually work, so you could potwentially turn the volume up as you expect sound already.

Thanks a lot for letting me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back