FiiO&JadeAudio Over-Ear Headphones Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #260 of 597
Hello, small pad doesn't help with comfort, ears are fitting but barely, definitely missing space around the ear and maybe a bit lateral too.
I can see where you're coming from. A little more space in the earcups would probably improve comfort. Hopefully it wouldn't alter the tuning too much because I'm really enjoying how these sound.

Apr 21, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #261 of 597
I can see where you're coming from. A little more space in the earcups would probably improve comfort. Hopefully it wouldn't alter the tuning too much because I'm really enjoying how these sound.
Doubt that, when I got XL pads for beloved Cascade, headphone got even better, bigger stage, more air, just perfect with increased comfort.

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #263 of 597
Doubt that, when I got XL pads for beloved Cascade, headphone got even better, bigger stage, more air, just perfect with increased comfort.
Same with the Audio-Technica MSR7b: larger pads improved them in every way (to my ear)

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #264 of 597
Same with the Audio-Technica MSR7b: larger pads improved them in every way (to my ear)
When Meze went to larger pads on the 99 Classics, I didn't think it was a good thing. To my ear, what was already a pretty bassy sounding headphone got kind of tubby sounding and the bass bled even more into the lower mids. I like that headphone with the original smaller pads better. It would be interesting to hear what bigger pads would do for the FT3.

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #266 of 597
Hi everybody. I'm an happy owner of Ath-r70x. I usually use them with steeaming platforms (Apple tv plus, Disney, etc.). Sometimes I listen to music on youtube and few cd's of my collection with a mac book . I know, I'm not an audiophile, but for my principal use ( Ath-r70x with Schiit stack with Panasonic Oled Jz1500), someone think that Ft3 will sound or workshop better than the Ath-r70x? Thanks for reading, and even reply.

Apr 23, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #268 of 597
I think there ought to be a thread on how to stop buying stuff and be happy with what I have...It would be life changing...
You can buy equipment, but you can’t buy enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back