FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 26, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #1,636 of 1,891
@Dsnuts! Thanks for the great info and that has exactly been my experience with the LC-RC. Didn't know you do cable reviews too. Definitely checking those out!

@MetaLchesH I'm currently using the FD5 paired with BTR5, balanced tips and LC-RC. Based on what I currently have, this is the sweet spot for me (retains the nice bass of FD5, vocals are more forward, treble/highs are tamed down and sound stage still sounds wide enough). For what its worth, I too was on a quest to find a pure copper cable thinking that it could bring out the best in FD5. Just received my Y****o A28 16 core pure copper cable which is on RikudouGoku's recommended list two days ago but I was disappointed that it wasn't a good combination. The sound signature becomes a tad too warm/dull, sound stage narrowed and vocals became lackluster. Just some very layman comments as I am new to his hobby.. but hope it helps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...zTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit#gid=1801072063

P.S. I'm also in the the process of tip rolling (stock, Radius Deep Mount, Final Audio Type E), together with cable rolling (stock, Fiio LC-RC, X***S B7 8 Core Pure Silver, Y****o A2 16 Core Pure Copper) and found the above combination best based on my current inventory. A few more tips (Type E 2020 version, Sonly EP-EX11 and maybe Spiral Dots) should be arriving in the next few weeks, together with my Qudelix 5k, so I'll provide another update soon :)

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #1,637 of 1,891
Sorry for my mistake. I follow your reviews most of the time. You are right. LC-RC comes with FH5s Pro not with FD5. It's good news for me. Cause i don't want to wait 2-3 weeks to receive a cable from Aliexpress. So i can order LC-RC through FiiO's Turkish retailer. Thank you very much for explaination.
Ya I was thinking the same as you when I recieved the LC-RC cable and their material descriptor is the same as the one included with the FD5. Silver plated monocrystalline copper. However I am very certain it is more copper material on the LC-RC vs having cores with silver plating. They sound almost like a pure copper cable in how they perform actually.

FD5s are most definitley worth getting a new cable and I agree with @shotsoftime try a variety of aftermarket tips to get the best sound for you.

LC-RC will make a difference however.

May 26, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #1,638 of 1,891
@MetaLchesH Ah I was only making a cosmetic and ergonomic comparison since I've never heard the LC-RC first hand. The cable is a darker color and looks less prone to holding its shape than the stock FD5 cable. Those are straight-up wins as far as I'm concerned. Regarding SQ, I just assumed they sounded similar due to same material description, but I wouldn't assume they're necessarily both from the same OEM. The color of the actual wire is obviously different and the weave of the LC-RC seems pretty different from FD5 stock as well.

Regarding @Dsnuts' comment, that's definitely good info to know too. Like I said, I wouldn't have assumed the cable would sound warmer than stock but it's good for me if it does as I want to upgrade eventually and prefer a warmer tonality. So yeah, I'll definitely look at the LC-RC first.

May 26, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #1,640 of 1,891
Ya I was thinking the same as you when I recieved the LC-RC cable and their material descriptor is the same as the one included with the FD5. Silver plated monocrystalline copper. However I am very certain it is more copper material on the LC-RC vs having cores with silver plating. They sound almost like a pure copper cable in how they perform actually.

FD5s are most definitley worth getting a new cable and I agree with @shotsoftime try a variety of aftermarket tips to get the best sound for you.

LC-RC will make a difference however.
I was confused about FH5s Pro. Thought that FD5 has same cable. But now thanks to you and other friends i understand the difference.
There is also LC-RD cable here too. Have you tried it? It is mixture of gold, copper and silver. I wonder how it sounds with the FD5.

May 26, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,641 of 1,891
I dont have that particular cable but gold adds a tonal change to earphones. Earphones in general sound more rich as crazy as that sounds, copper element adds body and fullness, Silver helps with detail and imaging. I own pure silver cables plated gold and pure copper cables plated in gold. A high end hybrid cable with gold silver copper and palladium. These cables all give added enhancements and tonal character to earphones they are attached to. But for the FD5.--- Get the LC RC or try out any of your pure copper cables.

Gold plated cables cost more money obviously due to the material but they do have a legit effect on sound signatures. They do a better job rounding out treble notes and adds a richer darker tone to a earphones tonality.

So silver= detail, brightness, technicalites , emphasis on treble and upper mids w added stage.
copper = warmth, greater note weight, fullness, Smoother transients, natural timbre, emphasis on mids and bass
Gold= richer darker tonal character over the other two materials. Enhances brighter signatures as it naturally darkens their inate brigher tendencies.

When you add these 3 elements you get yourself a well balanced tonally rich yet detailed cable paring showing excellent technicalities with good body to the sound.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #1,643 of 1,891
I dont have that particular cable but gold adds a tonal change to earphones. Earphones in general sound more rich as crazy as that sounds, copper element adds body and fullness, Silver helps with detail and imaging. I own pure silver cables plated gold and pure copper cables plated in gold. A high end hybrid cable with gold silver copper and palladium. These cables all give added enhancements and tonal character to earphones they are attached to. But for the FD5.--- Get the LC RC or try out any of your pure copper cables.

Gold plated cables cost more money obviously due to the material but they do have a legit effect on sound signatures. They do a better job rounding out treble notes and adds a richer darker tone to a earphones tonality.

So silver= detail, brightness, technicalites , emphasis on treble and upper mids w added stage.
copper = warmth, greater note weight, fullness, Smoother transients, natural timbre, emphasis on mids and bass
Gold= richer darker tonal character over the other two materials. Enhances brighter signatures as it naturally darkens their inate brigher tendencies.

When you add these 3 elements you get yourself a well balanced tonally rich yet detailed cable paring showing excellent technicalities with good body to the sound.
Thank you very much for your detailed comment. I will get LC-RC for FD5.
If i have better earphones in future maybe i get better cables :L3000:

May 26, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #1,645 of 1,891
Looks like I've to change the cables on my FD5 and FD7 just for the sake of testing. ^^

But I've to say that I was not that sensitive with cable changes in the past.

Guess it comes down to what one is digging on the FD5/FD7.
Have that Linsoul LSC08 cable in my stable already and going to test it on both with the Xperia 1 iii (more warmth) and the Mojo as well.

May 26, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #1,646 of 1,891
Looks like I've to change the cables on my FD5 and FD7 just for the sake of testing. ^^

But I've to say that I was not that sensitive with cable changes in the past.

Guess it comes down to what one is digging on the FD5/FD7.
Have that Linsoul LSC08 cable in my stable already and going to test it on both with the Xperia 1 iii (more warmth) and the Mojo as well.
Haha everyone mention about LSC08. I think i will have to order it as i don't have high quality copper cable. Will try both LC-RC and LSC08.

@shotsoftime RikudouGoku's Database is on my bookmark list. I really appreciate his reviews and mods. A28 a cable in the category of bestsellers,. But i think it's overpriced. I've read on this topic that (as you mention too) it doesn't fit with FD5.

May 26, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,647 of 1,891
May 29, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #1,648 of 1,891
received the Qudelix5k two days ago from Amazon and i must say this pairs even better with the FD5 compared to the BTR5!! sound stage improves (wider?) and overall listening experience is just so well rounded and coherent (smooth?) across all genres that i've thrown it (pop, ballads, jazz, classical, rock). even my wife, who is not into this hobby, noticed the difference! i literally could just listen to this combination and not do anything else and had listened to over 10h just in the past two days alone haha.

if you can get your hands on the Qudelix, i highly recommend it. form factor is smaller and lighter, the app is amazing (i actually preferred the stock sound and didnt need the PEQ profile from ASR), better battery life and the bluetooth range just puts BTR5 to shame 🤣

hope this helps and just passing along the love and knowledge in the 1,451 posts before this!

May 29, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #1,649 of 1,891
Hello guys!

I have noticed recently something unusual in my FD5.
Like when I replace the nozzles I found some dark spots inside the iem (like oxidation or something, pardon my english lol).
Is it normal, have anyone experience something like that?
I wrote to support, but I just wanted to ask if anyone have the same issue.
Dear Nas Volokin,

It seems that I failed to find your email from our email system. If you are convenient, please take a picture and send it to support@fiio.com. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 7, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #1,650 of 1,891
Dear Nas Volokin,

It seems that I failed to find your email from our email system. If you are convenient, please take a picture and send it to support@fiio.com. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards
Hello I actually sent them to a local authorized seller and as @Dsnuts here suggested is some kind of oxidation/condensation. They said they will replace them if something changes in sound but as I can see there is nothing to worry about 🙂 I have discussed this with your support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back