FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 10, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #1,606 of 1,891
The Audiosense tips seem to be available online only in a set of three sizes, which is a waste. I've emailed the manufacturer last week to ask about getting a pack of just ONE size sent to the US, but I have not received an answer.

May 10, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #1,607 of 1,891
The Audiosense tips seem to be available online only in a set of three sizes, which is a waste. I've emailed the manufacturer last week to ask about getting a pack of just ONE size sent to the US, but I have not received an answer.
Dear friend,

Do you mean that you have contacted us? If you are convenient, please PM us your email address so we could have a check. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 10, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #1,608 of 1,891
my fd5 cable broke right before warranty but i got too lazy to try and do something about it. now i want to re-use the connector. problem is that i forgot which poles go where. I'll probably try again when i can get a tester. i wear iems everyday at work and fd5 is my daily, i am usually very active too.

May 11, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,610 of 1,891
Dear friend,

Do you mean that you have contacted us? If you are convenient, please PM us your email address so we could have a check. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards
I emailed Audiosense, not FiiO!

May 13, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #1,611 of 1,891
hey everyone! been lurking around this forum for months and finally signed up just give my sincere thanks to everyone on this thread who provided superbly useful insights. i just got my FD5 for over a week and nearly gave up on it (running it balanced on BTR5 with balanced tips). I thought FD5 would be a nice upgrade from my FH3 but i was really disappointed to find the FD5 sound stage lacking, vocals were not as forward as the FH3 which i much prefer and more importantly, i had mild headaches after listening to them. if you find yourself in a similar situation, CHANGE THE STOCK CABLE!!! i had a spare Fiio LC-RC sitting around and after switching to that, the bass started hitting slightly harder and vocals more forward, both to my preference. the headaches are gone as well. full disclosure, my listening volume did increase by 1 to 2 bars louder on the BTR5 after switching. that being said..never knew switching cables could have such an impact but i guess that's a testament to how great the FD5 is. now i finally get why many recommended the FD5!!

p.s. please take above with a big bucket of salt. not an audiophile by any means.. i went from WH-1000XM4 -> FH3 (which opened my ears to what i didn't know was possible and honestly loved the FH3) -> FD5

May 13, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #1,612 of 1,891
Yeah about that I read in reviews someone has asked for size L and he received it with additional pair as a gift. I wasn't sure which size will fit me better so I haven't asked for a single size but I think this won't be a problem

May 13, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #1,613 of 1,891
hey everyone! been lurking around this forum for months and finally signed up just give my sincere thanks to everyone on this thread who provided superbly useful insights. i just got my FD5 for over a week and nearly gave up on it (running it balanced on BTR5 with balanced tips). I thought FD5 would be a nice upgrade from my FH3 but i was really disappointed to find the FD5 sound stage lacking, vocals were not as forward as the FH3 which i much prefer and more importantly, i had mild headaches after listening to them. if you find yourself in a similar situation, CHANGE THE STOCK CABLE!!! i had a spare Fiio LC-RC sitting around and after switching to that, the bass started hitting slightly harder and vocals more forward, both to my preference. the headaches are gone as well. full disclosure, my listening volume did increase by 1 to 2 bars louder on the BTR5 after switching. that being said..never knew switching cables could have such an impact but i guess that's a testament to how great the FD5 is. now i finally get why many recommended the FD5!!

p.s. please take above with a big bucket of salt. not an audiophile by any means.. i went from WH-1000XM4 -> FH3 (which opened my ears to what i didn't know was possible and honestly loved the FH3) -> FD5
Hello there,
I had my FD5 from over 6 months with a stock cable and I have never experienced anything like that. I use BTR5 and KA3 as dac/amp but the sound is really great (never tried FH3 though). Maybe the highs can be a little harsh at times but have you tried tip rolling first before changing the cable (myself I'm waiting on a new cable from XINHS). I think many here in this forum suggested first tip rolling then cables!
P.S : BTW have you tried the narrow nozzle with vocal tips (that's way better than the balanced ones on wide nozzle)

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #1,614 of 1,891
Hello there,
I had my FD5 from over 6 months with a stock cable and I have never experienced anything like that. I use BTR5 and KA3 as dac/amp but the sound is really great (never tried FH3 though). Maybe the highs can be a little harsh at times but have you tried tip rolling first before changing the cable (myself I'm waiting on a new cable from XINHS). I think many here in this forum suggested first tip rolling then cables!
P.S : BTW have you tried the narrow nozzle with vocal tips (that's way better than the balanced ones on wide nozzle)
i never liked btr5 with fd5, but its a totally different story on my wm1a and a55. sony sound signature pairs crazy well with fd5. btr5 is shrill and sterile compared to sony daps. wm1a makes fd5 sound like everything is just full of weight. i use **** 8 core copper with symbio tips. subbass is actually there now. stock tips do no good honestly.

May 13, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #1,615 of 1,891
i never liked btr5 with fd5, but its a totally different story on my wm1a and a55. sony sound signature pairs crazy well with fd5. btr5 is shrill and sterile compared to sony daps. wm1a makes fd5 sound like everything is just full of weight. i use **** 8 core copper with symbio tips. subbass is actually there now. stock tips do no good honestly.
Still waiting for my wm1a2... excited to hear this pairing.

May 13, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #1,616 of 1,891

Stock cable is bit bright for my taste. I have paired FD5 with Tripowin Altea pure copper cable and it's perfect match. Give drivers few weeks burn in. Sounds gets sweeter with time. I was on same boat as you, upgrade from FH3 to FD5 and initially thought FH3 was supirior. But now I have FD5 for few months they sound fantastic.

May 14, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #1,617 of 1,891
Still waiting for my wm1a2... excited to hear this pairing.
Yeah that sounds about great and I'm sure the pairing is outstanding but it's way over my budget. Though I really like Sony products

May 14, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #1,618 of 1,891

Glad you've found your sweet spot with this great IEMs.

Best advice I can give is to change the tips and pair it with a slightly warmer source, like Mojo, iFi DAC/amp or Sony.
This has changed the listening pleasure dramatically, for me. :)

Never liked the pairing with BTR5 and FD5.
Even with the Xperia 1 iii it's better for my listening habits.

BTR5 is nice with FD7, thou.

Have fun with it. :)

May 14, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,619 of 1,891
I think that BTR5 and FD5 can be a good match but not in balanced mode, with balanced cable it becomes too bright, while in single end the listening is more relaxed.

However, i prefer to combine them with my Q3, with it and a silver balanced cable, it goes great.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #1,620 of 1,891
Glad you've found your sweet spot with this great IEMs.

Best advice I can give is to change the tips and pair it with a slightly warmer source, like Mojo, iFi DAC/amp or Sony.
This has changed the listening pleasure dramatically, for me. :)

Never liked the pairing with BTR5 and FD5.
Even with the Xperia 1 iii it's better for my listening habits.

BTR5 is nice with FD7, thou.

Have fun with it. :)
Agreed. The FD5 aren't really picky when it comes to source. Though I haven't tried it specifically with the BTR5.

Of the the sources I have tried, some of my favorite pairings are: E1DA 9038S, RU6, N3Pro, Mojo 2, and M11 Plus LTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back