FiiO&JadeAudio Over-Ear Headphones Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 10, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #301 of 597
Thanks. The NightOwl had a similar headband and I loved it--in my opinion it's the best headband type (DCA headphones too).

May 10, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #302 of 597
12060840.jpg

I can't even begin to tell you guys just how good the FT3s are for gaming. It handily beats my former phone the Amrion Homes I was using for gaming. Sounds more dynamic to my ears for gaming, its precision is on point. No way would I use the FT3 for gaming if comfort was an issue. Suede pads all the way. Never liked the protein leather for both the sound and how they feel, makes my ears sweat after a bout of DOOM eternal. Lol.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #303 of 597
Speaking of Amrion Homes. I compared the FT3 vs the Amiron Homes and added this to my review.
DSC01070.JPG

FT3 vs Amiron Homes.

This comparison was very interesting as both these CANs are open in design both using balanced cables. Beyer needs no introduction but they do have a certain type of coloration for their cans that gives Beyer cans a unique sound. The Amiron Homes at one point was a $599 headphone but has seen steep discounts within the last few years that brings the prices down to be hovering more closer or actually cheaper than the new FT3 by Fiio.
I have been using my Amiron Homes with my laptop for several years now due to their supreme comfort and its laid back sound signature that bodes extremely well for relaxed listening at home. However all is not perfect with the Amiron Homes. They have a relatively darker slightly warm signature that is very typical of Beyer tuned headphones. Overall the Amiron Homes have seen relative success throughout the years but I suppose you have to be a fan of darker sounding CANs to really appreciate the Beyer sound.

In comparison to the FT3, the Amiron Homes are a bit easier to drive vs the FT3 and actually have a slightly wider sound vs the FT3. But this is more due to the relaxed upper mids and laid back presentation of the Amiron Homes. FT3 on the other hand has more upper mids emphasis. A taller and deeper sound. The difference in Western/ Euro old school sound preferences vs Chinese/ Asian new world type tuning. Harmon tunings as of late are the base standard it seems for most IEMs at all levels and even with headphones the FT3 is again very much Harmon tuned.

Amiron shows a warmer lower midrange with a slight mid bass bleed which makes male vocals stand out a bit while somewhat neutering female vocals a touch. I can’t say the Amiron sounds bad with female vocals but it's not the FT3 with ample upper mid range where it will be more or less catered to female vocals. Not to mention the FT3 has the upper hand on stringed instruments, imaging and precision.

Amiron Homes is a laid back warm sounding Can the FT3 sounds a bit laid back in presentation but not like the Amirons distant sounding presentation. FT3 leans a touch cooler in tonal character over neutral vs warm over neutral from the Amirons. The FT3 clearly shows more energy for upper mids and its lower treble with better treble extension. The Amirons are more about the mid bass lower mids body a relaxed upper mid range and an emphasized upper trebles shimmer. A true U shaped tuning the Amirons seems a bit lacking in timbre fullness due to the uneven mid bands. Its more mid bassy than sub bassy. The FT3s bass end is much more even from mid to subbass.

As an IEM aficionado I can appreciate the FT3 a bit more simply due to how it is tuned a bit like harmon tuned IEMs vs the Amiron Homes which is again a unique colored laid back warm, punchy slightly reserved for upper registers yet clearly sparkly for trebles. If you asked me which I prefer at the moment. That goes clearly to the FT3 just for the fact that it is the much more versatile sounding Can overall. I have always liked my Amirons but never truly loved them and when comparing to the FT3 it is evident what type of sound style I personally prefer. The Amirons darker tonal character is a bit like how the IEM maker Shozy tunes IEMs but this is the type of sound that is more niche in how they perform than being truly versatile. FT3 shows a more balanced treble tuning with better extension vs the Amirons. Better balanced mids with a better balanced bass with better extension on the other end as well. The only aspect that the Amiron Home does a bit better is at is its staging. Even for gaming I find the Amiron Homes are not as accurate sounding.. FT3 clearly wins this battle. This was one of those comparos where you thought your old faithful CAN sounded great until you get another CAN that pretty much trounces on it with a much more energetic modern better-balanced sound. Don't know if I should be disappointed or happy about this comparison.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #304 of 597
I never thought of the Beyer sound as warm and laid back. Quite the opposite, actually. DT770's for example are pretty neutral through the bass and midrange with very good sub bass extension, but their treble is pretty aggressive--to me, they're bright and sibilant sounding headphones and Beyer is generally known for this type of tuning. The Amiron Home were always an outlier in the Beyer catalog. They're not tuned like a typical Beyer headphone.

May 11, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #305 of 597
I ordered FT3 on March 28th from the official FiiO store on Aliexpress, but FiiO did not deliver the package to me, citing that the transport company does not deliver the package to me with the "aliexpress standard shipping method" and asks me to pay extra money for FedEx shipping, although on the official store website Fiio on Aliexpress states that shipping is FREE.
Why didn't the FiiO store notify me earlier and I've been waiting for the package for more than a month, and now FiiO is asking me to cancel the order?

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #306 of 597
Mine arrived today, a week from shipping to delivery in Australia is pretty great, better than some items I have coming via AusPost from interstate!

IMG_6759.jpeg

May 11, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #307 of 597
They kind of remind me of gaming headphones. Not sure why.

May 11, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #308 of 597
Ya that is unfortunately the end results of using the star pattern on the cups. Thermaltake gaming cans, was my first gaming can I owned a very long time ago.
I dont think Fiio took liberties with this old gaming headset design but they do look strikingly similar including the headband.
41C-BCqDT2L._AC_.jpg

May 12, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #309 of 597
Couple of hours of listening… these punch well above their price point. Closest sounding headphone I have from early impressions would be the Meze 109 Pro.

May 12, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #310 of 597
Couple of hours of listening… these punch well above their price point. Closest sounding headphone I have from early impressions would be the Meze 109 Pro.
I would be very interested in a comparison between the two if you get a chance.

May 12, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #311 of 597
I would be very interested in a comparison between the two if you get a chance.
Will do once I’ve spent some more time with them.

May 12, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #313 of 597
Good advice. Whenever possible one should try to hear as many of the competing headphones as possible. I pretty much agre with you in that the FT3 are now the headphones to beat in the sub $500 range. Build quality alone puts them ahead of all their competitors.

My Edition XS smashes my FT3 in almost every aspect.

Anyway, I'd like to know how FT3 compares to Sundara...

May 12, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #314 of 597
hd660shd660s2comparison.png

12032723.jpeg

New Sennheiser HD660S2 makes a big deal about extended bass. I am wondering if anyone heard the HD660S2 in comparison. I am intrigued about how both these cans graph at least. Looks like FT3 got the better bass extension according to these graphs.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #315 of 597
I ordered FT3 on March 28th from the official FiiO store on Aliexpress, but FiiO did not deliver the package to me, citing that the transport company does not deliver the package to me with the "aliexpress standard shipping method" and asks me to pay extra money for FedEx shipping, although on the official store website Fiio on Aliexpress states that shipping is FREE.
Why didn't the FiiO store notify me earlier and I've been waiting for the package for more than a month, and now FiiO is asking me to cancel the order?
Dear friend,

We have arranged the shipment via Aliexpress standard shipping for you as soon as we get your order information. However, Aliexpress return your package to us after 1 month. So we could only contact you about the shipping when we received the package again.
1683959196801.jpeg

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back